Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FIBA World Cup - General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.
    Why? He's the least player in the world that I would doubt his motor to be honest

The scary thing is that even such lumberjacks as say Baynes, Valanciunas or even Gobert can't stop him generally. The walls will be great in front of him, but he will climb over those very often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgC1bTqsvc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Be careful that giannis doesnt exploit you on the other hand starting with the question if Kostas stays on the roster or not. The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.
    I bet he'll play with full effort. His last participation with the NT was (among other things) a personal failure for him and I'm sure he wants to redeem himself, even just for pure selfish reasons.

Well see, well see.

Well see, well see.
    You seem to be somewhat suspicious, biased, annoyed, ironic (to mention just some facets of your negativity) towards Giannis. What exactly is bothering you?

Be careful that giannis doesnt exploit you on the other hand starting with the question if Kostas stays on the roster or not. The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.
    Giannis playing half-assed is still a better player than about 95% of other players of contender countries so there's that... Though I don't know why you think Giannis would take it easy
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    You seem to be somewhat suspicious, biased, annoyed, ironic (to mention just some facets of your negativity) towards Giannis. What exactly is bothering you?
    Nothing is bothering me. I am just writing down my opinion as you do. After 20 years of watching, playing and coaching basketball I think i understand a bit about this sport and i am indeed suspicious about the translation of his game in international basketball.

It might bother you to read my comments but you cant blame me for that like i dont blame you for hyping him. Lets see how it comes at the end. I am curious myself.

Nothing is bothering me. I am just writing down my opinion as you do. After 20 years of watching, playing and coaching basketball I think i understand a bit about this sport and i am indeed suspicious about the translation of his game in international basketball.

It might bother you to read my comments but you cant blame me for that like i dont blame you for hyping him. Lets see how it comes at the end. I am curious myself.
    Nothing bothers me either. Just curious for your prejudice. Personally, I am glad when many stars participate in the tournaments which I follow -no matter in which team they play. But I am certain that you have your reasons (wink)

Btw your 20 years of watching is not so impressive as you think.

Nothing bothers me either. Just curious for your prejudice. Personally, I am glad when many stars participate in the tournaments which I follow -no matter in which team they play. But I am certain that you have your reasons (wink)

Thats why i am here. To learn from others also from you. Learning never ends and I dont intend to impress anybody here. So no need to start a discussion about that.

Honestly, having Kostas in the NT as a "courtesy" to Giannis doesn't really bother me. There are always those 1-2 players that see minimal playing time, so whatever, it might as well be Kostas
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

is thanasis going to play with greece? that will be doped if we see the antetokoumnpo brothers (giannis, kostas and thanasis) playing in that greek team.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    is thanasis going to play with greece? that will be doped if we see the antetokoumnpo brothers (giannis, kostas and thanasis) playing in that greek team.
    There is a small chance for all three of them playing with GrNT. Imo, the most probable scenario is: Thanasis in and Kostas out.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I'm suprised Giannis signed for this. He plays tons of minutes in NBA and with immense effort at every spot of the court. That's nice. I'm not sure Greece will have this luxury for too long though. 24yo Giannis is still young, but further on I wouldn't bet on him as regular Greek NT member.

I got this idea today that the best for international teams is to have solid/good Eurolegue's players and NBA role players. Australia without Simmons, Canada without Murray, I'm not sure Jokic and specially Giannis will be regular members of their NTs. Good example of a bad example is I guess Slovenia. They had 2 studs, FIBA superstars in Dragic and Doncic, with both of them they could go against any team in the world, but without them they are not much. Or the same Latvia, with Porzingis and without him...Greece is leaning towards that direction as well. With time NBA stars will be pushed harder and harder to skip international tournaments.
    I think Giannis is like the Gasols, Nowitzki, Ginobili, Parker and the like.. He will play for his country in most tournaments.

What to say for Nowitzki, he performed for his country with a poor roster. Amazing man. No wonder he is an athletic symbol in Germany.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

There is a small chance for all three of them playing with GrNT. Imo, the most probable scenario is: Thanasis in and Kostas out.
    Kostas will have to earn his spot. And at this point itcseems to me he is not ready. When he is, he will join.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    I think Giannis is like the Gasols, Nowitzki, Ginobili, Parker and the like.. He will play for his country in most tournaments.

What to say for Nowitzki, he performed for his country with a poor roster. Amazing man. No wonder he is an athletic symbol in Germany.
    Marc Gasol never was on a real beast mode in FIBA, let's not even mention him, he didn't deserve it. I don't care that he was lighting it up in some NBA regular seasons and some post seasons. Giannis I think relies too much on athleticism and that will be the main issue for him to handle FIBA tournaments as well. Now he's a young deer, but later it will be more risky. Dirk, Pau, Manu relied on the skill, while Giannis killing it with ridiculous athleticism. Both we'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gasol won Eurobasket 2015 almost by himself. What are you talking about?

He showed up in the most imminent moment against greece and he defeated France the host all by himself and was always ready to play for Spain. hahahahahhahaa

Gasol won Eurobasket 2015 almost by himself. What are you talking about?

He showed up in the most imminent moment against greece and he defeated France the host all by himself and was always ready to play for Spain. hahahahahhahaa
    Pau won, not Marc, who wasn't even there

Oh right. My bad. Tought he was talking about Pau.

hahahahahhahaa
    Man, if Toruko is coaching not in his dreams and not "internet life", It would be dreadful experience to play for him seriously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Man, if Toruko is coaching not in his dreams and not "internet life", It would be dreadful experience to play for him seriously
    I love you too my dear.

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

if I read stuff like that just from the beginning of preparation it reminds me on very bad things...:
    Greek iconic power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo did not play against Iran since he is suffering from abdominal pain.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/439...against-Greece

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast