Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WC 2019 Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Sorry,but in what way could you include clarkson?
    well, jordan clarkson has a filipino mother. her mother, in fact, was born and lived here in her childhood before she and her family migrated abroad. she is the one that introduced jordan clarkson to the philippines. also, clarkson family are actually very active in filipino community in the us. clarkson and his father always like to represent the philippines if the opportunity comes. he already did in asian games. now, they want to be with the team in this year's world cup.

his mother also wants him to represent nothing but the philippines.

the things we should hurdle before getting him is his passport issue. it is said that he already got his passport at the age of 12 but that is still in contention. another thing is his cleveland cavs. will he allow him to play there?
    Last edited by ja.he; 03-15-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    well, jordan clarkson has a filipino mother. her mother, in fact, was born and lived here in her childhood before she and her family migrated abroad. she is the one that introduced jordan clarkson to the philippines. also, clarkson family are actually very active in filipino community in the us. clarkson and his father always like to represent the philippines if the opportunity comes. he already did in asian games. now, they want to be with the team in this year's world cup.

his mother also wants him to represent nothing but the philippines.

the things we should hurdle before getting him is his passport issue. it is said that he already got his passport at the age of 12 but that is still in contention. another thing is his cleveland cavs. will he allow him to play there?
    She doesnt need to be scared of Clarkson representing USA. That is never gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    She doesnt need to be scared of Clarkson representing USA. That is never gonna happen
    I know that. That team USA is so stack you look at their pool. Any combination can be a team a player. Look at the coaching staff, pop is the head coach and Kerr as the assistant. That will be spurs and warriors game in the mix.

Well, I hope clarkson gets cleared in time by fiba. What i am trying to say there is that her mother is not forgetting the place of her birth and it’s an honor.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I know that. That team USA is so stack you look at their pool. Any combination can be a team a player. Look at the coaching staff, pop is the head coach and Kerr as the assistant. That will be spurs and warriors game in the mix.

Well, I hope clarkson gets cleared in time by fiba. What i am trying to say there is that her mother is not forgetting the place of her birth and it’s an honor.
    So far there has been no proof provided that Clarkson received a Philippines passport before age 16. Thus he is considered naturalized - problem is so is the merc Blatche and you cant have both unless the Philippines can $uccessfully lobby FIBA. Blatche is probably more valuable than Clarkson wouldn't you think? A quality bigman is harder to find for the Philippines than an inefficient scoring guard right?

Based on suspected full rosters:

1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. France (Aside from USA, deepest roster together with Spain)
    4. Serbia
    5. Australia (Amazing team at the last Olympics)
    6. Greece (Chemistry will be important, but with Giannis on the team I can not rank them lower thank the fourth team in Europe).
    7. Lithuania (if you ask me they have over performed in the last decade due to excellent chemistry, but this was not always the case. So I picked a balanced position)
    8. Canada (Have not beaten any of the above teams yet)
    9. Germany (Germany seems to be on the rise judging from recent tournaments)
    10.Italy ( lacks depth, but first 5 can be dangerous)
    11.Brazil (decent rooster)
    12.Argentina
    13.Turkey (Struggling new generation lacks depth and misses Enes Kanter)
    14. New Zealand
    15. Nigeria
    16. Puerto Rico
    17. China (home court)
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123