[2019 EL PO] Real Madrid - Panathinaikos OPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
    If you perceive my comments as crying, I apologize. That’s far from my intention.

All I’m saying is that 3/4 (and maybe 4/4) highest budgets go to the F4. I’m not complaining, there was a a time that Pao was in that club.
    Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive and argue besides the topic?
    No need for apologize, I am just sick of hearing about Fenerbahçe's budget on this site every week that's all. You don't see people complaining about CSKA's, Madrid's and Barça's budgets, but as if we've the greatest budget of Euroleague usually people are talking about our budget... We're just the 4th when it comes to that.

We had the same budget before even Obradovic and Gherardini, when we were failing in the top 16 and not even reaching the playoffs somehow. But since now we're getting what we've deserved, that budget has become a problem.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
      We are the easy target at the moment. We are a big team that has been failing recently. Other candidates would be Barca (until this year) and Oly, but they don’t have many active members here.

I guess we need to suck it up and wait for when the well of money dries up for Fener

Qiute the contrary, I wish there were more teams with proper budget. Euroleague will not be better league, if a top level team weakens in terms of budget.

Besides, it is not all about budget. Zalgiris reached F4 with a modest squad, fighting spirit & a coach of high quality last year. I would say if your team would have fought like last two year's Zalgiris, R. Madrid couldn't win the series 3-0 but I can't blame other players because the main guy in the team plays with %22 2FG - %31,6 3FG and drains team's energy by not scoring easy/decent shots after all.
      The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
        No need for apologize, I am just sick of hearing about Fenerbahçe's budget on this site every week that's all. You don't see people complaining about CSKA's, Madrid's and Barça's budgets, but as if we've the greatest budget of Euroleague usually people are talking about our budget... We're just the 4th when it comes to that.

We had the same budget before even Obradovic and Gherardini, when we were failing in the top 16 and not even reaching the playoffs somehow. But since now we're getting what we've deserved, that budget has become a problem.
        The problems of the rich, trying to show that money hurts Give Zalgiris that 30-40mln budget and fck our brains about it as much as you want, I swear I won't complain about it for sec In our country, in Zalgiris too it usually goes like this - the better management works, the higher budget we have, so it's only praise and recognition if you have a big one

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          The problems of the rich, trying to show that money hurts Give Zalgiris that 30-40mln budget and fck our brains about it as much as you want, I swear I won't complain about it for sec In our country, in Zalgiris too it usually goes like this - the better management works, the higher budget we have, so it's only praise and recognition if you have a big one
          Yeah, probably. Considering what Saras is doing with a very limited budget, which is lesser than Pao's and Oly's.

Still, we need to see what he can do first, after all being a coach to an expensive team also requires the ability to lead. Many coaches on the league are failing to do that, controlling and leading those egos is a hard job. Obra has the charisma and Gherardini is specifically choosing suitable players for Obra's style.

There is no guarantee that Saras can rule and control the players with big egos, he is very successful with a limited budget and he proved that, now he needs to prove how he can deal with star and elite players with egos.
          FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
          --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
          --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            In NBA he just beats his defender and line to the rim is open
            Again, you underestimate how much of his game is post-ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              In our case the budget is more about ROI of parties involved and less about what Fener deserves. Sponsors pay because they get the return in terms of PR. Management doesn't cut the budget because they might be shot on sight by the fans (kidding). Basketball branch in total (women's team, U teams) has 15 m revenue and 30 m cost but as all parties are content with the current situation, I don't see it changing - yet.

I also admire how Zalgiris pulled themselves from the bootstraps. They had huge debt, but they're now both successful and show profit for some years right? This is the right way for teams without a financially bigger organization (football branch in our case) to support basketball.
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                Yeah, probably. Considering what Saras is doing with a very limited budget, which is lesser than Pao's and Oly's.

Still, we need to see what he can do first, after all being a coach to an expensive team also requires the ability to lead. Many coaches on the league are failing to do that, controlling and leading those egos is a hard job. Obra has the charisma and Gherardini is specifically choosing suitable players for Obra's style.

