WC 2019 Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    I admit it's a wild guess, but to me his willingness to participate is rather strange. He pushes so many weight on his back with Rockets, he turns thirty this summer, no other "real" superstars bothered to play (no, Davis is not on Harden level status wise, IMO, and overall as "celebrity"). So I figured there's a decent chance he might eventually turn off NT. It's only WC, why would Harden bother. Also remember how Durrant ran away from NT just seeing George's injury in 2014? That's all I have.
    Yeah....Harden has been 1st Team All-NBA 4 of the last 5 years. Anthony Davis on the other hand only 3 of the last 5 years. Big difference there.
    And Damian Lillard he was only 1st Team All-NBA last year and slipped to 2nd Team All NBA this year that bum. Davis is a better two way player than Harden anyways.

I don't know what other "real" U.S. born NBA superstars that you consider at Harden's level and not on the roster. Curry, Durant, Kawhi...maybe Lebron? No surprise any of them are skipping considering where they are in the post-season and Lebrons health/age. YOu think Paul George wants to play again? He likely has PTSD from FIBA ball.

I'll take Lillard over Westbrook or Paul George anyways. So we have 3 of the top 7 American players on this team and three of the five 1st Team All-NBA players from the 17/18 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
      Yeah....Harden has been 1st Team All-NBA 4 of the last 5 years. Anthony Davis on the other hand only 3 of the last 5 years. Big difference there.
      And Damian Lillard he was only 1st Team All-NBA last year and slipped to 2nd Team All NBA this year that bum. Davis is a better two way player than Harden anyways.

I don't know what other "real" U.S. born NBA superstars that you consider at Harden's level and not on the roster. Curry, Durant, Kawhi...maybe Lebron? No surprise any of them are skipping considering where they are in the post-season and Lebrons health/age. YOu think Paul George wants to play again? He likely has PTSD from FIBA ball.

I'll take Lillard over Westbrook or Paul George anyways. So we have 3 of the top 7 American players on this team and three of the five 1st Team All-NBA players from the 17/18 season.
      Lebron is definitely out. He will work on Space Jam 2.

Comment

• When I check USA roster I always look how much shooters they bring againts european team zones.And they got full of them in those candidates.

From top 10 USA players today they bring 3 of them Harden,Davis,Lillard it will be enough.

Looking more deeply popovich went with shooting alot i have to say .

I don't see good elite defencem wings on this roster, but who cares they gonna shoot lights out most likely with this roster.One of the reason's most likely why pop invite tough nose wing veteran Tucker
        Last edited by Shawshank; 06-08-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          When I check USA roster I always look how much shooters they bring againts european team zones.And they got full of them in those candidates.

From top 10 USA players today they bring 3 of them Harden,Davis,Lillard it will be enough.

Looking more deeply popovich went with shooting alot i have to say .

I don't see good elite defencem wings on this roster, but who cares they gonna shoot lights out most likely with this roster.One of the reason's most likely why pop invite tough nose wing veteran Tucker
          In the normal NBA, I'd rank defense over offense. But in FIBA, typically if the US can make it a shootout they win 100% of the time, and if they're in a low scoring affair they struggle (Lithuania and Australia have actually been decent at this). So good zone breaking shooters in this instance is more important than lockdown defenders.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
            In the normal NBA, I'd rank defense over offense. But in FIBA, typically if the US can make it a shootout they win 100% of the time, and if they're in a low scoring affair they struggle (Lithuania and Australia have actually been decent at this). So good zone breaking shooters in this instance is more important than lockdown defenders.
            add to that, individual defense is not as important than in nba. most national teams use team defense through zone defense. the reason why shooters are more valuable in FIBA games than in NBA.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              add to that, individual defense is not as important than in nba. most national teams use team defense through zone defense. the reason why shooters are more valuable in FIBA games than in NBA.
              Against USA team probably 100% of teams would use other defensive sets than individual defence, maybe except some teams for a short stretch if they can field really good defensive line-up. But in Europe rarely anyone using pure zone defence, usually it's mixed defence adjusting to to the opponent.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Team France 15 man prelim roster announced:

Heurtel – Albicy – Ntilikina
                De Colo – Fournier – Lacombe
                Batum – Toupane – L.Cabarrot
                Labeyrie – M’Baye – Moerman
                Gobert – Lessort – Poirier

So for it is looking like France, Australia and Lithuania are preparing for China with pretty much full strength roster.

Anyone of importance missing here for France? Lauvergne is injured, Parker and Diaw have retired. Ajinça? Beaubois? Mahinmi? Séraphin? Noah? Or are they all not really good enough?

Who are their likely starter / key rotation? I guessed at a depth chart above.

EDIT - France announced 9 reserve players as well. Reserve players :
                Th̩o Maledon РAlexandre Chassang - Moustapha Fall РEdwin Jackson РLahaou Konate РElie Okobo РYakuba Ouattara РL̩o Westermann РGuerschon Yabusele
                Last edited by mojo13; 06-12-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                  Anyone of importance missing here for France? Lauvergne is injured, Parker and Diaw have retired. Ajinça? Beaubois? Mahinmi? Séraphin? Noah? Or are they all not really good enough?
                  Ajinca played maybe a month during last season. He came back from injury in late January, signed with Asvel in France, but got into conflict with a coach a bit later and was waived. Since then I didn't heard about him
                  Beaubois good shooter, but too streaky, also injury prone, there are better options, not really needed IMO
                  Seraphin had poor season with Barca, also conflicts with a coach, dissatisfied with his role. Maybe he could've been tried instead Lessort, but maybe coach just chose more calm character for the bench
                  Noah didn't play for NT since 2011 probably, always had an excuse, hardly needed now

Causeur maybe would've had a shot of making final roster, has an amazing final part of the season with Real Madrid, but he rejected the offer to join this summer

Rotation, in backcourt obviously it will be Heurtel, De Colo, Fournier, Batum as main 4. Gobert main big, Poirier most likely his substitute. At PF hard to say, Moerman had great season with Efes, so him or Labeyrie will start IMO and share the most minutes

Comment

• Betting odds have opened, you can treat them like power rankings of the gambling world.

Team USA are overwhelming -560 favorites to win the 2019 FIBA World Cup. The tournament is slated for this summer in China. Is the latest iteration of the Dream Team a lock to win gold, or could a team like Spain, Serbia, France, or Greece pull a shocking upset?

Top 5
                    USA
                    Serbia
                    Spain
                    France
                    Greece

Australia, Lithuania, Canada (6.7,8)

Comment

• Hey guys! Long time no see!

Greetings from Bangkok. I will be in China for the WC this year, looking forward to being more active in the forums again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                        Hey guys! Long time no see!

Greetings from Bangkok. I will be in China for the WC this year, looking forward to being more active in the forums again.
                        Great to have you back bro. It’s cool that you are there because it might be 2002 all over again for your team.
                        I think they can pull it off. Your team at full strength looks stacked.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• 99.9% chance you can forget Anthony Davis playing in the World Cup now.
                          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            99.9% chance you can forget Anthony Davis playing in the World Cup now.
                            Somebody has to cheer for Yagmur The Kofta Shake Master ����

We will see. I think we are peaking now and in Tokyo 2020. After that we will have significant dropoff especially at PF and PG positions

Comment

I'm not sure about this, if anything getting his situation solved quickly might make it easier for him to play. It's not like GM Lebron has any issues with playing for Team USA even if he doesn't anymore.

Comment

I pretty much have to agree here - LeBron is aging and is desperate to finish his resume with as many rings as possible before he hangs it up for good...and the last thing he wants to see before even regular seaosn starts is his sidekick superstar getting injured while playing internationally lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information