21/02 Iran 89 Japan 97
    24/02 Iran 85 Australia 74

FIBA World Cup

31/08 Iran 81 Puerto Rico 83
    02/09 Iran 67 Tunisia 79
    04/09 Iran 65 Spain 73
    06/09 Iran 71 Angola 62
    08/09 Iran 95 Philippines 75
    Last edited by Kings; 09-08-2019, 03:23 PM.

Preliminary list for the World Cup. invited to the camp by coach Shahintab

no sign of solving problems. still no Arsalan Kazemi ! no guarantee if Haddadi or Samad wants to play for the NT.

1. Rouzbeh Arghavan
    2. Mohammad Jamshidi
    3. Hamed Haddadi
    4. Mohammad Hassanzadeh
    5. Hamed Hosseinzadeh
    6. Mike Rostampour
    7. Navid Rezaeifar
    8. Keivan Riaei
    9. Arman Zangeneh
    10. Amir Sedighi
    11. Aron Geramipour
    12. Behshad Arabzadeh
    13. Sajjad Mashayekhi
    14. Rasoul Mozaffari
    15. Meisam Mirzaei
    16. Navid Niktash
    17. Samad Nikkhah Bahrami
    18. Sina Vahedi
    19. Behnam Yakhchali

Comment

Guys, is Hamed Hadadi already practicing with the Iran National team bound for the 2019 FIBA World Cup? How about Samad Bahrami?
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Guys, is Hamed Hadadi already practicing with the Iran National team bound for the 2019 FIBA World Cup? How about Samad Bahrami?
        yeah all players in the list attended the camp and they are still training, including Geramipour who finally solved his paperwork issue of entering/exiting Iran. at least for now they decided to put their differences aside.

Iran will have 11 preparation games before the World Cup, 3 of them in China right before the World Cup against Nigeria, Montenegro and Poland. beside that they will play 8 games in Europe, it will be against Denmark, Slovakia, Jordan, Russia, Greece and Portugal (and I forgot the other 2 lol)

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
          yeah all players in the list attended the camp and they are still training, including Geramipour who finally solved his paperwork issue of entering/exiting Iran. at least for now they decided to put their differences aside.

Iran will have 11 preparation games before the World Cup, 3 of them in China right before the World Cup against Nigeria, Montenegro and Poland. beside that they will play 8 games in Europe, it will be against Denmark, Slovakia, Jordan, Russia, Greece and Portugal (and I forgot the other 2 lol)
          local or tagged as naturalized?
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
            local or tagged as naturalized?
            don't know. but if I'm not wrong I remember I read somewhere that from Rostampour and Geramipour one of them has to play as naturalized player while the other one has no problem being "local". and again if I'm not wrong it was Rostampour who had to play as naturalized player, but I might be wrong. there is no official statement about that.

Comment

That's a very good preparation for the Iran National team. You will have enough preparation/tune-up games for the World Cup & the quality of the teams you are tuning-up with are good. This would be perhaps Samad Bahrami's last stint with the National team.

Thanks for the reply bro & good luck to Iran.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

12 players for the European trip, first in Portugal against host team, Slovakia and Denmark

I believe this will be the final 12 squad as well, of course injuries are always possible

PG: Sajjad Mashayekhi, Hamed Hosseinzadeh, Rasoul Mozaffari
                SG: Behnam Yakhchali
                SF: Mohammad Jamshidi, Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami
                PF: Mike Rostampour, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Arman Zangeneh
                C: Hamed Haddadi, Aaron Geramipour, Meisam Mirzaei

Comment

Iran won 5 out of 5 so far in preparation games in Europe. while beating teams like Slovakia, Denmark, Portugal and Jordan are nothing special but they beat Russia today which was an interesting result. Hamed Haddadi and Behnam Yakhchali played key role here. specially Yakhchali with a decisive 3 pointer in the last minute

here is the boxscore in Russian of course

of course this is just a preparation game and Russia will be much stronger than this in China but maybe Iran is not the weakest team of the World Cup after all LOL that was one of the rare occasions when Iran won a game by good offense and not good defense.

Comment

I saw the game. Tight rotation, great spacing and Haddadi. By the way he looked fresh, happy and motivated. Yakhchali started at point. I really liked your team.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
                      I saw the game. Tight rotation, great spacing and Haddadi. By the way he looked fresh, happy and motivated. Yakhchali started at point. I really liked your team.
                      thanks for the input. yeah Haddadi played like his prime days. not just him, the whole team looked motivated. there is no pressure on the team this time. everybody thinks this team is crap. based on very poor performance during the qualifiers. and also because of the problems inside the team which it seems they decided to put aside for the World Cup.

I still prefer to have very low expectations Olympic qualification still looks almost impossible with China being in such an easy group.

Comment

12 players for the European trip, first in Portugal against host team, Slovakia and Denmark

I believe this will be the final 12 squad as well, of course injuries are always possible

PG: Sajjad Mashayekhi, Hamed Hosseinzadeh, Rasoul Mozaffari
                        SG: Behnam Yakhchali
                        SF: Mohammad Jamshidi, Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami
                        PF: Mike Rostampour, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Arman Zangeneh
                        C: Hamed Haddadi, Aaron Geramipour, Meisam Mirzaei
                        They announced the final squad. exactly the same 12 players.

Comment

only few days left before the World Cup, Iran team is in China for few more games, today they beat Nigeria 85-71 in a behind closed door game.

and from tomorrow they will participate in PEAK tournament with Montenegro, Nigeria and Poland. the first game is Montenegro. and final / 3rd place game will be on Sunday.

Comment

Montenegro 89 - 77 Iran
                            the last preparation game will be on Sunday. Poland or Nigeria.

Comment

Congrats mohsena and Iran for making it to the Olympics...
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information