Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Man, Leonard just did it. What a great story for him! If not him it would probably a sweep for the Raptors with Derozan against such Sixers which played better than people expected. It will be a heck of a battle between Leonard and Greek Freak. Might be 2 best players in a ball game today.

As for Portland, I was rooting for them, even if Karnisovas is a GM of Nuggets. Both teams are young and fun, but somehow I wanted Portland to go further.
    Sixers indeed played better than expected, but that in itself is a disappointment imho. with Furkan Korkmaz and his increased PT this year, I started to watch them a lot, but have grown to dislike them as the season progressed. What a disconnected team!

in the east finals, I don't think Leonard can save the Raptors this time. Bucks in 6.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I hear a crazy rumour Sixers want to trade Simmons for Lebron. If that's true Sixers is one stupid of organization. I mean some NBA GM's...complete idiots. FOA, Magic was an idiot to build a team around 34 years old Lebron, now Sixers GM goes for even more stupidi move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Magic was an idiot to build a team around 34 years old Lebron, .
    That’s some serious revisionist history right there considering that 30 out of 30 teams would have paid him last summer had he accepted tho go to any of their teams. Also consider the fact that Portland Trail Blazers are in the West Finals, a team that just about midway through the season and Lebron’s injury the Lakers were even with. I have no doubt that without that derailment the Lakers has as good as shot as any to be the the sacrificial lamb to the Warriors in the conference finals. Like I’ve said earlier LeBron is currently an easy target and everyone and their mothers are piling on but he’ll get the last laugh in the end. He always does.

Against Rockets all 6games was like streetfight in every possession.Tonight was everything so easy for Warriors all game long shooting open shots.Maybe Blazers was tired ( body language was saying that) after hard fought gm7, but no effort what so ever.We will see in Gm2 do blazers have a shot at all or we already saw western confe finals in round 2

"In the Clippers series, the narrative was that [Durant] is the greatest player in the world, this is Kevin's team. Now, it's Steph's team. I don't view it that way. We're a team. The word should be T-E-A-M. "When we beat LeBron , three out of four times. When we go up against Harden and Houston.

"It's team, versus individual. It's team, versus isolation. That is really the story.

Joe Lacob Warriors owner

"We don't need you" Teammate

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    "We don't need you" Teammate
    They needed him that first year in order to beat the LeBron/Kyrie Cavaliers. But last year and this year they didn’t need him. They are the best team without him and with him it’s just overkill. They are 26-1 in their last 27 games when Durant is out but Curry plays.
    If that statistic doesn’t say it all then nothing does. Just shows how disgusting Kevin Durant being on the Warriors actually is. Thankfully it will end very soon.

I love the Toronto Raptors over Milwaukee in the East Finals. I think Kawhi is more established and ready for this moment than Giannis is at this point. And I also think the supporting cast of Toronto is better than Milwaukee’s as well. Milwaukee’s main guys have never been this far before while guys like Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol have knocked on this door before.

Can Warriors beat good average playoffs teams like blazers or spurs without one of their 2 main superstars? Yes for sure they have enough tallent.Last playoofs curry was out for 6 first playoffs games no problem 5-1 against average playoffs teams,but they need
    both of them playing against 60+wins teams.Like Rockets/Bucks or LeBron and Irving tandem.

In this 3 years playoofs run Warriors

without Curry 12-3
    Without Durant 5-0

Blazers gonna win atleast one game at home and % will be about same with more games played.

thats why they are so damm dominate have 2 superstars in their prime.If they lose one they are still better than 95% of NBA teams.

Warriors were champions,Durant made them dinasty and arguably best team ever.

If KD will not be healthy in finals Bucks gonna win championship .This bucks team looking really good even when don't play well
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-17-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Recent Eastern Conference Finals history seems to suggest that this series isn’t over yet. Since 1993 11 teams have won both home games to go up 2-0. But only 2 of them made short work of their opponents and closed them out early. 1996 and 1997 Bulls in a sweep and 5 games respectively. Amazingly in the other 9 such scenarios the team down 2-0 going home has held serve and won both games to even the series. 3 of the 9 actually ended up winning the series as well.
    The ‘93 Bulls, ‘07 and last year’s Cavs. The common denominator there is Jordan and LeBron. Kawhi has been on that level this postseason and I am not counting Toronto out yet.

Warriors splash brothers versus Blazers backcourt 11-1 in 3 playoffs serries.Lillard and Mccollum mentally don't believe they can beat them, that obviuos in those 12 games they blew up big leads in atleast half of those meetings.

Gm2 Blazers had +17 in 3 querter loses
    Gm3 Blazers had +18 in end of 2 querter loses.

In 3 querter Blazers can't buy a basket 83% career free throw player CJ misses 5 of his 6 free throws wow.... At that moment I said to myself it's obviuosly mental warriors are in their heads, they are getting swept by Warriors again.

Rockets also would have easily beaten this Blazers 4-1.

Warriors will have good rest and seriuos time to prepare for Bucks and also time for injured player get healthier.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-19-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Warriors sweep Blazers 4-0

in entire serries Blazers was a ahead in score 101minutes, Warriors was ahead only 83minutes.

Gm2 Blazers had +17
    Gm3 Blazers had +18
    Gm4 Blazers had +17

Blazers can only blame themselfs.They are very good team,but dont have champions DNR.

Warriors shown what they learn over the years.4th querter execution, poise,character in those minutes was truly on all time champions level.

Curry and Green were just sensational in this serries.

Raptors destroy the Bucks to even up series at 2. Both teams probably feel they could or should be up 3-1 but tied at 2 seems appropriate. A lot of pressure on inexperienced Milwaukee in game 5. I could easily see them being tight and the more experienced Toronto team stealing the game.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and what a short memory people in the media have. The narrative being pushed is that Milwaukee was dominant in games 1 and 2 at home. Toronto controlled game 1 for the first 3 quarters and led by 7 points entering the fourth quarter. They even led with just over 2 minutes to go in the game and this was coming off a grueling 7 game series. Amazing how dumb these media members are.

Wow, a great comeback from 2-0, Toronto leads the series 3-2.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Congrats to the Eastern Conference champion Toronto Raptors. Thank you for proving me right in thinking they were going to the Finals since February. You made me some serious money as well. Also great for the country of Canada and especially the city of Toronto that has been a hot bed of young basketball talent and this will only continue that. Enjoy the moment because this is the high point. Now sorry to say you will get spanked in the Finals and then lose Kawhi in the offseason as well.

Kawhi ; 41 minutes, 27 pts, 17 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk insane... And he did that in the most important game of the series.

It's a shame that when they choosing season mvp they are not looking at the playoffs, so my list was;

1- Harden
    2- Kawhi
    3- Giannis

Kawhi showed that he is better than Giannis when it matters,

He should be the mvp, but probably Harden or Giannis will take the award, heck according to the latest news, even George is ahead of Kawhi, but we all know he is better than George as well.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

raptors was knocking on door of finals like last 4 years,but wall called lebron james just dominated them every year.But in process of loosing toronto learn things and when they got a chance they make most of it.Leonard shown what is the diffrence between star and superstar in this playoofs.

i believe gm ujiri did right thing,year after year he saw that raptors with their own top picks derozan and valanciunas is not more than 2 round in playoofs and made a huge risk.Give up both of those future players and went all in ,this years playoofs bringing rental Leonard and solid veterans gasol and green.

even is Kawhi is leaving,Raptors made finals and made history for canadian team to make nba finals is big deal. If kawhi leaves raptors will struggle making playoofs in near future,they gave alot to make this finals.But it was worth .

If raptors will convince kawhi to stay ujiri would be genius .Nba people are talking this playoofs run put raptors in driving seat to get kawhi long term.

Giannis is now where Lebron was in 2007.If he adds some jumper to his game,he will become best world player no doubt.For next 2 years nba will be Durants,Curry,Hardens biggest faces of league , they are in their early 30s now and still in their peaks with experience and knowing how to win.

But after 2 years it will be around 27 years old Giannis will become top player in world of basketball.Now is getting painfull playoffs lessons,but that process will make him champion in couple years,most of all time greats went this way too.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-26-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Kawhi ; 41 minutes, 27 pts, 17 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk insane... And he did that in the most important game of the series.

It's a shame that when they choosing season mvp they are not looking at the playoffs, so my list was;

1- Harden
    2- Kawhi
    3- Giannis

Kawhi showed that he is better than Giannis when it matters,

He should be the mvp, but probably Harden or Giannis will take the award, heck according to the latest news, even George is ahead of Kawhi, but we all know he is better than George as well.

Both harden and giannis underperform in playoofs.

best player in 2019 playoofs is Leonard no doubt,durant was up there with him in the race for best player until injury.Now curry is shinning.So both top 2 mvp candidates underperformed in playoofs in my eyes.

as today stands leonard,durant,curry shown there true level in playoofs when real games begins.That would my top 3 nba players right now.But harden and giannis are knocking on the door as 4th and 5th best players.

Giannis just need to get more experience,harden need to get a bit of luck and play smarter not go all game 1 vs 1.Rockets was the only team in durant and curry warriors era,who was very close to knock them down ...btw twice...nobody else came even close in last 3 years.Warriors celebrated beating rockets like winning a championship and there are reasons for that (maybe that was true final again similiar to 2018 ?)
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-26-2019 at 06:10 PM.

[-deleted-] to think Harden is the MVP of the league. It's about the whole season, not regular season. Dude doesn't play D and I can't get it how some folks still pretend D is lesser part of a game than O. And he underperforms in PO two years in a row.

It's about Giannis and Leonard. And Leonard to me is the best baller in the world at the moment, he proved that.

I see this hierarchy today:

1. Leonard.
    2. Giannis.
    Durrant
    4. Lebron.
    5. Curry.
    6. Harden.
    7. Davis.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-26-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: less aggressive please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast