Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs

After watching warriors-rockets gm1 felt like it was gm7...both teams really competed very hard , felt like game was going on very long,any mini run timeout straight away.It hurts to lose such type game.Rockets lost a very good chance in stealing a game,warriors wasnt fresh after clippers.Wouldnt be suprised next game see blowout.

Did someone forgot to turn on "undercutting shooter" rule?

I don’t understand how people seriously think Houston can win this series. Golden State has the better Superstar, better #2, Klay is better than Gordon, Draymond is better than Capela and Igoudala is a better version of similar type players than Tucker. So better across the board and with home court. It won’t happen.

Houston lost their chance last year up 3-2 with a seventh game at home. The Chris Paul injury was big but in all honesty Golden State probably would have found a way to win anyway.

Kevin Durant and the Warriors have held the Nba hostage these last 3 years. No one realistically could beat that team in a series. The second best player in the world, (at the time, probably #1 now) joining a ready made Championship team that had also won the most regular season games in league history is something we had never seen before and might never see again. The good news is that he will walk this summer and next year’s chace for the title will not be anticlimactic.

2019 warriors have no bench .Thats hampstons 5 are scoring like 80% of points in this playoofs.Mental fatique is obviuos this season also. If any of the hampston 5 get injury (Curry looks shaky) they have no shot winning this year. after lost boogie.They never were so vulnarable like this year.

to make treepeat is very hard firtsly mentaly...and only best of all times 2 tandems with legendary coach did that.Doesnt matter how tallent you are,to win 3 straight you have to have some luck in endings and with injury no doubt.

asks Rockets players they believe they can beat them and they have tools for that.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 04-28-2019 at 11:08 PM.

2018 Warriors vs Rockets same 5 guys had 80% of the points then too. Benches are so overrated when it’s playoff time.
    It’s about your main 7 guys. And when your main 5 are as good as the Warriors, the other two matter even less.
    Nothing has changed. Cousins absence is irrelevant.

Sometimes these thing are so obvious. The Warriors have the best player in any series. And their second best player is better than any other teams second best player. Same was true of the other teams that won 3 in a row. Shaq and Kobe
    Jordan and Pippen. These teams never played anyone where they didn’t win the best player matchups and second best player matchups. Sometimes it’s as simple as that. But in the Warriors case it is more pronounced because Klay and Draymond are probably the best third and fourth best players on any team in history.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Sometimes these thing are so obvious. The Warriors have the best player in any series. And their second best player is better than any other teams second best player. Same was true of the other teams that won 3 in a row. Shaq and Kobe
    Jordan and Pippen. These teams never played anyone where they didn’t win the best player matchups and second best player matchups. Sometimes it’s as simple as that. But in the Warriors case it is more pronounced because Klay and Draymond are probably the best third and fourth best players on any team in history.
    Yeah but even Bulls in 1998 or Lakers in 2002 had obviuos some luck in endings,some questionable faul call and etc. To 3 straight in modern era you have to be all time great team and have some luck.

Klay and Draymond is better than Worthy and B.Scott of 80s lakers? Draymond is good in Warriors ,but he wouldnt be so good in other teams.This shooters teams is perfect for him,his things he does is very needed in this team.But in other team he would have no shot making even all star team with 12-14pts averages.

Once again when you go all this road for 3rd time mental fatique is so obviuos,look warriros can even play 2 good games.After fantastic game, goes bad game...its hard for same group of people to stay focus for such long period like 5 years in Warriors example, its just very hard mentaly doesnt matter tallents to take best other teams punches for so long.

Warriors by strenght i would rank like this:

2017 by far best team in last 20 years and run through playoofs 16-1
    2018 was still same, but not so hungry compared to 2017
    2016 record year but failed big time in playoofs
    2019 this year team still has hamspton 5,but thats it.Bench is dead compared to 2017 and 2018 and mental fatique is obviuos.
    2015 yeah they won championship,but they had so manny luck with opponents injuries in entire road and that warriors team was with little experience at that time and was making mental mistakes in games ,this rockets versions of 2018 and 2019 would beat 2015 Warriors ( and Rockets still have a shot beating warriors 2019 team from what i saw in gm1)
    Last edited by Shawshank; 04-29-2019 at 12:58 AM.

@Shawshank.
    I agree about luck coming into play especially when it comes to injuries and the Warriors have had some injuries the last two years with Durant and Curry missing multiple playoff games. What might appear to be mental fatigue could also be confused with boredom. Time will tell. I think they know this is their last run with this team and they will take advantage and close it out right. They all know Durant is gone this summer.

By 1987-88 Laker championships Worthy had clearly surpassed an aging Kareem as the team's second best player, and Klay is better than Byron Scott by far. Draymond much better all around player than that Kareem. But with the 1985 Laker championship team you might have a point. Worthy Draymond very close, probably edge to a young Worthy but Klay a lot better than a young Scott.

Although I can't stand him, I think Draymond is one of the leagues most underrated players. He does what the team needs. He can score if he has to. Great example was game 7 of 2016 Finals when he did everything. He knows on this team scoring is the last thing he is asked to do.

Horford is still one of the best bigs in the NBA. Not a fancy and high profile player, but he gets things done in the playoffs. Tough, mobile, just a rock. He and Baynes locked Sabonis and Turner, now locking Giannis. Raptors will get their hands full in the CF, it will be heck of a series. I think Bucks are done, even if they will grab few wins. Giannis needs jumper to completely take over NBA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Did someone forgot to turn on "undercutting shooter" rule?
    I think James Harden is a victim of his own mastered art of foul drawing - the way he's always constantly looking for a contact with his defender, trying to lock their arms and kick his legs whenever he sees a slight opportunity. NBA refs know it all too well, so they are very hesitant to call dubious fouls against him in the playoffs. If he wasn't such a flop machine, maybe he would get more 50/50 calls in his favor. Not like he needs more calls anyway, since he goes to the line more than any other player to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Hehe I am here for a minute or two occasionaly

I mean, I like the way Budenholzer has transformed the team in accordance with Ante, complimenting him with Mirotić and Ilyasova, Brook Lopez, basicaly as "stretch" as a team can possibly be with Ante in the team. Not a fan of Bledsoe though, which I consider the only weak link in their team. Haven't studied how, but I think there should be some options to trap the guy and force him to take the shots instead of others. Streamlining him into solo heroics as much as possible.

Boston has their own issues, but I like deep teams with lesser hierarchy (no matter Irving).

I would be surprised if Bucks win this in 5. 6 sounds more likely, while I am betting on 7
    yeah, I'm not winning this bet .

I normally quite like the Celtics, had even bought their jersey for the first time last year. but I thought Irving would spoil it all. He still may, but their display in the first game impressive.
    They may have found the formula to stop Giannis, but Bucks will probably shoot better than this in the rest if the series.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Season on the line for the number one overall seed in NBA playoffs. Very hard to envision a scenario in which they can come back after losing first two games at home. Historically home teams blow out their opponents in this scenario. I am interested in seeing how Boston responds. Will they go for the kill or play with little urgency and be satisfied with the road split.

Rockets Gm cant blame himself his all those ridiculous stats/reports how refs stole gm7 from them last year before this game ...You are basically saying in press Warriors are fake champions and you got very motivated Warriors players and they control game all game long and your team is in deep hole 2-0...Good luck winning 4 of 5 against this Warriors now.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-01-2019 at 05:43 AM.

And if they sent flowers, they'd save on eyedrops

Raps struggling a little bit more than expected? If Khawi and Siakam are not enough for Raptors to make something notable, this team will never will

Now I'm looking forward to see how Boston and Bucks handle third game which is the key, IMO. If Bucks will stay close or even wins it, that will be a heck of a series. If Boston takes it with confidence, series more or less done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

both Raptors and Bucks needs split 1-1 in gm3 and gm4 and they will be in control .If 2-2 who has home advantage thats huge and in most cases the further serries goes the harder is to win away game.Sixers is crazy team to watch,they have tallent to be up there with Warriors,but they inexperience can hurt them even in this serries.

Very interesting game 3 in Boston. I expect a big time big game bounce back from Kyrie Irving. He was awful in game 2, maybe his worst postseason game of his career. Milwaukee has to treat this game like the Celtics treated game 1. Erase all memories from last year in which the home team won all 7 games. Come out swinging like Boston did and make the statement that this year will be different and we can win on your court.

If I am Denver I am worried that Lillard was not that great in game 2 yet they still had enough to beat me at home.
    If Denver wins this game I think they will win this series.

Despite leading their series with Toronto 2-1, I am still not sold on Philly. They are too inexperienced, inconsistent and their coach is awful. I still can’t see them winning this series. I guess I can if Embiid turns into Olajuwon for the entire series, but I am not banking on that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast