No announcement yet.

Is Fenerbahçe 2018-19 the Best Team Ever in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The team I've enjoyed watching the most in modern era was probably Maccabi with Saras, Parker, Vujcic, Baston and co. That team at times played fluent basketball. I'm more a fan of this offensive minded style, not brainless run'n'gun, but exactly a basketball with lot of creativity, fast breaks. Overall back in those days I've enjoyed Euroleague the most, there was so much talent, European superstars, some great players from US, other parts of the world and etc. we badly lack such today. Comparing the top players from that decade and now... it's simply uncomparable to me. Overall talent level dropped, we are leaking much more players to NBA, even China.
    Overall speaking, of course, as Lith, I can't forget about Zalgiris 98/99 with Edney, Stombergas, Bowie and other guys. Kazlauskas as coach. It was not the most talented team, we had small budget (~4-5mln $), but we had lot of heart and passion, also the game itself was a pure joy to watch. Fast, creative team play, which was a bit unusual to those days. Lot of teams preferred to slow things down, especially in decisive games. After a bit hard start for newcomers, we cruised past regular season, then we swept Ulker and Efes in play-offs, I remember Efes had Naumoski, Savic, Drobnjak, Turkcan, Besok. In Final4 we easily beat Olympiacos with Komazec, Tarlac, Goldwire in semi and in final without too much sweat won against millionairs from Kinder Bologna with Rigaudeau, Danilovic, Radosevic, Sconochini, Abbio and Messina on helm. What a sweet days it was Not the most talented team, but probably made one of the biggest upsets (surprises) in EL history, especially in a way it was all done. Sadly, we experienced a fate that most such "Cinderellas" are experiencing. Our top players were grabbed by big guns, some inner problems appeared among owners and we weren't able to repeat success

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
      In 2010, Pao lost the F4 spot to Partizan in top 16... A huge surprise team of that year. It wasn't really too hard for Pao to play in 2010 F4 really.

That team would sweep many teams, we swept Pao in playoffs (even though Pao had the homecourt advantage), and beat Oly with +16 difference in the final. The only team come close was Madrid with prime mvp Llull, and Doncic experienced his worst EL game against us in the semi-final.
      Udoh had the best half interview ever in that game.

The journalist told to him that the game was controlled, but what they had to do to secure the win. Literally, Udoh said:

We have to control Sergio Llull, he has scored like (he looked at the score)... YisusChrist, 21 points at half! Pure gold 😂

By the way, only 3 players did a good game (Llull, Carroll and Thompkins), and the difference were up 10 the whole match. We had some moments to be only 5 down (like with 6-7 minutes to go) but the victory was a Fener thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
        Udoh had the best half interview ever in that game.

The journalist told to him that the game was controlled, but what they had to do to secure the win. Literally, Udoh said:

We have to control Sergio Llull, he has scored like (he looked at the score)... YisusChrist, 21 points at half! Pure gold 😂

By the way, only 3 players did a good game (Llull, Carroll and Thompkins), and the difference were up 10 the whole match. We had some moments to be only 5 down (like with 6-7 minutes to go) but the victory was a Fener thing.

sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

I am really surprized at you all people seriously discussing this. No doubt that Fenerbahçe 2018-19 is the Best Team Ever in Europe. But just a moment, why only in Europe? It's the Best Team Ever in the Universe. Maybe even in the Galaxy. I mean it. Not even arguable!

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
            I am really surprized at you all people seriously discussing this. No doubt that Fenerbahçe 2018-19 is the Best Team Ever in Europe. But just a moment, why only in Europe? It's the Best Team Ever in the Universe. Maybe even in the Galaxy. I mean it. Not even arguable!
            Of course, Fenerbahçe is better than NBA teams;

Rick Pitino compared Fenerbahce to NBA teams, stating that they shoot better than all NBA teams, except the Warriors.

“They wouldn’t be able to play the team defense they are playing in the NBA. They are shooting the ball better than all NBA teams, except the Golden State Warriors. When you think about it, their passes and shots are better than a lot of NBA teams. I don’t know if they would be able to play in the NBA, because the spacing is different. The game is different in the NBA and the EuroLeague. The rules are also different,” said the 66-year old head coach.

And it's easier to score in NBA.

Here [in the NBA] its easier to score compared to Europe, of course. In Europe, the court is smaller and here there is the three seconds rule. I think it’s easier to score here.”

The next thread is ; Fenerbahçe or Golden State who is better?
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Every galaxy is just a part (subset) of the universe, so ...

Comment

Don't you see that this question is meaningless? No team is better than Fenerbahçe, and you needn't even bother proving it. It's just the ultimate truth in our Galaxy and Universe (I am always confused which of them is bigger )

Comment

Don't you see that this question is meaningless? No team is better than Fenerbahçe, and you needn't even bother proving it. It's just the ultimate truth in our Galaxy and Universe (I am always confused which of them is bigger )
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe
                  I guess this famous quote of Einstein suits perfectly the topic (poll) of this thread too

Comment

Yea. This Fener team plays the best basketball ever in Europe.
                    I don't accept another idea about it, so that's why didnt add no to the poll.
                    I watch this fucking European basketball since 1996, almost 25 years.
                    I saw better rosters but didn't see a team that doing everything perfect like that one.
                    So, what u or someone else says has no difference than a donkey farting for me...

Rick Pitino compared Fenerbahce to NBA teams, stating that they shoot better than all NBA teams, except the Warriors.

“They wouldn’t be able to play the team defense they are playing in the NBA. They are shooting the ball better than all NBA teams, except the Golden State Warriors. When you think about it, their passes and shots are better than a lot of NBA teams. I don’t know if they would be able to play in the NBA, because the spacing is different. The game is different in the NBA and the EuroLeague. The rules are also different,” said the 66-year old head coach.

And it's easier to score in NBA.

Here [in the NBA] its easier to score compared to Europe, of course. In Europe, the court is smaller and here there is the three seconds rule. I think it’s easier to score here.”

Stop being objective. It's annoying.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    I guess this famous quote of Einstein suits perfectly the topic (poll) of this thread too
                    Well, i dont think so.
                    Lets better say that; i dont respect other ideas.
                    Ok?
                    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                      Lets better say that; i dont respect other ideas.
                      Ok?
                      No problem. Other ideas don't respect you either

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                        No problem. Other ideas don't respect you either
                        I respect that.
                        Other ideas also have right to do that.
                        But i csnt stand when someone talks offensive like mindozas and iraz.
                        Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Guys, I have bet all my money and my house to Fenerbahçe winning the EL. Guys, dont disappoint me.

Comment

Well, that's why I said to Tevfik1907 that some Fenerbahce fans are very annoying and aggressive, just because their team is now a successful one. I mean, this Fenerbahce isn't better even than Fenerbahce team that won the title.

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
                              Well, that's why I said to Tevfik1907 that some Fenerbahce fans are very annoying and aggressive, just because their team is now a successful one. I mean, this Fenerbahce isn't better even than Fenerbahce team that won the title.
                              No bro, i was always annoying and agressive.
                              Not cos of we are successful.
                              Simply u are new in forum and i dont write often recently.
                              So, u just dont know me.
                              Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
                                It's a joke thread like Vesely is the worst center thing, don't take it seriously.

But we are currently the best Euroleague team, a slightly better than Madrid and CSKA.
                                FENERBAHÇE
                                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information