There is no guarantee that Saras can rule and control the players with big egos, he is very successful with a limited budget and he proved that, now he needs to prove how he can deal with star and elite players with egos.
                I'm not talking about achievements or Saras, just that having big budget is not a sin or anything to be ashamed of, vice versa, it's great. Lot of clubs would like to have such "problems" Ok, if we go back to Saras, of course there's no guarantee if he would succeed, but his basketball understanding is at top level. It was when he was a player and its the same with him being a coach. He has huge charisma and decent reputation in Europe, let's say now lot of agents are offering their players and players on their own wants to come to play under Saras even for less money. But at the same time he loves to select all the roster by himself, he hates to have big egos in team, player must have good characteristics not only as a player, but as a person too. Team spirit, one goal is key here. Zalgiris is build this way - no headcases, no one big star. I think he would kill some James or Wilbekin after first practice Saras main requirements for clubs is to have free hands in selection, in moves and not to interfere his work. Just like Obradovic - he has his system, has ideas and club must fully trust him. You can discuss with him of course, but not to do anything without his knowledge. He has it all in Zalgiris. And that's why I kinda doubt about his chances moving to some Barca where management looks kinda messy, don't know about PAO with Giannakopoulos making crazy things. Let's say current Fener of Efes rosters with mostly devoted and unselfish players would be the ones Saras could coach. But indeed, he and Zeljko has a lot in common, like Saras wrote in his book - Obradovic, Popovic and Doc Rivers are the coaches he idolized the most and learned from

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                In our case the budget is more about ROI of parties involved and less about what Fener deserves. Sponsors pay because they get the return in terms of PR. Management doesn't cut the budget because they might be shot on sight by the fans (kidding). Basketball branch in total (women's team, U teams) has 15 m revenue and 30 m cost but as all parties are content with the current situation, I don't see it changing - yet.

I also admire how Zalgiris pulled themselves from the bootstraps. They had huge debt, but they're now both successful and show profit for some years right? This is the right way for teams without a financially bigger organization (football branch in our case) to support basketball.
                Yes, Zalgiris got rid of debts recently, it took some 4-5 years, we had over 10mln one left from our past owners, now we have 10mln budget, no debts and some extra money if bank

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                  Again, you underestimate how much of his game is post-ups.
                  A table featuring post up information for each player in the league based on selected filters.
                  Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-24-2019, 05:22 PM.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Luka is built like a tank. He will never be very athletic, but he can become very strong. Good luck to defend 6’8”(with shoes), 230 Pg, who can shoot, post up or just attack the rim with his strength.
                    scary thing about him is this. he does not rely on athleticism. people argue over his peak. he is already at his peak, almost. scary thing is he can play like this till he retires.

also regarding that greece nt subject, not a reply to beno: no coach on his right mind will deploy two players who can't shoot at the same time. calathes+giannis without sloukas not gonna happen.
                    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
                      This is very interesting that if a player form Real or Cska , He suddenly could become a best pg or best c etc after a few good game. But if a player plays for Fener, some haters resist to accept that. Campazzo suddenly become a best pg, they were laughing the same opinion about Sloukas.
                      Are you scanning every thread to see in case somebody did not praise a Fener player enough? or god forbid, praised someone else more?
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Your words about Deck is what I read about Campazzo when we signed him: short and fat, no shooting and too much turnovers, from a weak league. And now, everybody praising him.

By the way, in the 2014-2015 season, our PGs were Sergio Rodríguez, Sergio Llull, Facundo Campazzo + Luka Doncic as help in some games. Astonishing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                          Your words about Deck is what I read about Campazzo when we signed him: short and fat, no shooting and too much turnovers, from a weak league. And now, everybody praising him.

By the way, in the 2014-2015 season, our PGs were Sergio Rodríguez, Sergio Llull, Facundo Campazzo + Luka Doncic as help in some games. Astonishing...
                          Luka was 15 years old.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Luka was 15 years old.
                            And Chacho younger, Llull had 2 knees (now he only has 1) and Campazzo was fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                              And Chacho younger, Llull had 2 knees (now he only has 1) and Campazzo was fat.
                              It’s sad how many great guards are coming to the end of their career and there’s not much left behind. The real picture of European basketball is very bleak.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

It’s sad how many great guards are coming to the end of their career and there’s not much left behind. The real picture of European basketball is very bleak.
                                Micic, and I am sure he will go the the Sixers. Campazzo is still quiet young (28), Calathes is 30, Sloukas is 29 (although he is not a pure PG). We must sign Carlos Alocén, 18 years old and rocking in the ACB, the new Llull.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information