Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Big time road win by Milwaukee to regain home court and control of the series now up 2-1. With no Brogdon in these first 3 games Boston has the far more talented team, yet the team is worse or less than the sum of its parts. Another inefficient bad shooting performance by Kyrie. Game 4 now an obvious must win for the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    ... Boston has the far more talented team, yet the team is worse or less than the sum of its parts.
    Very well said. Bucks function really well, as for Boston it's kind of a Kyrie vs. the rest tension. In those kind of moments, I can see the advantage of clear hierarchy, which is something a lot of euro fans kind of despise in basketball. Boston is kind of the most simmilar to that euro-like 5 equal players on court, while Bucks are a good showcase of having a guy that creates an advantage and building on that.

DEN - POR looks like it was a fun game to watch. I like the way McCollum stepped up in these series. Denver has a nice core, yet it's Jokić pulling them up from what would otherwise probably be a mere lottery team and he can't do it all by himself in the playoffs anymore imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Unbelievable feat of endurance by Nikola Jokic. Played 65 minutes, the most in an NBA playoff game in more than 65 years.

Tough 4 overtime loss for Denver in Portland. It’s gonna be hard for them to bounce back on the road in very important game 4 after a demoralizing loss like this. The good thing is they are extremely young. We already knew how great Jokic was but Jamal Murray has merged in these playoffs to form an excellent one two punch.

Big time road win by Milwaukee to regain home court and control of the series now up 2-1. With no Brogdon in these first 3 games Boston has the far more talented team, yet the team is worse or less than the sum of its parts. Another inefficient bad shooting performance by Kyrie. Game 4 now an obvious must win for the Celtics.
    i dont think that the case,maybe more tallent but far more no way.Firstly Bucks has obviuosly best player on the court and only by this fact tallents equals up to some degree.Secondly they have proven playoofs performers like Mirotic or G.Hill and dont even talking about All star Middleton and Bledsoe is pitbull and lots of shooters .There are a reasons why they won 60 games and was nr 1 team in regular Bucks is favorite in this serries and was before series.But i still believe Celtics gonna win gm4 and it make it close serries.

I was impressed by this Bucks win.They shown poise on the road against good team and G.Hill was huge comming from nowhere with 21 points. He is grownp up in the room in this bucks team,like Iggy is for Warriors or Horford is for Celtics.

Jokic and Murray tandem going further is very promissing both very young and already both can put 30pts in playoofs game.But Blazers bench (hood) again step up when main players have nothing left in the tank and won this huge game.To lose in such way it hurted Nuggets alot no doubt,we will see how they will react.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-04-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Celtics lose at home again to Bucks. Giannis was great again and Kyrie was awful again. Only 2 teams out of 105 down 3-1 with 2 of the last 3 games on the road have come back to win the series. 1995 west 2nd round Rockets with Olajuwon/Drexler Over Charles Barkley and Phoenix, and more recently 2016 NBA Finals with LeBron and Kyrie Over Golden State.

This bucks is deep as hell.6min left in 3 querter both Gianni's and Middleton got in faul trouble and what you know G.Hill leaded Bucks bench outscore Celtics main players by 10 and goes +8 to 4 querter on the away game that's ridiculous

Warriors everytime when 2 of Hamptons 5 sits on bench for rest, Rockets goes on the run and Hamptons 5 have to play from behind.It will be very hard even for almighty warriors starting 5 to win 4 serries with no bench at all ...It eventually playing 40min+will get to them,if not in this serries, but eventually it will.I don't recall anybody winning title without bench production,you aren't winning 16 games against top teams with only 5 players playing well .Plus both splash brothers overall is struggling in this playoofs compared to theirs standards.

Even Pop would be proud to see how his younger brother coaches bucks play as a team on both sides and having top 3 player in this playoffs they have it all to bring city of Milwaukee what they didn't have since Kareem left.

I thought Bucks will have problems with experience, but G.Hill especially and couple other players have been around and aren't letting meltdowns to happen in tougher moments like today was 3rd querter.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Well, what we have?

GSW-Houston 2:2
    After first two games I expected to see 4:0 or 4:1 but Rockets did well in Toyota Center. Now series is again open, it's obvious that splash brother are not powerful like before and if Durant change team this summer thay will be vulnerable.

Denver-PTB 2:2
    For me this is best series for watch. Jokic&Murray against Lillard&CJ, everything is possible and I suppose there will be 7 games. I had doubts about Nuggets in play off because of lack experience but they are good, Jokic has huge impact on his team and make some players better.

Raptors-Sixers 2:2
    One more pretty equal series, for Raptors advantage is Kawhi who is playing like MJ in this play off but rest of the Raptors especially Lowry does not give me confidence. Maybe next game will be crucial.

Bucks-Celtics 3:1
    I really did not expect 3 easy victories for Bucks after game 1 but this Boston still has some limits. Irving must be key man for Boston but he is not in best mode like first star of the team. I can't see chances for green comeback in this series.

Celtics lose at home again to Bucks. Giannis was great again and Kyrie was awful again. Only 2 teams out of 105 down 3-1 with 2 of the last 3 games on the road have come back to win the series. 1995 west 2nd round Rockets with Olajuwon/Drexler Over Charles Barkley and Phoenix, and more recently 2016 NBA Finals with LeBron and Kyrie Over Golden State.
    I'll never get why Kyrie is held in such an high esteem in the NBA. Ainge was kinda begging for him to re-sign this summer. NBA's typical superstar obsession? He's talented like hell, but I think he's by himself costing Celtics the round.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

He’s a great player but he was and always will be a number 2 on an elite level championship caliber team. And that’s not a bad thing. There aren’t a lot of those guys around either. He will never be a number one. Not a two way player and too small at Under 6 foot 3. If you look historically those guys can’t be number ones. Stephen Curry won in ‘15 as the main guy but that’s explainable because the team he beat was playing without its second and third best players. Isiah Thomas won twice and is an exception to the rule because the team around him was probably the greatest defensive team ever.

Milwaukee Bucks make short work of the Celtics in 5 games and advance to the Conference final for the first time since the Ray Allen, Big Dog Robinson, Sam Cassell team from 18 years ago.

Durant out.KD not playing in gm6 and gm7 and has some chance joining possible conference finals,depending on severity of the strain.

Rockets already messed up not winning gm5,when Warriors was obviuosly in shock seeing their leader going out...If Rockets not winning this serries without KD,Boogie no excuse that would be choking big deal.I saw some shows and some smart experts believe that Warriors can be even better without KD haha ale Steph now can be Steph.Yeah they imagine Warriors have same fantastic bench and Iggy and Livingston is still in their prime like their were 4 years ago,but that obviuosly not the case.I feel Warriors have some shot in gm7 at home that original 5 warriors splash brothers,Draymond,Iggy,Livingston have tons of experience in such games will give them fight no doubt,but that would require Rockets play badly also like they played in 4 querter in gm5.Now Houston simply has more tallent and better and way deeper team.

With KD Warriors would have won 4-3 how it was played .Now Rockets have all cards making nba finals.Who understand know this true is west confe finals,with all respect to Denver and Portland.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-09-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I'll never get why Kyrie is held in such an high esteem in the NBA. Ainge was kinda begging for him to re-sign this summer. NBA's typical superstar obsession? He's talented like hell, but I think he's by himself costing Celtics the round.
    Man, you were right. Didn's see this happening, Celtics are definately a dissapointment for me. On the other hand it will be great to see a team as Milwaukee in the semis.

Philly - Toronto will be a hell of a match...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

The Rockets have officially joined the list of teams that were good but not good enough to get it done and win a championship.

Early-Mid ‘80’s Milwaukee Bucks
    1990’s Utah Jazz
    Early ‘90’s TrailBlazers
    Early ‘90’s Knicks
    1993-1995 Phoenix Suns
    Mid-Late ‘90’s Indiana Pacers
    Early ‘00’s Sacramento Kings
    Mid ‘00’s Phoenix Suns

There are others as well but these come to mind.

Warriors went really deep in Gm6,I mean everybody played well and motivated all 11 players and they needed all that to overcome Houston tallent.

That Warriors group is just simply winners and winners will find ways to will themselfs and others less experienced players to win . Just brilliant team win,even their "dead bench" step up big time.

Iggy defence performance at age of 35 even Scottie Pippen would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I'll never get why Kyrie is held in such an high esteem in the NBA.
    Have you not seen Uncle Drew??

Epic moments for Kawhi and CJ. Well deserved for Toronto and Portland.

About Denver, Murray & Milsap had 18/66 FG last two games. They have overall great season but for something more they need one more super star near Jokic.

Man, Leonard just did it. What a great story for him! If not him it would probably a sweep for the Raptors with Derozan against such Sixers which played better than people expected. It will be a heck of a battle between Leonard and Greek Freak. Might be 2 best players in a ball game today.

As for Portland, I was rooting for them, even if Karnisovas is a GM of Nuggets. Both teams are young and fun, but somehow I wanted Portland to go further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Epic moments for Kawhi and CJ. Well deserved for Toronto and Portland.

About Denver, Murray & Milsap had 18/66 FG last two games. They have overall great season but for something more they need one more super star near Jokic.
    CJ indeed was on a mission. They made it to conf finals without Nurkic, hats off. I'm not sure what this says about the current quality of Western conference though? it was supposed to be much much better than East. is it in decline? I didn't watch Denver many times this year, but I really liked Murray & Harris, complementing Jokic nicely. Millsap also played great earlier. I thought their coach could do better in this series.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast