Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Rhenz Abando Thread. The High flyer from UST.

  1. #1
    Senior Member PaulLee3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    690
    Country: Philippines

    Default Rhenz Abando Thread. The High flyer from UST.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9K13UZmv8

    He is a future candidate for the 2023 Philippines Team. He is a 6'4" player a very good shot blocker, decent shooter, and dunker. He might be the next Gabe Norwood



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,344
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9K13UZmv8

    He is a future candidate for the 2023 Philippines Team. He is a 6'4" player a very good shot blocker, decent shooter, and dunker. He might be the next Gabe Norwood


    This kid has potential. When you outplay Thirdy you're probably good. But he's probably 6'3. A bit taller than Thirdy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    If you watch the YouTube of the Pampanga high School basketball team who by the way just won the 2019 CLRAA meet, you will see there are at least 3 cabalen players doing 360,tomahawk and windmill dunks...is anybody here watch the championship and has video to share

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    963
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onggok View Post
    If you watch the YouTube of the Pampanga high School basketball team who by the way just won the 2019 CLRAA meet, you will see there are at least 3 cabalen players doing 360,tomahawk and windmill dunks...is anybody here watch the championship and has video to share
    I’ve actually noticed there’s some athletic talent in the provinces. I remember seeing footage of Mark Nonoys teammates doing off the backboard dunks.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    23
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    This kid has potential. When you outplay Thirdy you're probably good. But he's probably 6'3. A bit taller than Thirdy.
    isnt thirdy 6'3?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Rhenz has been discussed in the "Future SF to Replace Norwood Thread". and according to some posters, the guy is 100% legit, in spite of the unnecessary "h" in "Rhenz"

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    497
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    isnt thirdy 6'3?
    I've seen him listed 6'2" and 6'3". Likely closer to 6'2". So Rhenz could be 6'3"-6'4". But honestly what's a couple inches right?
    So far it seems he's our closest to being that true wing defender. I'd prefer a 6'6"+ type so they could cover taller SF's that are nowadays 6'8"-6'9" a lil easier but hey he looks good out there!

  8. #8
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Let's hope he'll turn out to be a better basketball player than Kobe

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    356
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    He moves like paul alvarez

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,601
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    I've seen him listed 6'2" and 6'3". Likely closer to 6'2". So Rhenz could be 6'3"-6'4". But honestly what's a couple inches right?
    So far it seems he's our closest to being that true wing defender. I'd prefer a 6'6"+ type so they could cover taller SF's that are nowadays 6'8"-6'9" a lil easier but hey he looks good out there!
    It matters bro.

    Just think of a 2-inch taller version of Calvin Abueva, or a 2-inch taller version of Troy Rosario. I think it has some significant difference
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,601
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Looks promising. What is his age?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  12. #12
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,081
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    damn! the kid is good. can he play for U19?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    damn! the kid is good. can he play for U19?
    I doubt he'll make the age cut. He's a third-year transfer.
    Keep running, big boy.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    hoping he'll become a 6'5-6'6 Kenneth Duremdes in the future.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    23
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    i would prefer thirdy playing the 1 or 2 tbh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •