Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pre-World Cup friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    Watching USA-AUS. Did Lamelo Ball just said that NBL is the second league after NBA lmao?
    He did, sounded retarded. But that's his father's brainwash all the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Some of aussie bench players look like they don't belong to compete on this level unfortunately. The main guys are also getting up there in age and it's showing on the court. US are playing their usual perimeter based jumpshooting game, trying to overwhelm opponents with their superior backcourt talent alone... In other words, nothing new under the FIBA sun it seems

Goulding can shoot. To me, he and Jocke is that fresh power fire for Aussies. Bogut still has great passing, playing much like Jokic, except that he won't score much himself. Baynes can nail a three, so that complicates D for such player like JV for example who can't really step out, but Baynes is not a good passer. Mills just an inch less explosive, but still great. Delly still tough, Ingles is Ingles. To me, this team is a bit worse (not so deep and Bogut declined) than 2016, but not much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

51,218 people attending a game in which they knew they would have a terrible view. Refunds were even offered after the US pullouts. That's just an amazing attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    51,218 people attending a game in which they knew they would have a terrible view. Refunds were even offered after the US pullouts. That's just an amazing attendance.
    Is this some sort of a record for a basketball game? It must be in Top 5 most attended games for sure

Good game. USA is a good team. The try to control the glass, in order to put pressure to the opponents. They play good defence, too. To my eyes they remain the favourite.

The Aussies lack depth in their roster. Six players plus a decent Goulding. The others can't help, they might won't do in the tournament. Coach Lemanis should realise sooner than later the mistake he made with Motum/Kay case. As i mentioned before the biggest lose for Australia is not Simmons nor Bolden. It's the absence of Broekhoff (3 and D) and the retirement of Andersen. Especially Andersen lose hurts a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    Good game. USA is a good team. The try to control the glass, in order to put pressure to the opponents. They play good defence, too. To my eyes they remain the favourite.

The Aussies lack depth in their roster. Six players plus a decent Goulding. The others can't help, they might won't do in the tournament. Coach Lemanis should realise sooner than later the mistake he made with Motum/Kay case. As i mentioned before the biggest lose for Australia is not Simmons nor Bolden. It's the absence of Broekhoff (3 and D) and the retirement of Andersen. Especially Andersen lose hurts a bit.
    i think they still brad newley. where is he?
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Default USA vs Australia ● Full Game Highlights ● 2019 FIBA World Cup Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    i think they still brad newley. where is he?
    he's never been anything more than just decent

Solid exhibition, like a lot of games against Australia, it was close early before the US depth and quality allowed them to win comfortably. Provided we can continue to improve through the rematch with Australia and game against Canada I'll be fairly comfortable going into the tournament.

(btw any reason this has been moved to the Euroleague forum?)
    Last edited by Dtown; 08-22-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    (btw any reason this has been moved to the Euroleague forum?)
    Yeah WTF?

Good showing by the US in a high-pressure game, encouraging to see them cut out the bad turnovers from the Spain game. Walker stepped it up in the second half but not sure I like seeing him take 22 shots in 26 minutes. Turner was really good. Based on the playing time White looks like the likely cut, Lopez didn't play much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

This US-Team will destroy especially with elite rebounding. Turner grabbed 13 Rebounds in 17 minutes or so. USA maybe doesnt have the top 2 player in the tournament (Giannis and Jokic) but the then they have 12 best out of 20 and its a complete team. It has bigs, wings, guards enough deepness and similar to 2008 its a real team. Still no 1 title contender for me.

Nigerian team account tweeted that they lost to Iran in Yangzhou today, no score or further details given. Poland and Montenegro are also supposed to be in this tournament.
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Nigerian team account tweeted that they lost to Iran in Yangzhou today, no score or further details given. Poland and Montenegro are also supposed to be in this tournament.
    At the very least it looks like Nigeria's funding issues aren't enough to stop them from competing.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    the score is 85-71, not sure if this game was a part of that tournament.

but Nigeria will play Poland in Saturday in PEAK tournament semifinal, (Iran vs Montenegro tomorrow)

People not happy with the poor view from the expensive seats in Melbourne:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...icism/11440348

greece is probably the team that can follow USA's pace most but they are far more skilled so a game between these 2 teams will probably end up 120-95 or something like that for the americans. of course european teams will not allow calathes and antetokunbo run the floor that much and greece will be stuck in set game and late possesions. and then the lack of shooting abilities will make the difference. plus giannis playstyle will earn him a lot of fouls but a lot of offensive fouls,travelling and turnovers as well. right now in preparation games our best shooter is calathes. that sums up everything about greek shooting ability
    Last edited by saras; 08-23-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Any link for Serbia-Italy?

Interesting game between Serbia and Italy and two totally different parts of the game. Or let's say one different 1/4. Italy has some solid defensive potential, they are rotating well, their double teams have sense, they close out solidly. But in the end they live and die with the shot and I don't think that they have the potential to beat us at the World Cup. Serbia played awful 15 last minutes but at least we saw what we cannot use at the World Cup. Unsurprisingly lineups like Jovic - Guduric - Simonovic - Bircevic - Raduljica. Jokic isn't used good at the moment. Hope Djordjevic is hiding cards otherwise I'd be very disappointed.

The whole Nuggets offense works around Jokić dispensing the ball and everyone else moving around and cutting. Didn't see that with Serbia in the last quarter (the one I got to see), so yes, they're not utilizing Jokić the way he's used to doing and maximizing his potential. I'm not sure if Italy's defense was just that good in the last 5 minutes or the Serbian team was uninspired on offense. Probably a bit of both

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast