Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard that Olympic tournament will change its format, changing the traditional 2 groups of 6 to 3 groups of 4 teams each.
    So 4 teams will be out after only 3 matches, and even the winner of tournament will play only 6 matches, instead of the traditional 8 matches.
    I understand FIBA less day by day, less matches, less emotion.
    Last edited by Sykes; 09-19-2019, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sykes View Post
      I heard that Olympic tournament will change its format, changing the traditional 2 groups of 6 to 3 groups of 4 teams each.
      So 4 teams will be out after only 3 matches, and even the winner of tournament will play only 6 matches, instead of the traditional 8 matches.
      I understand FIBA less day by day, less matches, less emotion.
      The first round in the Olympics was full of meaningless matches and jockeying for position (losing games on purpose). Glad they are addressing those issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
        The first round in the Olympics was full of meaningless matches and jockeying for position (losing games on purpose). Glad they are addressing those issues.
        Maybe they could made better and more fair matches in knock out stage, as in Waterpolo, giving the 1st team an automatic berth to half final, involving 2nd and 3th teams in a quarterfinal.
        I think is a nonsense winning 5 matches in a row, and being eliminated by a team with only 2 wins.

Comment

• Maybe those 5 wins was against weaker teams...
          If the 1 ranked team of one group loses against the 4 ranked team of the other group. It means 2 things: The 1 ranked team having a bad night or the group was weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by juli_rc View Post
            Maybe those 5 wins was against weaker teams...
            If the 1 ranked team of one group loses against the 4 ranked team of the other group. It means 2 things: The 1 ranked team having a bad night or the group was weak.
            Spain, 2004. Both finalists came from Spain's group, so obviously it wasn't a weak one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
              Spain, 2004. Both finalists came from Spain's group, so obviously it wasn't a weak one.
              I have a better example. In the WC 2014 SPA, BRA, FRA and SRB from group A defeat GRE, CRO, ARG and SEN from group B. So clearly a SRB team with 2-3 was a better team than GRE with a record of with 4-1.

So, my point is that the draw, could put 4 good teams in the same group. So a good team with heavy schedule like SRB, have a chance in the KO stage.

Comment

• When will the next basketball world cup starts. Until you can play Other game.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Buy poe currency From MMOGAH is one of the best ways to get cheap PoE currency. This site offers a fast, secure, and convenient trading process. It also provides helpful customer service representatives to resolve any issues. The site sells a variety of items and services, including Orbs, resonators, and portal scrolls. These are essential for upgrading equipment and building a strong character.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information