No announcement yet.

Rhenz Abando Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sana swertehin yun bata agad, allein maliksi has gone through bad luck before getting that break and because of that he might not get that breakout in gilas anymore... The earlier he got to gilas cadet or senior the better
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

This guy and San Beda's CJ Oftana should be considered for the cadets.Probably teach them to become shooting guards or even playing the point occasionally.If guys like CJ Perez and Calvin Abueva were as tall as these guys (6'5-6'6), they will be probably a different level of beasts in the PBA right now.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
        Sana swertehin yun bata agad, allein maliksi has gone through bad luck before getting that break and because of that he might not get that breakout in gilas anymore... The earlier he got to gilas cadet or senior the better
        how many playing years will he have for UAAP? i do hope he can play for the SEA Games team this year.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          how many playing years will he have for UAAP? i do hope he can play for the SEA Games team this year.
          A Thirdy-Rivero-Abando-Paras wing rotation will give the opposition a hard time
          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
            A Thirdy-Rivero-Abando-Paras wing rotation will give the opposition a hard time
            Actually , may Bravo pa. I hope they give that young buck some burn as well. Kid’s got talent and a true hooper’s instincts...he deserves a bigger stage and the better training and exposure that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
              Correct. This is what I've been pointing out all these years. That our young players should be exposed to "quality" international tournaments as early as possible. I emphasized the word quality becoz I think tourneys like SEA Games or SEABA are low level. It would be very beneficial for our National team potential players to play in international tourneys when they are as young as 19 to 23 years old.

Take the case of Allein Maliksi, he got to play for the National team when he was already on his late 20's & he hardly made any impact. I think things would have been different had Maliksi played international basketball as early as in his early 20's.

I strongly believe that our future national team players should get their feet wet as early as possible.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

He just turned 20 this year same age as Luka Doncic. I hope he and CJ Cansino form a solid duo.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
                  He just turned 20 this year same age as Luka Doncic. I hope he and CJ Cansino form a solid duo.
                  Too bad that Cansino suffered an ACL tear (or was it an ACL tear?) in his rookie year with UST. Cansino was doing well with UST prior to that injury. I hope he recovers fast & the injury doesn't affect his development.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

This guy should apply for next year's PBA Draft.

Comment

Abando should be the kind of PG for the pinoy nt. He has the natural smarts to be at the right place and time, which is proof he can read the offense and defense gaps well. This kid is really good; the ust coach should test him as the lockdown for the PGs in opposing teams, and require him to consistently produce 7 assists per game. It will help the kid become a national player.

Comment

Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                        Abando should be the kind of PG for the pinoy nt. He has the natural smarts to be at the right place and time, which is proof he can read the offense and defense gaps well. This kid is really good; the ust coach should test him as the lockdown for the PGs in opposing teams, and require him to consistently produce 7 assists per game. It will help the kid become a national player.
                        He seems like a natural SG to me. A 6’4 klay thompson type player is what we need

Comment

Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                          He seems like a natural SG to me. A 6’4 klay thompson type player is what we need
                          agreed.with the right amount of speed and athleticism to play the position.What if he starts to rebound like Scottie Thompson, he's going to be a good player if not a very good player in the pros.I just hope he'll continue to develop and earn more stripes. Chooks needs to take care of this kid,probably provide him 1on 1 skills sessions to further improve on his shooting,dribbling and attacking skills.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            agreed.with the right amount of speed and athleticism to play the position.What if he starts to rebound like Scottie Thompson, he's going to be a good player if not a very good player in the pros.I just hope he'll continue to develop and earn more stripes.
                            He has great defense too, not backing down from anyone

Comment

How old is Rhenz? College transfer or high school graduate? Any articles about hin? Dude looks like “The popular player in your barangay”, “All start type player in summer leagues or palaro”

Comment

Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                                How old is Rhenz? College transfer or high school graduate? Any articles about hin? Dude looks like “The popular player in your barangay”, “All start type player in summer leagues or palaro”
                                20 y/o. not sure if transfer or not. Definitely more than the popular kid in your typical barangay though lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information