No announcement yet.

WC 2019 Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The closer the WC the more kiddos or weirdos on the board. Turkey, Germany...When the last time they won anything? I mean anything? Before every tournament people come here and hype them. Specially Turks hyping themselves Actually I think Greeks, Turkish are the worst, while Lithuanians and Serbians are sort of unpredictable and inconsistent at at that But you can bet Turks and Greeks will come and hype their teams as hell and in a week if Giannis will mess around a bit the hell will open soon here
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      The closer the WC the more kiddos or weirdos on the board. Turkey, Germany...When the last time they won anything? I mean anything? Before every tournament people come here and hype them. Specially Turks hyping themselves Actually I think Greeks, Turkish are the worst, while Lithuanians and Serbians are sort of unpredictable at that But you can bet Turks and Greeks will come and hype their teams as hell and in a week if Giannis will mess around a bit the hell will open soon here
      You are the biggest hyper of LTU teams here even your garbage U20 and U18 teams. Self reflection is really not a strength of yours.

Comment

• There’s a good chance that 4 Celtics make the team and are on the court at the same time.
        Kemba, Smart backcourt with Brown, Tatum wings is not bad. We’ll get an early look at the relative strength or weakness of the 2019-20 Boston Celtics.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          You are the biggest hyper of LTU teams here even your garbage U20 and U18 teams. Self reflection is really not a strength of yours.
          When Lithuania stand 6th in FIBA ranking and have been among top 5 for decades, I don't see how puting Lithuania among 5-8 team is hyping. Putting Turkey (which never wins anything (when the last time it was?) and standing at 17 in FIBA rankings) at the same spot with such teams as Lithuania, Australia seems to be arrogant and bias to me.

I never hyped our U18 or U20. I disagreed their borderline B division teams, that's all.

PS: I do believe Greece will be very good with Giannis BTW. Turkey might have interesting team and might surprise, but still a good chance for you to be humble for once till you win something

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

When Lithuania stand 6th in FIBA ranking and have been among top 5 for decades, I don't see how puting Lithuania among 5-8 team is hyping. Putting Turkey (which never wins anything (when the last time it was?) and standing at 17 in FIBA rankings) at the same spot with such teams as Lithuania, Australia seems to be arrogant and bias to me.
            Thats because you are not aware of changes in LTU BB and also the changes around the world. No turk here would say that they make it over quarter finals including me but its more than doubtful that ltu will reach even the quarter finals. You have some decent bigs but they cant create for themselves and to shorten the discussion i will say it directly. Your Guards suck. It was seen in Eurobasket 17 during the group games and also against a greece who lost 4 of 6 games in the groups. Your former achievements say nothing about your current situation.

Comment

Thats because you are not aware of changes in LTU BB and also the changes around the world. No turk here would say that they make it over quarter finals including me but its more than doubtful that ltu will reach even the quarter finals. You have some decent bigs but they cant create for themselves and to shorten the discussion i will say it directly. Your Guards suck. It was seen in Eurobasket 17 during the group games and also against a greece who lost 4 of 6 games in the groups. Your former achievements say nothing about your current situation.
              Oh, you are aware of LTU BB changes? Ok...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Oh, you are aware of LTU BB changes? Ok...
                More than you know about the turkish bb developments for sure.

Comment

More than you know about the turkish bb developments for sure.
                  So Turkey is ready to defeat traditional powerhouses I assume?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So Turkey is ready to defeat traditional powerhouses I assume?
                    If you mean real powerhouses like spain, france or serbia definitely not but as far as i know you you include ltu too and yes Turkey is able to take on teams like greece, LTU, Italy and other "powerhouses" but our time will come around 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
                      We underestimate Nigeria(including me). From the first 4 groups is the most athletic team. If they manage to advance the group, they will reach quarterfinals. Argentina and Russia will suffer inside the rim from Nigerians. If they shoot well from perimeter it would be difficult to maintain them. Besides that, Nigeria started preparations early. So the bond of the players might help them more.

Top 10 teams : 1.USA 2.Serbia 3.Spain 4.France 5.Australia 6.Greece 7.Turkey 8.Argentina 9.Lithuania 10.Nigeria/Germany.
                      Idk if they make it out of the group but I think Nigeria can steal a game from Russia or Argentina

Comment

If you mean real powerhouses like spain, france or serbia definitely not but as far as i know you you include ltu too and yes Turkey is able to take on teams like greece, LTU, Italy and other "powerhouses" but our time will come around 2023.
                        Well, congrats on naturalising even 2 Americans... You have strong, maybe even very strong if Iliasova still got it starting 5. Not sure about the bench. I never said Turkey is a bad team, but again win something first. The same goes to Germany, Italy, Canada.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, congrats on naturalising even 2 Americans... You have strong, maybe even very strong if Iliasova still got it starting 5. Not sure about the bench. I never said Turkey is a bad team, but again win something first. The same goes to Germany, Italy, Canada.
                          The World Cup threads are heating up. I love it.

Comment

• Tier 1
                            USA

Tier 2
                            Serbia

Tier 3
                            France

Tier 4
                            Spain
                            Greece

Tier 5
                            Lithuania, Australia

Tier 6
                            Italy, Germany, Turkey, Canada

Tier 7
                            Russia, Argentina
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

The closer the WC the more kiddos or weirdos on the board. Turkey, Germany...When the last time they won anything? I mean anything? Before every tournament people come here and hype them. Specially Turks hyping themselves Actually I think Greeks, Turkish are the worst, while Lithuanians and Serbians are sort of unpredictable and inconsistent at at that But you can bet Turks and Greeks will come and hype their teams as hell and in a week if Giannis will mess around a bit the hell will open soon here
                              Gatekeeping much? Who even cares who puts which teams in which tiers? Also, doesn't some of the fun during the time before a major tournament stem from hyping (which I didn't see much of, see Euroleague thread for real hyping) and discussions?

For the record, I believe we'll be in the second group barring a major fuck up from Sarıca and then see from there. Greece has a big advantage (Giannis) but they are not unbeatable if we can shoot well. I don't know who the second team from the other group will be.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                                Tier 1
                                USA

Tier 2
                                Serbia

Tier 3
                                France

Tier 4
                                Spain
                                Greece

Tier 5
                                Lithuania, Australia

Tier 6
                                Italy, Germany, Turkey, Canada

Tier 7
                                Russia, Argentina
                                Not sure if France deserves its own rank (about the same with Spain and Greece imho), other than that nice
                                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information