This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adon View Post
    Sure. Top-4 would be the better placement for us since 2009 (I think)
    The thing is that top8 is the bare minimum, and top4 would be an awesome finish. So it's really just one game that separates success from disaster
    Although I guess all teams in knock-out games have this "problem".
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
      The thing is that top8 is the bare minimum, and top4 would be an awesome finish. So it's really just one game that separates success from disaster
      Although I guess all teams in knock-out games have this "problem".
      Indeed. And we have a bad history in such games. Let's hope this time we have what we missed all those years. A true leader who can carry the team when things seem to go south.

Comment

I'm suprised Giannis signed for this. He plays tons of minutes in NBA and with immense effort at every spot of the court. That's nice. I'm not sure Greece will have this luxury for too long though. 24yo Giannis is still young, but further on I wouldn't bet on him as regular Greek NT member.

I got this idea today that the best for international teams is to have solid/good Eurolegue's players and NBA role players. Australia without Simmons, Canada without Murray, I'm not sure Jokic and specially Giannis will be regular members of their NTs. Good example of a bad example is I guess Slovenia. They had 2 studs, FIBA superstars in Dragic and Doncic, with both of them they could go against any team in the world, but without them they are not much. Or the same Latvia, with Porzingis and without him...Greece is leaning towards that direction as well. With time NBA stars will be pushed harder and harder to skip international tournaments.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          I'm suprised Giannis signed for this. He plays tons of minutes in NBA and with immense effort at every spot of the court. That's nice. I'm not sure Greece will have this luxury for too long though. 24yo Giannis is still young, but further on I wouldn't bet on him as regular Greek NT member.

I got this idea today that the best for international teams is to have solid/good Eurolegue's players and NBA role players. Australia without Simmons, Canada without Murray, I'm not sure Jokic and specially Giannis will be regular members of their NTs. Good example of a bad example is I guess Slovenia. They had 2 studs, FIBA superstars in Dragic and Doncic, with both of them they could go against any team in the world, but without them they are not much. Or the same Latvia, with Porzingis and without him... With time NBA stars will be pushed harder and harder to skip international tournaments. Greece is leaning towards that direction as well.
          Probably you are right.
          So, we should exploit him as much as we can for as long as we can

Comment

Be careful that giannis doesnt exploit you on the other hand starting with the question if Kostas stays on the roster or not. The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.
              Why? He's the least player in the world that I would doubt his motor to be honest

The scary thing is that even such lumberjacks as say Baynes, Valanciunas or even Gobert can't stop him generally. The walls will be great in front of him, but he will climb over those very often:

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Be careful that giannis doesnt exploit you on the other hand starting with the question if Kostas stays on the roster or not. The second question is of course with what effort he is going to play. I am really curious about it.
                I bet he'll play with full effort. His last participation with the NT was (among other things) a personal failure for him and I'm sure he wants to redeem himself, even just for pure selfish reasons.

Comment

Well see, well see.

Comment

Well see, well see.
                    You seem to be somewhat suspicious, biased, annoyed, ironic (to mention just some facets of your negativity) towards Giannis. What exactly is bothering you?

Comment

Giannis playing half-assed is still a better player than about 95% of other players of contender countries so there's that... Though I don't know why you think Giannis would take it easy
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

You seem to be somewhat suspicious, biased, annoyed, ironic (to mention just some facets of your negativity) towards Giannis. What exactly is bothering you?
                        Nothing is bothering me. I am just writing down my opinion as you do. After 20 years of watching, playing and coaching basketball I think i understand a bit about this sport and i am indeed suspicious about the translation of his game in international basketball.

It might bother you to read my comments but you cant blame me for that like i dont blame you for hyping him. Lets see how it comes at the end. I am curious myself.

Comment

Nothing is bothering me. I am just writing down my opinion as you do. After 20 years of watching, playing and coaching basketball I think i understand a bit about this sport and i am indeed suspicious about the translation of his game in international basketball.

It might bother you to read my comments but you cant blame me for that like i dont blame you for hyping him. Lets see how it comes at the end. I am curious myself.
                          Nothing bothers me either. Just curious for your prejudice. Personally, I am glad when many stars participate in the tournaments which I follow -no matter in which team they play. But I am certain that you have your reasons (wink)

Btw your 20 years of watching is not so impressive as you think.

Comment

Nothing bothers me either. Just curious for your prejudice. Personally, I am glad when many stars participate in the tournaments which I follow -no matter in which team they play. But I am certain that you have your reasons (wink)

Thats why i am here. To learn from others also from you. Learning never ends and I dont intend to impress anybody here. So no need to start a discussion about that.

Comment

Honestly, having Kostas in the NT as a "courtesy" to Giannis doesn't really bother me. There are always those 1-2 players that see minimal playing time, so whatever, it might as well be Kostas
                              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

is thanasis going to play with greece? that will be doped if we see the antetokoumnpo brothers (giannis, kostas and thanasis) playing in that greek team.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information