Egyptian National Team 2019-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian National Team 2019-2021

After failure of qualification to the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup in China , the Egyptian national federation started a new campaign in order to

win the next FIBA Afrobasket 2021 and qualify to the next 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup which will be held in Japan; Indonesia; Philippines.

The 2019 Schedule of Egyptian National team:

Zone V Qualifiers in Kampala , Uganda 26 June - 1 July 2019

Afrocan 2019 in Bamako , Mali 17-28 July 2019)

All African Games in Rabat ,Morocco (23 August -3 September 2019)

Afrobasket 2021 1st leg of qualification November 2019

International Friendlies
    Last edited by lemo; 04-19-2019, 12:57 PM.

Alfred Julbe named new coach of Egypt

A lfred Julbe, former coach of Barcelona B and a mythical in the Spanish benches, has decided to pack and start a new professional adventure at 58 years.

The Catalan coach has been committed to the Federation of Egypt as the new African coach after leaving Barcelona last summer after the signing of Diego Ocampo

for the Barca branch.The Egyptian federation, which already had Juan Antonio Orenga as national coach, announced the signing of Julbe through social networks.

https://twitter.com/EBBFED/status/1105915692627435522

Comment

New Prospects for Egypt

There are several notable players for the Egyptian national team who are not included in the squad of the senior national team before.

Among them are :

Abdel Rahman Nader (SF-26-183) Oklahoma City Thunder NBA USA

Assem Marei (PF-27-206) Pinar Karsiyaka Super Ligi Turkey
      Omar Samhan (C-32-206 ) Mineros de Zacatecas LNBP Mexico
      Yaser Saleh (SF-20-195) Peristeri Greek A1 Greece
      Ahmed Hamdy (PF-206 ) Rustavi Superliga Georgia
      Jusuf El Domiaty (SG-29-183) SC Rist Wedel Pro B Germany
      Hassan Attia (C-24-206) Tampa Bay Titans TBL USA

Ehab Amin (PG-190 ) Oregon Ducks NCAA USA
      Ahmed Ismail IUPUI Jaguars NCAA USA
      Adham Eleeda (SG-) Sheridan College NJCAA USA

Ismael Massoud (193) McDuffie High School USA (Wake Forrest Commit)
      Essam Mostafa (196) Long Island Lutheran High School USA

Comment

From Egypt to America, Nader found his place through basketball

Nader was the last player on the court at shootaround at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, firing jump shot after jump shot. There was rarely a miss, so few that Paul George and Raymond Felton started to watch intently while seated on the scorer’s table.

George and Felton barely moved and didn’t speak, as if doing so would break Nader’s rhythm. Thunder assistant coach Dave Bliss fed Nader pass-after-pass and the shots kept falling.

"He works at it every single day and does a lot of drills for these moments," Thunder center Steven Adams said of Nader after a 99-95 win against the Grizzlies on Sunday.

What the Thunder has discovered this season is it has a young wing that hasn’t just found his place in the rotation through his hard work, but he found his place in America through basketball.

•••

It’s pronounced Ab-DOOL, and there’s a story behind that, too.

Nader, 25, is the son of Egyptian immigrants. The way Nader tells it, his parents didn’t know much English when they came to the United States. When his parents were going through customs and had to write his name down, there was no translation from Arabic to English.

"You’re not really picky to see how they spelled it," said Nader.

His name was the least of his troubles transitioning to the U.S., with his family moving to Chicago.

"It was a big difference, from societal norms to not knowing the language, having that barrier," Nader said. "Just adjusting in general to the U.S. society was the biggest, hardest thing for me."

It was on courts in Chicago where Nader found where he belonged and where a passion grew.

"I was just going to the park every day," Nader said. "…picking up a ball and playing with some friends."

He grew, too. His parents are both around 5-foot-7. Nader was 5-9 when he started high school at Maine East High School before shooting to 6-6 and finishing his career at Niles North. By the time he was a senior in 2011, attention was growing around his game. Offers came from Baylor, DePaul, Marquette and USC, among others.

When he was younger, Nader’s mother, Amina Rehama, enrolled her son in basketball and karate, but she wanted Abdel to become an engineer. Even before his growth spurt, she figured that dream was a wrap.

"In fifth or sixth grade, he played very well," Rehama told The Oklahoman after a Thunder game in Oklahoma City. "By junior high, everybody liked to see him play."

"He went around the entire state, to big (AAU) tournaments, to Los Angeles. Everybody started to talk about him."

Nader’s mother liked to see him play, too, but she would stand at the door of whatever gym Abdel was playing instead of sitting in the crowd.

"I don’t like to see him stressed," she said. "I like to see him comfortable.

"He tells me ‘Mom, I know you’re going to be by the door.’"

It’s then when Nader’s mother goes into the finer details of his youth basketball experience, even giving the address of where she used to take him to play youth basketball.

"Mom, you don’t have to give them the address," Nader said, interjecting.

"I know because I paid for it," she said laughing.

Nader acts slightly annoyed, but smiles and lets his mother continue.

•••

Nader is only averaging 4.0 points and 1.8 rebounds per game for the Thunder, but he’s filled a valuable role in the perimeter rotation in the wake of Alex Abrines being waived and Andre Roberson having rehab setbacks.

In 30 games since Dec. 25, Nader has averaged 5.3 points and 2.2 rebounds per game, including 38.6 percent from 3-point range. This is from a player the Thunder expected to spend time bouncing between the G-League Oklahoma City Blue and the main club as part of his development.

On Sunday, he propped up the Thunder’s offense when Russell Westbrook and Dennis Schroder were struggling, with George watching from the sideline for the third game in a row with a sore right shoulder.

Going from inconsequential minutes at the end of blowouts to 15 important minutes per game for the No. 3 team in the Western Conference isn’t an easy transition. But it’s not as if Nader is unfamiliar with change.

For Nader, it’s the same post-practice routine, the same amount of work and focus. It’s the same game he latched onto as a new kid in a new country.

"Even if you couldn’t speak the language, it makes it easier to communicate by being able to play a sport," Nader said. "Basketball really helped me out with that."

http://snewsi.com/id/19187477731/Fro...ugh-basketball

Comment

Perister: Invest in Yasser Saleh

In one more addition, Peristeri joined Yasser Saleh. He is a 20-year-old gardener who spent the season in Papagos. Saleh signed a three-year contract with the newly-developed team that has already made hers, Cassar, Muratos, Haro, Clark, Sirko and Vassilopoulos.

The announcement stated: "The Peristeri Gymnastics Club announces the acquisition of Yasser Saleh (20x1, 1,97m) for the next three years!

The born on 30/9/1998 Gardard / Forward started his career by Ikaros Kallitheas, having a strong presence in the Teams and Adolescents. Last season he wore the shirt of DP Papagou, a champion of the A2 championship, among which was also faced with GSP. Yasser Saleh recorded 30 innings with the "generals", averaging 5.5 points and 2.9 rebounds in 17.7 minutes.

He now belongs to the family of the Peristeri Gymnastics Club, signing a three-year contract and the first year (2018-19) will be granted in the form of a loan to Dafni Dafniou , in the framework of GSP cooperation with the Haidari team, which will participate in the championship of the 2nd National Championship. We wish health and many successes! ".

Comment

It is Omar Hassan Samhan new reinforcement of Mineros

Zacatecas, Zac.- With 17:37 minutes of play in which he collaborated with six points, 7 rebounds and one assist, despite having only a few hours of reaching the capital, Mineros de Zacatecas announces the arrival of his new reinforcement Omar Hassan Samhan, who will occupy with 2.11 m of height, the position of pivot that had left a couple of months ago Isaac Gutiérrez.

Omar Hassan Samhan, born on November 3, 1988 in Oakland, has three nationalities (American / Egyptian / Mexican), and in 2010, after playing in his university stage at Saint Mary's College in California, he received honorable mention and that same year was part of the NBA Draft.

In addition, in his record, he is preceded by several teams and leagues in various countries in which he played, practically since 2010 where he started playing with Zalgiris, from Lithuania, to the Cariduros de Fajardo, in Puerto Rico, his last squad in 2018 prior to join with Mineros de Zacatecas.

Zalgris from Lithuania, TNT Katrupa from the Philippines, Ulm Ratiopharmen from Germany, Sporting Club from Alexandria, from Egypt, Legends from Texas, Townsville Crocodiles from Australia, Leuven from Belgium, Santeros from Aguada from Puerto Rico, Shiga Lakes from Japan, and Cariduros de Fajardo in Puerto Rico, are the sporting trajectory of the new pivot that arrives at the vein to lead with its contribution, to the team towards the championship.

On the other hand, and after the agonizing victory obtained in the time of extension, Mineros de Zacatecas already works to correct the errors, especially defensive ones, committed during the first duel to try to sweep the series against Laguneros de la Comarca this Friday in at 8:30 pm at the Marcelino González Gym.

As the last two games of the regular season at home ahead of the start of the playoffs in LNBP, the representative quinteta of the hill of the bufa seeks to award a pair of victories to the fans in gratitude for their unconditional support and reach a point, after the incorporation of its two reinforcements (Nikola Dragovic and Omar Samhan), to the most important part of the league.

However, seeing the resistance that put the purple box through his strategist Andres Contreras, who read the game very well, and at times put in trouble his opponent through an old acquaintance like PJ Reyes, directed by Manuel Cintrón , new and known, they know that they will have to redouble their efforts if they intend to keep the second triumph.

Although the red and silver already have their ticket to the postseason with the subliderate of the northern conference secured, opposite will have a team that has no future insured and still fight in each game, to death for staying in the fourth site of it sector.

The coach of the Zacatecan team recognized that one of the aspects to improve is the closure of the matches, although fortunately it was successful in the confrontation with Laguneros.

He also made mention of the executions and good offensive criteria; this when referring to five consecutive possessions wasted when they had a seven-point advantage.

http://www.periodicomirador.com/2019...6UicUKmZwDnYiA
            Last edited by lemo; 03-29-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Jusuf El Domiaty joins SC Rist

Frond. The national league basketball player Jusuf El Domiaty (27) is the next addition to SC Rist Wedel. On the field, he acts as a shooting guard (in German: throwing defender), at the same time begins El Domiaty, which has Egyptian and Bosnian roots, the Rist partner Trioptics training as an industrial clerk.

The native Braunschweiger has played a total of 89 Bundesliga games for the team of his hometown and for Bremerhaven. In the 2nd Bundesliga (Pro A), the former junior national player was also active for Cuxhaven and Dresden. "Yusuf fits in very well with our Guard structure. He is a good defender and shooter, "says Christoph Roquette, sports director of the Wedeler team. El Domiaty should go first. "His experience from the BBL and the Pro A will help our team," he says.

For several years, El Domiaty was active with a dual license in Braunschweig, as a service provider of the Cuxhaven BasCats followed by the switch to first division Eisbären Bremerhaven, where he ran from 2012 on regularly for the Bundesliga team. In the season 2014/15, the 1.87 meter
              actor for the polar bears averaged
              12:23 minutes on the field and
              scored an average of 3.3 points per game scored.

For the Dresden Titans the Neu-Wedeler played in the Pro A (2016/17) and won in the past series with the SC Langenhagen the title of the 2nd Regionalliga North-West. El Domiaty scored 14.4 points per match for the Lower Saxony and was one of the best shooters of his team with 21 three in nine matches. In early August, the basketball player encounters his new teammates.

https://www.abendblatt.de/region/pin...t-SC-Rist.html

Comment

From Egypt to Oregon, he’s making an impact

LOUISVILLE, KY.—Ehab Amin believes his unusual journey to the NCAA Tournament that has taken him from his home in Egypt to Wisconsin, Texas and now Oregon has been worth every second.

The guard chose basketball over soccer for the chance to play some day in the tournament. He is fully embracing the moment.

“And it finally happened,” Amin said Wednesday. “It happened my senior year.”

Actually, Amin made his NCAA Tournament debut in his fifth college season and has helped No. 12 seed Oregon (25-12) reach the Sweet 16 in his lone year with the Ducks.

It has been an unusual trek.

Amin’s parents put him in every sport as a child including swimming, handball, volleyball, basketball and soccer.

He stuck with basketball, playing with clubs and three years with the Egyptian National Team.

Amin was named the best shooter under 16 in Africa in 2011 when he also was MVP of the under-16 African championship in 2011 and again in 2012 for under-16.

With long-distance interest from Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Amin decided it was time to see if he could be better and headed to the United States.

First, he arrived in Wisconsin to spend his senior year of high school at St. John’s Military Academy to work on his grades and prepare for college. An injury kept him from playing that season.

Comment

Mohamed Bendary - NJIT-NCAA - USA

Senior Mohamed Bendary provided consistency off the bench throughout the 2018-19 season.

The forward started eight games this season and led the team in field goal percentage (61.9%).

Bendary shined against Drexel, which featured 12 points and four blocks (both career-highs), as well as NJIT's final game at Jacksonville with eight points,

six rebounds and a team-high +16 plus/minus in a must-win game for the Highlanders.

The senior played 128 games for the in his four-year career, finishing with an astonishingly efficient 65.1% field goal percentage.

https://www.njithighlanders.com/news...19-season.aspx

Comment

Interview: Ehab Amin speaks on recent March Madness run and his future

After finishing his final season of college basketball, Ehab Amin spoke with Malek Shafei of KingFut to discuss his career and what his future holds.
                    Malek Shafei: Growing up, how was life in Egypt?
                    Ehab Amin: Basketball and sports was everything for me and my family. I started playing basketball when I was six years old and I began playing for Alexandria Sporting Club. I began playing for the National Team when I was 14. We won Gold at the 2011 U16 AfroCup and I won MVP. I also played for the U18’s next year and won bronze. It was the latter tournament that pushed me to take basketball seriously and move to the United States. I was selected Africa U18 MVP that year as well.

MS: How was adjusting to life in the US?
                    EA: I moved to the US when I was 17 and played my senior year in Wisconsin. There were a lot of changes in the style of play compared to what I was used to back home. The basketball language was extremely different, also. I broke my back and missed the season, which was very hard. I ended up getting a scholarship offer to go to Texas A&M–Corpus Christi. I’m grateful everything worked out at the end.

MS: Who were your role models growing up?
                    EA: My older brother and father. My father is a professor of surgery and he would get up at 5:30 every morning because he loved what he did and believed in it. It made me want to work harder for what I want.

MS: You really seemed to blossom in your junior season, having a breakout season and earned Southland All-Defensive Team, first-team All-Southland, NABC all-region, and mid-major All-American honors. What do you credit your development to?
                    EA: I definitely have to give credit to my coaches and teammates. The summer after my sophomore year I wasn’t really pleased with where I was at as a player. I worked really hard that summer, always staying in the gym to improve on my game. I also have to thank my teammate for three years Rashawn Thomas who really helped me add stuff to my game and train professionally.

MS: Oregon reached the Sweet Sixteen during the recent March Madness run, how was the tournament experience?
                    EA: This was my first time playing in the tournament. Coming to the United States, I had a vision of playing at a big time program in the tournament and it was great to achieve that goal. I came really close all three years at Texas A&M to making the tournament but we were never able to. One of the main reasons I transferred to Oregon was because I wanted to play in the tournament.

MS: You were the subject of a lot of attention after you did what many would call a flop against Virginia. Do you have any comments on what happened?
                    EA: It was a really physical game. Virginia are a really good team and from the jump we were trash talking. We [Diakite] got close together, and I felt him headbutt me so I sold it a bit to try to get the tech. The refs reviewed it and gave both of us techs.

MS: You have represented the Egyptian National Team at youth and senior levels. How was your time with the team? And do you look to continue playing with them post-college?
                    EA: I’ve been playing for the national team since I was 14. It’s the biggest honor to represent my country. I hope to help the team qualify for the upcoming World Cup and Olympics.

MS: Unfortunately your college basketball career is now over. What’s next for you? Will you pursue a pro career or move away from basketball after you graduate?
                    EA: It’s really hard to get drafted as a fifth year senior. So i’m going to try my hardest and try to play in the Summer League. I’ll probably sign an agent in the coming weeks and we’ll see what comes next.

Quickfire Round:

Who is your favorite basketball player?
                    Manu Ginobili

Who is your favorite Egyptian athlete?
                    Mohamed Salah

Which football club do you support?
                    I’m an Arsenal fan but I support Liverpool also because of Salah. Sometimes I wake up early to catch Liverpool games.

Ahlawy or Zamalkawy?
                    Zamalkawy

https://www.kingfut.com/2019/04/10/ehab-amin-interview/

Comment

Juan Antonio Orenga the best egiptian national coach that ever been.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information