Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 26

  1. #81
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,047
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Well, it seems that the (obvious for some) improvement of Pana has nothing to do with "weak" opponents.
    Bad thing, I changed my prediction in the game. Infidels should suffer, I deserve it
    Ha, I guess my scepticism has affected you RIP
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    793
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I was the first who predicted pao's win but I took it back.
    Hahaha, that doesn't count man, sorry

  3. #83
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,139
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Ha, I guess my scepticism has affected you RIP
    It was the pressure of the public opinion primarily. And tactics about the game.
    And you off course
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    While I was not super in favor about hiring Pitino and most certainly not in favor of extending his contract, I have to admit that I have started changing my mind seeing how the team has improved. He plays a style of basketball that fits the team, gets a lot out of each individual players and has helped a lot with the development of Papagiannis.

    This last thing is crucially important as with Calathes, Papagiannis, Papapetrou, Mitoglou we can have a strong greek core of young players.
    A positive sign for the future is that he’s doing well without his type of players. Pitino has put a premium on three point shooters for over 30 years before any coach ever. If he gets a couple of shooters next year PAO can be elite.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,139
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Hahaha, that doesn't count man, sorry
    The statement came from shame and not pride
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    976
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Damn..missed my prediction by 1 point.

    Actually I think I'm the only one that predicted we will win
    me too. i said we will win by 7 though
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

  7. #87
    Senior Member EverGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Republic of Panathinaikos
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I was the first who predicted pao's win but I took it back.
    Gotta have faith, baby!!!

    We're a different team with Pitino. He gets 100% from everyone. He's actually made Papagiannis look like a basketball player. He's converted Papapetrou as a point forward. Deshawn is actually a very good player etc. Even Gist is getting back to his former self. If Kilpatrick can finally hit his straps we will mean serious business.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

    Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

    Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

    When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    793
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    It was the pressure of the public opinion primarily. And tactics about the game.
    And you off course
    In the Basketstories prediction game, I put CSKA as my double points too

  9. #89
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    4,491
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    me too. i said we will win by 7 though
    You don’t count, because Pao is always a favorite in your eyes.
    previously known as Beno

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    793
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    A positive sign for the future is that he’s doing well without his type of players. Pitino has put a premium on three point shooters for over 30 years before any coach ever. If he gets a couple of shooters next year PAO can be elite.
    To be honest though, every basketball fan has been yelling for the past x years that in order for Calathes to shine, he needs shooters alongside with him. I don't think that it's a coaching masterplan

  11. #91
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,139
    Country: Greece

    Default

    At last, a smile appeared on the sad faces of pao fans
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    To be honest though, every basketball fan has been yelling for the past x years that in order for Calathes to shine, he needs shooters alongside with him. I don't think that it's a coaching masterplan
    Yeah no doubt it appears the team has been poorly constructed in those regards for a while. It just seems weird watching a Pitino team that can’t hit 3’s. Louisville, Kentucky, Providence, the Knicks that and pressure defense has always been his calling card.

  13. #93
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    6,780
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Gotta have faith, baby!!!

    We're a different team with Pitino. He gets 100% from everyone. He's actually made Papagiannis look like a basketball player. He's converted Papapetrou as a point forward. Deshawn is actually a very good player etc. Even Gist is getting back to his former self. If Kilpatrick can finally hit his straps we will mean serious business.
    that is the most surprising to me .
    the 3 he made at 71-74 was big (also the 2+1 right before that). he looked at Papapetrou, who was open, thought about passing, then said fuck it i never pass, and buried it!
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  14. #94
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,047
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Tune in to our game guys, it will also go down to the wire. I guess Pesic had the perfect game plan = removing himself from it
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    that is the most surprising to me .
    the 3 he made at 71-74 was big (also the 2+1 right before that). he looked at Papapetrou, who was open, thought about passing, then said fuck it i never pass, and buried it!
    Ha, yes. He seemed really composed as well.

  16. #96
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    4,491
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Tune in to our game guys, it will also go down to the wire. I guess Pesic had the perfect game plan = removing himself from it
    Playing against Heurtel makes you a favourite every time.
    previously known as Beno

  17. #97
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,139
    Country: Greece

    Default

    It seems a bunch of posts have vanished. Was it on purpose?
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    326
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gershon Temerov View Post
    Khimki - Madrid 38-62
    Zalgris - Munich 56-44
    Maccabi - Efes 55-45
    Milan - Olympiacos 45-55
    Canaria - Daçka : 57-43
    CSKA - Pana 60-40
    Fener - Barça 48-52
    Baskonia - Buducnost 70-30
    4 out of 8 not bad at all

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •