[2019 EL PO] Real Madrid - Panathinaikos OPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    For me he's a eurochallenge level player at best.His body reminds me of wrestlers not that of a basketball small forward.
    agreed
    he's at the same age with micic, guduric and grigonis.

Comment

• I mean Real doesnt really need him but i just laugh when i read in greek press that Real is so deep they have 2-3 world class players in every position.No,Gabriel Deck,Prepelic and Thompson are far from world class players...and in these series they had meaningful minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
        For me he's a eurochallenge level player at best.His body reminds me of wrestlers not that of a basketball small forward.
        Doncic has a body of tight end and still doing reasonably well.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
          Doncic has a body of tight end and still doing reasonably well.
          The guy called LeBron has the ultimate TE body as well, people say he's quite good.

I know where Koncak is coming from but body can be deceiving. On one end we have lean players like Curry, people say he has the best core strength in all of Warriors, does crazy lifts etc. On the other hand we have guys, mostly players new to NBA, with huge body but higher body fat% and can't even box out well.
          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• I dont think Doncic let alone Lebron are the same body type as Deck.Kurbanov is a good analogy.

Anyway problem with Deck besides his body is i dont see any particular basketball skill.No dribbling no shooting.A bit of posting up and passing out of it and that's it..I admit i havent watched more than 5 games of him but in every one he was just there.Maybe just caught him at the wrong time.

Comment

• It’s quite simple, if you can create for yourself and others and have at least decent shot, you’re more or less unstoppable, especially in Nba, even if your athleticism is not the best.
              Deck didn’t show much creativity yet.

Luka is built like a tank. He will never be very athletic, but he can become very strong. Good luck to defend 6’8”(with shoes), 230 Pg, who can shoot, post up or just attack the rim with his strength.
              Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-24-2019, 11:50 AM.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
                if that ever happens we will talk about it. until that happens though
                calathes>fenerbahce. and thats not an opinion,its a fact whether you like it or not
                Fener has 3 EL finals, Calathes only one. So he is not better Fener. You can sit over meaningless eurocup. Calathes could not play F4 since 2012 . On the hand Fener will play 5 times in a row.

You will accept the fact that Fener is real powerhouse of today's european basketball. Pao is shadow in the past. 3 skoupas last 4 years. You became a loser after Obradovic. You can worship your sick master, Obradovic made what you achieved. You were almost nothing without him.

Also Sloukas >>> Calathes . 3 titles 6 finals lol
                Last edited by Cemalex; 04-24-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
                  Fener has 3 EL finals, Calathes only one. So he is not better Fener. You can sit over meaningless eurocup. Calathes could not play F4 since 2012 . On the hand Fener will play 5 times in a row.

You will accept the fact that Fener is real powerhouse of today's european basketball. Pao is shadow in the past. 3 skoupas last 4 years. You became a loser after Obradovic. You can worship your sick master, Obradovic made what you achieved. You were almost nothing without him.

Also Sloukas >>> Calathes . 3 titles 6 finals lol
                  Final Fours don't mean nothing for Pao fans. Greek teams have been making Final Fours almost uninterruptedly since 1988. It's all about titles. Pao has six titles, Olympiacos has three titles, CSKA has seven titles, Real has ten titles. Who cares how many Final Fours they have played? It matters only during that year. As in, it is better to make the Final Four, rather than the Play offs. That's it.

Personally, I consider this season a huge succes for Pao. The club is working on a new Greek core of players. These players have had their chance to be essential players during the regular season as well as the play offs. One has to give credit for that. How many teams always make the play offs? And how many teams do it with a core of home grown players?

The fact that you argue that Pao in not succesful because they only make the play offs shows how good this team actually really is.
                  PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                    Final Fours don't mean nothing for Pao fans. .
                    Yet you can't even join in F4 since 2012

No one would buy this lie, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Pao tried to join final four since 2012 and failed everytime.
                    FENERBAHÇE
                    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                      It’s quite astonishing how much disrespect have Fener fans towards Pao.
                      We are the easy target at the moment. We are a big team that has been failing recently. Other candidates would be Barca (until this year) and Oly, but they don’t have many active members here.

I guess we need to suck it up and wait for when the well of money dries up for Fener
                      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                        We are the easy target at the moment. We are a big team that has been failing recently. Other candidates would be Barca (until this year) and Oly, but they don’t have many active members here.

I guess we need to suck it up and wait for when the well of money dries up for Fener
                        We have 600 mio € debt thanks to previous management. We are so far down, we can only go up from here in terms of financials (famous last words lol)
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          We have 600 mio € debt thanks to previous management. We are so far down, we can only go up from here in terms of financials (famous last words lol)
                          Hahaha, well the important thing is not to take sports too seriously and have fun

For the future of European basketball though, major changes need to be made in order to spark more interest.

Comment

When will you guys stop crying about the budgets? We're only the 4th when it comes to budget, not even in top 3.

CSKA, Madrid and Barça are in top 3.
                            FENERBAHÇE
                            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Hahaha, well the important thing is not to take sports too seriously and have fun

For the future of European basketball though, major changes need to be made in order to spark more interest.
                              I know exactly what fans want... Tadım Nuts' Game!!!

Seriously though, Euroleague PR needs a shake-up. They got better in the last 2 years but only marginally. I know the product is not even comparable to NBA or Champions League in terms of appeal but still...
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                                When will you guys stop crying about the budgets? We're only the 4th when it comes to budget, not even in top 3.

CSKA, Madrid and Barça are in top 3.
                                If you perceive my comments as crying, I apologize. That’s far from my intention.

All I’m saying is that 3/4 (and maybe 4/4) highest budgets go to the F4. I’m not complaining, there was a a time that Pao was in that club.
                                Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive and argue besides the topic?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information