2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonifacio View Post
    Actually, I would want Gilas to have a tune up game against Ateneo....remember, Ateneo beat the Taiwanese national team in the Jones Cup.....this is however risky because if Ateneo beats Gilas, then that would be very demoralizing to the national team.
    lol. baka ma paranaque jets pa.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Actually, I would want Gilas to have a tune up game against Ateneo....remember, Ateneo beat the Taiwanese national team in the Jones Cup.....this is however risky because if Ateneo beats Gilas, then that would be very demoralizing to the national team.
      I don't think a team of crack PBA vets coached by a multi-titled veteran would lose to a college team, even if that team is coached by someone with Tab's caliber. At the very least Ateneo might get a close win

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      lol. baka ma paranaque jets pa.
      you're forgetting the context of the Paranaque Jets incident. BAP formed a national team composed of college and PBL players and picked a rather inexperienced coach in Boysie Zamar. On the other hand the Paranaque Jets had Richard Gomez and Antonio Aquitania as players and were coached by Anjo frigging Yllana.

On the other hand, the 2019 SEA Games team has World Cup veterans in it and is coached by a Asian Games top-4 finisher.
      Last edited by mangangalakal; 10-30-2019, 06:52 AM.
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Lester Prosper will not play in the SEA Games.. Gilas might probably meet him at the Asia Cup qualifiers

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
          I don't think a team of crack PBA vets coached by a multi-titled veteran would lose to a college team, even if that team is coached by someone with Tab's caliber. At the very least Ateneo might get a close win

you're forgetting the context of the Paranaque Jets incident. BAP formed a national team composed of college and PBL players and picked a rather inexperienced coach in Boysie Zamar. On the other hand the Paranaque Jets had Richard Gomez and Antonio Aquitania as players and were coached by Anjo frigging Yllana.

On the other hand, the 2019 SEA Games team has World Cup veterans in it and is coached by a Asian Games top-4 finisher.
          Remember...Ateneo won against the Adelaide 36ers while Gilas (with Blatche) lost to the very same team in their second game (it was however coached by the multi-titled veteran Y Guiao.

Comment

Remember...Ateneo won against the Adelaide 36ers while Gilas (with Blatche) lost to the very same team in their second game (it was however coached by the multi-titled veteran Y Guiao.
            too bad Yeng's Gilas didn't play Ateneo. This Team A-beat-Team B-and-Team B-beat-Team C-so-Team A-will-beat-Team C speculation is bs
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

too bad Yeng's Gilas didn't play Ateneo. This Team A-beat-Team B-and-Team B-beat-Team C-so-Team A-will-beat-Team C speculation is bs
              That is why it will be good to see a tune up between Gilas and Ateneo.....note that this time, Gilas has no Blatche

Comment

That is why it will be good to see a tune up between Gilas and Ateneo.....note that this time, Gilas has no Blatche
                hope SBP makes it happen, but the UAAP season is still ongoing..
                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Original Dream Team headlined by Michael Jordan lost to a team of college players led by Chris Webber.

I wouldn't bet against a Tab-led Ateneo team in a 1 game format.

Comment

• Originally posted by monsoonxvi View Post
                    Original Dream Team headlined by Michael Jordan lost to a team of college players led by Chris Webber.

I wouldn't bet against a Tab-led Ateneo team in a 1 game format.
                    Thats because the coach did it on purpose (sat MJ out a lot) so they could know how it felt to lose. Watch the documentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                      Thats because the coach did it on purpose (sat MJ out a lot) so they could know how it felt to lose. Watch the documentary.
                      Do you think that Gilas will get more motivated if they lose to Ateneo

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                        I did watch it, and it mentions that even if the coach purposely put them at a disadvantage, none of the players knew about it. In their minds they wanted to win. NBA legends and MJ with less minutes playing against college players. A team composed of ultra-competitive hall-of-famers who would even have fistfights in practice.
                        Last edited by monsoonxvi; 10-31-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• bka pwedeng pampalit kay jayson

bobby ray parks' long-anticipated move to the MVP group is happening soon - to TNT
                          https://t.co/bovHkaZp9q

Comment

• Flashback Friday tayo: a close game between the Siot Tanquicen led Philippine team and Thailand in the finals of the 1993 SEA Games in Singapore..prior to the finals the Philippines lost to the Thais in the preliminaries and had to go on a nail biting 2 point win against Indonesia..note that this team had only short time to prepare as some of the original members of the team back out because of politics within the BAP that time, thus we can call this team of Siot Tanquincen, Poch Juinio, Mike Orquillas, Cris Bade, Peter Naron and company “The Replacements”

Part 1
                            Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 11-01-2019, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Part 2 1993 SEA Games Basketball Finals

Comment

• Damn Sioty(Tanquincen) is quite damn fast player, only guy who has the better or same speed as him is a prime johnny a..
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information