Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: WC 2019 Power Rankings

  1. #41
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,568
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Sorry,but in what way could you include clarkson?
    well, jordan clarkson has a filipino mother. her mother, in fact, was born and lived here in her childhood before she and her family migrated abroad. she is the one that introduced jordan clarkson to the philippines. also, clarkson family are actually very active in filipino community in the us. clarkson and his father always like to represent the philippines if the opportunity comes. he already did in asian games. now, they want to be with the team in this year's world cup.

    his mother also wants him to represent nothing but the philippines.

    the things we should hurdle before getting him is his passport issue. it is said that he already got his passport at the age of 12 but that is still in contention. another thing is his cleveland cavs. will he allow him to play there?
    Last edited by ja.he; 03-15-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  2. #42
    Senior Member okanial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    well, jordan clarkson has a filipino mother. her mother, in fact, was born and lived here in her childhood before she and her family migrated abroad. she is the one that introduced jordan clarkson to the philippines. also, clarkson family are actually very active in filipino community in the us. clarkson and his father always like to represent the philippines if the opportunity comes. he already did in asian games. now, they want to be with the team in this year's world cup.

    his mother also wants him to represent nothing but the philippines.

    the things we should hurdle before getting him is his passport issue. it is said that he already got his passport at the age of 12 but that is still in contention. another thing is his cleveland cavs. will he allow him to play there?
    She doesnt need to be scared of Clarkson representing USA. That is never gonna happen

  3. #43
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,568
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    She doesnt need to be scared of Clarkson representing USA. That is never gonna happen
    I know that. That team USA is so stack you look at their pool. Any combination can be a team a player. Look at the coaching staff, pop is the head coach and Kerr as the assistant. That will be spurs and warriors game in the mix.

    Well, I hope clarkson gets cleared in time by fiba. What i am trying to say there is that her mother is not forgetting the place of her birth and it’s an honor.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    496
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I know that. That team USA is so stack you look at their pool. Any combination can be a team a player. Look at the coaching staff, pop is the head coach and Kerr as the assistant. That will be spurs and warriors game in the mix.

    Well, I hope clarkson gets cleared in time by fiba. What i am trying to say there is that her mother is not forgetting the place of her birth and it’s an honor.
    So far there has been no proof provided that Clarkson received a Philippines passport before age 16. Thus he is considered naturalized - problem is so is the merc Blatche and you cant have both unless the Philippines can $uccessfully lobby FIBA. Blatche is probably more valuable than Clarkson wouldn't you think? A quality bigman is harder to find for the Philippines than an inefficient scoring guard right?

  5. #45
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,347
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Based on suspected full rosters:

    1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. France (Aside from USA, deepest roster together with Spain)
    4. Serbia
    5. Australia (Amazing team at the last Olympics)
    6. Greece (Chemistry will be important, but with Giannis on the team I can not rank them lower thank the fourth team in Europe).
    7. Lithuania (if you ask me they have over performed in the last decade due to excellent chemistry, but this was not always the case. So I picked a balanced position)
    8. Canada (Have not beaten any of the above teams yet)
    9. Germany (Germany seems to be on the rise judging from recent tournaments)
    10.Italy ( lacks depth, but first 5 can be dangerous)
    11.Brazil (decent rooster)
    12.Argentina
    13.Turkey (Struggling new generation lacks depth and misses Enes Kanter)
    14. New Zealand
    15. Nigeria
    16. Puerto Rico
    17. China (home court)
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Based on suspected full rosters:

    1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. France (Aside from USA, deepest roster together with Spain)
    4. Serbia
    5. Australia (Amazing team at the last Olympics)
    6. Greece (Chemistry will be important, but with Giannis on the team I can not rank them lower thank the fourth team in Europe).
    7. Lithuania (if you ask me they have over performed in the last decade due to excellent chemistry, but this was not always the case. So I picked a balanced position)
    8. Canada (Have not beaten any of the above teams yet)
    9. Germany (Germany seems to be on the rise judging from recent tournaments)
    10.Italy ( lacks depth, but first 5 can be dangerous)
    11.Brazil (decent rooster)
    12.Argentina
    13.Turkey (Struggling new generation lacks depth and misses Enes Kanter)
    14. New Zealand
    15. Nigeria
    16. Puerto Rico
    17. China (home court)
    I honestly don't know how you can put any team except USA in front of Serbia, if every team has a full roster. Expected full roster for Serbia is something like this:

    PG Teodosic, Micic, Jovic
    SG Bogdanovic, Nedovic, Milosavljevic/Guduric
    SF Kalinic, Lucic
    PF Bjelica
    C Jokic, Milutinov, Marjanovic

    This team is stacked.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Italian Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigue Beaubois View Post
    I honestly don't know how you can put any team except USA in front of Serbia, if every team has a full roster. Expected full roster for Serbia is something like this:

    PG Teodosic, Micic, Jovic
    SG Bogdanovic, Nedovic, Milosavljevic/Guduric
    SF Kalinic, Lucic
    PF Bjelica
    C Jokic, Milutinov, Marjanovic

    This team is stacked.
    With this roster jovic will ne 11th e milutinov 12 th

    Only USA has this deep

    Their bench players would play in the starting 5 of 28-30 team in the next FIBA world cup

    I m pretty sure that nedovic ,micic and jovic would play like starter in lithuania team and micic also in french team in my opinion

    Only in spain ,USA and Serbia they would not have a main role in the Foster

    2nd starting 5 of Serbia could be:

    Micic-Nedovic-Guduric-Lucic-Marjanovic

    4 EL players and one NBA players

    My personal ranking

    1 USA
    2 Serbia
    3 spain(with gasols ,llull and chacho)
    4Australia(if ben Simmons and bogut join they will be a very balanced team,with great wings like Simmons,ingles ,two big man like baynes and bogut and very good guards like della vedova and Patty mills)
    5 Canada(with full roster they could be alsoLithuaniadium,bit chemistry is a great doubt with this NT)
    6 Lithuania
    7 France
    8Greece/Italy/Turkey/Germany/Russia are more or less on the same level
    Last edited by Italian Pride; 03-20-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member okanial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Based on suspected full rosters:

    1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. France (Aside from USA, deepest roster together with Spain)
    4. Serbia
    5. Australia (Amazing team at the last Olympics)
    6. Greece (Chemistry will be important, but with Giannis on the team I can not rank them lower thank the fourth team in Europe).
    7. Lithuania (if you ask me they have over performed in the last decade due to excellent chemistry, but this was not always the case. So I picked a balanced position)
    8. Canada (Have not beaten any of the above teams yet)
    9. Germany (Germany seems to be on the rise judging from recent tournaments)
    10.Italy ( lacks depth, but first 5 can be dangerous)
    11.Brazil (decent rooster)
    12.Argentina
    13.Turkey (Struggling new generation lacks depth and misses Enes Kanter)
    14. New Zealand
    15. Nigeria
    16. Puerto Rico
    17. China (home court)
    We are not missing Kanter at this point considering we never had him to begin with. I liked how we played in last European chapmionship and now we have a much better Osman a slightly better Korkmaz and a little worse Ilyasova which makes the team still better.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    963
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    We are not missing Kanter at this point considering we never had him to begin with. I liked how we played in last European chapmionship and now we have a much better Osman a slightly better Korkmaz and a little worse Ilyasova which makes the team still better.
    Ersan is much better than previous years. Don't look at the stats only. He can now play 5 and we have lot of flexibility.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  10. #50
    Senior Member okanial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Ersan is much better than previous years. Don't look at the stats only. He can now play 5 and we have lot of flexibility.
    Not looking at stats and I like him at 5. But he seems kinda slower.

    I think biggest problem for us is for the first time we have a good offensive team and a mediocre defensive team. We always succeeded with our defense before. It will be interesting to see how we cope with that. Wilbekin-Mahmutoğlu-Korkmaz-Osman-Ilyasova five is really good offensively but really bad defensivly and I think that will be our main 5

  11. #51
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    963
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    Not looking at stats and I like him at 5. But he seems kinda slower.

    I think biggest problem for us is for the first time we have a good offensive team and a mediocre defensive team. We always succeeded with our defense before. It will be interesting to see how we cope with that. Wilbekin-Mahmutoğlu-Korkmaz-Osman-Ilyasova five is really good offensively but really bad defensivly and I think that will be our main 5
    Probably we will start Wilbekin-Melih/Furkan-Cedi-Ersan-Semih. We'd better talk about our defensive strength after roster announced.
    My roster would be:

    Wilbekin-Dogus-Kartal
    Furkan-Melih
    Cedi-Tolga
    Ersan-Berkan-Metecan
    Semih-Sertac
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  12. #52
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,347
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    We are not missing Kanter at this point considering we never had him to begin with. I liked how we played in last European chapmionship and now we have a much better Osman a slightly better Korkmaz and a little worse Ilyasova which makes the team still better.
    Korkmaz is playing for the Development league. Usually players are a disappointment when they come back to Europe from that league. He would have developed more playing for Efes or Darussafaka. I remember Turkey being more stacked at every position. Asik was a beast under the rim. The new guys do not compensate for that. Kanter is the most successful player of the new generation and desperately needed. He should have been part of the team. Regardless of his political convictions or whether he believes in UFO's.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  13. #53
    Senior Member okanial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Korkmaz is playing for the Development league. Usually players are a disappointment when they come back to Europe from that league. He would have developed more playing for Efes or Darussafaka. I remember Turkey being more stacked at every position. Asik was a beast under the rim. The new guys do not compensate for that. Kanter is the most successful player of the new generation and desperately needed. He should have been part of the team. Regardless of his political convictions or whether he believes in UFO's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Probably we will start Wilbekin-Melih/Furkan-Cedi-Ersan-Semih. We'd better talk about our defensive strength after roster announced.
    My roster would be:

    Wilbekin-Dogus-Kartal
    Furkan-Melih
    Cedi-Tolga
    Ersan-Berkan-Metecan
    Semih-Sertac
    Id try to include Ömer Faruk or Egemen Güven instead of Sertaç. Other than that maybe Kartal can be replaced with Berk depends which one is better at the moment.

    Korkmaz is not playing in the development league he is injured. Before the injury he was playing okay but in 6ers he had a tough time to shine. I think he will stay in NBA most teams would like a cheap young guy with upside. Cavs can be a good destination for him tbh. And Cedi is a much better talent than Kanter. I wish we had him, or Aşık but missing Cedi would hurt much more than an old school center since we have Erden who always outperforms in tournaments and can use Ersan at 5

  14. #54
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    963
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    Id try to include Ömer Faruk or Egemen Güven instead of Sertaç. Other than that maybe Kartal can be replaced with Berk depends which one is better at the moment.

    Korkmaz is not playing in the development league he is injured. Before the injury he was playing okay but in 6ers he had a tough time to shine. I think he will stay in NBA most teams would like a cheap young guy with upside. Cavs can be a good destination for him tbh. And Cedi is a much better talent than Kanter. I wish we had him, or Aşık but missing Cedi would hurt much more than an old school center since we have Erden who always outperforms in tournaments and can use Ersan at 5
    As far as I know Omer Faruk Yurtseven didn't play a single competitive game due to changing university last summer. He moved from North Carolina State to Georgetown.
    That's why he might not be on the roster. Otherwise he would be my choice as well.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •