No announcement yet.

2019 FIBA World Cup Draw [Shenzhen, China, Mar 16]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Mojo13. Thanks for info I was unaware of Triano’s status. Yeah I think it’s time for a change.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

@ Straight Forward. Kalnietis and Seibutis are gonna be 33 and 34 years old during the tournament.
      That has to be worrisome.

Corey Joseph is no stranger to FIBA tournaments and has played well. You are definitely underrating the scoring ability of Jamal Murray. He is one of those players whose talent can translate on any level.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
        @ Straight Forward. Kalnietis and Seibutis are gonna be 33 and 34 years old during the tournament.
        That has to be worrisome.

Corey Joseph is no stranger to FIBA tournaments and has played well. You are definitely underrating the scoring ability of Jamal Murray. He is one of those players whose talent can translate on any level.
        The only worrisome thing is that our coach is weak and inexperienced. He might very well overuse both these veterans at the group stage to reduce out chances in the PO. Other than that both should be fine with adequate rotation and they will be super useful in PO. Gutsy, fairless veteran (not a washed out veteran) leadership.

FIBA tournaments...which ones? I mean Canada is yet to play a real deal knock out stage game in their life right? I'm not counting FIBA America as real deal tournament. USA (with some kind of roster) and washed out Brazil, Argentina. It will be different here. This WC is probably first b/-A FIBA tournament Canada ever will play. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know Murray drops 18pts in NBA for an elite club, but it surely won't be easy against elite FIBA teams. We'll see.
        Last edited by Straight forward; 03-15-2019, 06:02 PM.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Obviously China is a poor #1 seed but in my opinion, Argentina is weak, Greece without Giannis (a serious possibility) is weak, and Lithuania is a serious cut below France, Spain, Serbia and the USA. So if teams like Canada and Australia(if they are not grouped together) send their best possible players they are de facto #1 seed quality teams.
          Well, Argentina is not what they used to be, but they are not weak. Old Scola still has a good level, Campazzo is one of the best PG in the Euroleague, Laprovittola is at the moment ACB's MVP, or Deck, who is playing valuable time at RM. Not Ginobili, Nocioni, Herrmann or Oberto, but still a QF team for me.

Comment

Cory Joseph was good against France, Turkey and New Zealand in 2016 Olympic qualifying tournament. And there he had to carry both playmaking and scoring responsibilities. He most likely won’t have such a burden this time around.

Comment

Cory Joseph was good against France, Turkey and New Zealand in 2016 Olympic qualifying tournament. And there he had to carry both playmaking and scoring responsibilities. He most likely won’t have such a burden this time around.
              I'm not saying Canada will suck. That's a heck of a names and I know you, and specially mojo can field plenty of other impressive names. Actually I would be looking at Pangos (but again, no way Pangos is at the level of Calathes, no way). Joseph is terrific NBA role player who used to feed Valanciunas in Raptors and now feeding Sabonis even better in Pacers. He is pretty good fit for FIBA. But exactly we talk about qualification, even if Olympic qualification tournament, or Fiba America-cup, those are not the same as to actually play in WC and Olympics. This will be a real test finally.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                Well, Argentina is not what they used to be, but they are not weak. Old Scola still has a good level, Campazzo is one of the best PG in the Euroleague, Laprovittola is at the moment ACB's MVP, or Deck, who is playing valuable time at RM. Not Ginobili, Nocioni, Herrmann or Oberto, but still a QF team for me.
                Yeah they have some good players but I was comparing them to the other top seeds Serbia, Spain, France and USA. And I think in comparison they are weak.

Comment

there seems to be pages and pages of discussion from yesterday missing on multiple World Cup threads (at least from my perspective).

Is this a normal thing here? Why would all that lively discussion and good content be removed? It this site run by FIBA?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                    there seems to be pages and pages of discussion from yesterday missing on multiple World Cup threads (at least from my perspective).

Is this a normal thing here? Why would all that lively discussion and good content be removed? It this site run by FIBA?
                    There’ve clearly been ongoing technical issues with the site so I doubt it was intentional. There isn’t enough activity around here in general so it’s disappointing to see it ruined by such problems. Hope they get it figured out for good soon.

Comment

Technical issues! Please stand by...

Comment

@straightforward

So, it is not so easy to score at the highest fiba level like in the NBA? You live in a phantasy world. Please, would you explain to everybody out here why the player that is playing in el changing to the NBA is losing 13 % in his shooting percentage? That is established over the last 18 years and the the truth high fiba level is shit in comparison to the league.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoop View Post
                          @straightforward

So, it is not so easy to score at the highest fiba level like in the NBA? You live in a phantasy world. Please, would you explain to everybody out here why the player that is playing in el changing to the NBA is losing 13 % in his shooting percentage? That is established over the last 18 years and the the truth high fiba level is shit in comparison to the league.
                          FOA, if you want to be treated as serious poster you don't write "you live in phantasy world" specially with mistake in fantasy word. It's the same as to say "hello, I'm trash, but please discuss with me". Let it be a lesson for you. Second, it's not that simple. Europeans who go to NBA very often suffer due to lack of NBA culture knowledge, alien environment, different type of basketball, inconvenient role, unadjusted physicality. Also, in Euroleague there's plenty of much more disciplined teams and different basketball which are tolerating only "real shots" and "outworked shots", players are going for high % shots and shoot less. In NBA there much more freedom, much more shots and much more ISO action which leads to lower % shots. Also USA basketball players stats, specially in 00's would show that their % g down in FIBA games, specially in 2000- 2006 period. We need data here, but I'm pretty sure. Now NBA learned how to shoot, there was a transition in terms of a style and trend. Yet if we look at USA 2016 players, some players increased their shooting % some decreased playing in Olympics, it's not so one sided. Besides, most of them are NBA superstars.
                          Lastly, I am advocating the arguments that Fiba courts are tighter and there's no three second defensive rule in FIBA, thus scoring at FIBA, specially playing against smart and elite European teams might be tougher. Besides, go and tell Doncic to stop living in a fantasy world. Here's his words:

“Here [in the NBA] its easier to score compared to Europe, of course. In Europe, the court is smaller and here there is the three seconds rule. I think it’s easier to score here.”

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            FOA, if you want to be treated as serious poster you don't write "you live in phantasy world" specially with mistake in fantasy word. It's the same as to say "hello, I'm trash, but please discuss with me". Let it be a lesson for you. Second, it's not that simple. Europeans who go to NBA very often suffer due to lack of NBA culture knowledge, alien environment, different type of basketball, inconvenient role, unadjusted physicality. Also, in Euroleague there's plenty of much more disciplined teams and different basketball which are tolerating only "real shots" and "outworked shots", players are going for high % shots and shoot less. In NBA there much more freedom, much more shots and much more ISO action which leads to lower % shots. Also USA basketball players stats, specially in 00's would show that their % g down in FIBA games, specially in 2000- 2006 period. We need data here, but I'm pretty sure. Now NBA learned how to shoot, there was a transition in terms of a style and trend. Yet if we look at USA 2016 players, some players increased their shooting % some decreased playing in Olympics, it's not so one sided. Besides, most of them are NBA superstars.
                            Lastly, I am advocating the arguments that Fiba courts are tighter and there's no three second defensive rule in FIBA, thus scoring at FIBA, specially playing against smart and elite European teams might be tougher. Besides, go and tell Doncic to stop living in a fantasy world. Here's his words:

“Here [in the NBA] its easier to score compared to Europe, of course. In Europe, the court is smaller and here there is the three seconds rule. I think it’s easier to score here.”
                            It is easier to score in the NBA if you are a talented and able scorer like Doncic. Especially if you are playing for a team like Real Madrid. It's very hard to score 20+ points on average for a talented team like Real Madrid. It's also very hard to score 20+ ponts on average for a top international team.
                            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

The fact that the games are shorter in Fiba by 8 minutes should be considered as well. Averaging 18 points in the Nba is proportional to averaging 15 in a Fiba game.

Comment

The fact that the games are shorter in Fiba by 8 minutes should be considered as well. Averaging 18 points in the Nba is proportional to averaging 15 in a Fiba game.
                                That plus the distribution of talent on a European team is more equal than on an NBA team, since the top end players are in the NBA and there's no salary cap or draft preventing teams from stockpiling talent. So the playing time is shared more evenly and the usage is more even between the players on the floor.
                                Originally posted by Fedfan
                                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                                Originally posted by GuTO
                                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information