Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1284

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    that's the thing with seaba, outside of the PH, the next 3 (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand) can beat each other anytime.
    in ASEAN basketball its gilas and friends..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    in ASEAN basketball its gilas and friends..
    That and were hosting. Expect bloodbaths.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    lol.you relax.nobody really cares about your gut feeling. im just saying indonesian team is still strong regardless and they have training camp in serbia. thailand on the other hand i have no idea if they have training camp.
    Thailand have already started their training camp and with Indonesia losing Bowles they have the upperhand. Thailand is strong too especially with their half bloods. Their games against the Indonesians have always been close and I expect the Thais to get a win eventually. You’re probably biased as well lol.

Who would be the dark horses for a medal? Cambodia or Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Who would be the dark horses for a medal? Cambodia or Vietnam?
    Vietnam.. but highly unlikely. Gold to PH, Silver to winner of Indonesia or Thailand
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Thailand have already started their training camp and with Indonesia losing Bowles they have the upperhand. Thailand is strong too especially with their half bloods. Their games against the Indonesians have always been close and I expect the Thais to get a win eventually. You’re probably biased as well lol.
    where is thailand having their training camp? is it the same quality as indonesia where they went to serbia?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Just looking at JMFs jump hook here. He has his elbow bent. Its a semi one hander. Shouldnt jump hooks be shot with the arm extended and no bending of elbows?

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/c...fajardo/164718

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Just looking at JMFs jump hook here. He has his elbow bent. Its a semi one hander. Shouldnt jump hooks be shot with the arm extended and no bending of elbows?

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/c...fajardo/164718
    Maybe JMF calls it the semi one hander, didn't hear him say it was a jump hook but as long as he makes the shot I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Maybe JMF calls it the semi one hander, didn't hear him say it was a jump hook but as long as he makes the shot I'm not complaining.
    For a big guy his hooks gets blocked often internationally. I am just wondering if he bends his elbow when he does this. When I see Thoss or Isaac Go do this it is hard to block especially when done quickly. JF only does it internationally or against imports and he usually gets blocked.

If I were Cone I would just overwhelm everyone by playing big most of the time, probably the only time we are gonna see that against international teams.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    For a big guy his hooks gets blocked often internationally. I am just wondering if he bends his elbow when he does this. When I see Thoss or Isaac Go do this it is hard to block especially when done quickly. JF only does it internationally or against imports and he usually gets blocked.
    those are effective shots once jf in the middle part of the shaded lane.

This should be in the JMF thread, but anyway..

Speaking of JuneMar’s jump-hooks, the shots that he was executing tonight against Magnolia is reminiscent of Don Ramon’s signature, the“Elegant Shot”, one of JMF’s mentors in the early days of his path to basketball prominence.

The “jump-hook”, as Don Ramon himself attested to, is in Fahardo’s arsenal, but I’ve yet to see him executing one right from the textbook. He still needs to learn and master to shield the ball from his man with his massive shoulders going sideways jumping at the release— until he does, he gets blocked a lot and will just encourage him to go elegant shot ala Mon Fernandez or ala James Yap.

Probably, I suspect, that he has little to no confidence to clear the trajectory of his shot against the defense owing to his miserable lift. His bad— cause it isn’t the lift that’ll make it potent, it’s the shield provided by the shoulder, it’s strength, that will make this particular big man weapon, operable if not unstoppable.

Kevin Duckworth, GBHS, is one prime example to fashion a jump-hook without the benefit of stellar verticals and another, Kevin, Willis, has the other version with the explosive lift and both are equally potent. Just two of practitioners from the old school... that soon paved the way to this shot’s notoriety as the big’s lazy choice of lethal weapon.

To cap, it’s just size, confidence, and the familiarity at delivery that will make this shot a great weapon. JMF can make this his shot— a little more “salt and pepper” please...

Tune up against ABL teams

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ef=home_feed_1

Cone said the real work for Uichico begins when the SEA Games teams submit their final lineups.

“He will definitely be our lead scout. He’s just really on the go. He’s got the time. The rest of us are practicing everyday and he has time to investigate. He is a great addition. I’m so happy we have Jong,” said Cone.

Cone, meanwhile, will have Alapag arranging tune-up games with Asean Basketball League (ABL) teams. There is already a plan to hold a scrimmage against Alapag’s Alab Pilipinas in the next few weeks.

“Jimmy is going to help us with the practice games,” said Cone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    This should be in the JMF thread, but anyway..

Speaking of JuneMar’s jump-hooks, the shots that he was executing tonight against Magnolia is reminiscent of Don Ramon’s signature, the“Elegant Shot”, one of JMF’s mentors in the early days of his path to basketball prominence.

The “jump-hook”, as Don Ramon himself attested to, is in Fahardo’s arsenal, but I’ve yet to see him executing one right from the textbook. He still needs to learn and master to shield the ball from his man with his massive shoulders going sideways jumping at the release— until he does, he gets blocked a lot and will just encourage him to go elegant shot ala Mon Fernandez or ala James Yap.

Probably, I suspect, that he has little to no confidence to clear the trajectory of his shot against the defense owing to his miserable lift. His bad— cause it isn’t the lift that’ll make it potent, it’s the shield provided by the shoulder, it’s strength, that will make this particular big man weapon, operable if not unstoppable.

Kevin Duckworth, GBHS, is one prime example to fashion a jump-hook without the benefit of stellar verticals and another, Kevin, Willis, has the other version with the explosive lift and both are equally potent. Just two of practitioners from the old school... that soon paved the way to this shot’s notoriety as the big’s lazy choice of lethal weapon.

To cap, it’s just size, confidence, and the familiarity at delivery that will make this shot a great weapon. JMF can make this his shot— a little more “salt and pepper” please...
    Agree. It seems JF has too much elegant shot/one-hander (Fernandez/James Yap) in his shots. From my own observations even shooting it frontally can be effective if done quickly. That was Tim Duncan's favorite shot off a secondary break. He will get the pass on the move, stop on a dime and throw a jump hook that more often than not goes in. Jokic actually did it against JF in the worlds. I get it that he wants to do the one hander as he has more control of the shot. But that is best done a bit away from the ring when the defender has to move. Its similar to Pingris's one hander. Or what JF did against Oz, off of passes from Kiefer and Romeo. This shot won't work internationally if the defender is near.

The frontal jump hook needs to be released before the defender can react with only wrist action and no elbow movement. It is not as accurate as a one-hander but is harder to block. Even if the ball bounces, a guy like JF can still make a play for the offensive boards as he is already near the rim.

Yup. All wrist, no elbow movement... it easily out-quicks the defense.
    The elegant shot is daring the defense to block it... it is so dialed down, and it doesn’t help if one is vertically challenged like JMF.

“I’m excited. I love the fact that I get the opportunity to represent Thailand,” Lamb said. “The SEA Games itself is a great experience. I’ve been there once. This is my second time. I think the team that we’re sending, we have a good opportunity to do well.

“The Philippines is sending a big squad, I heard Vietnam is sending a lot of their half and half. It’s going to be an opportunity for us and the local Thai guys just to have a chance to play on the big stage like that for the country,” Lamb said.

Despite the odds, Lamb is not discounting the possibility that Thailand will be able to beat the Philippines in the SEA Games.

“We have a chance of beating everybody,” Lamb said. “That’s the beauty of basketball. Everybody has a chance at any given day. Looking forward to playing against the Philippines, looking forward to playing Vietnam, Singapore, and every country.”

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ome_featured_2
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 10-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Who’s your 3x3 final 4?

Romeo
    Bolick
    Perez
    Perkins

Can’t tell if Mo’s mobile enough for 3x3. Haven’t seen enough of him lately. Others still in contention are Newsome and Belo. Hard to predict this lineup, this 2 could actually be good 3x3 players. For me, Perez and Romeo are shooins.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Who’s your 3x3 final 4?

Romeo
    Bolick
    Perez
    Perkins

Can’t tell if Mo’s mobile enough for 3x3. Haven’t seen enough of him lately. Others still in contention are Newsome and Belo. Hard to predict this lineup, this 2 could actually be good 3x3 players. For me, Perez and Romeo are shooins.
    magsanoc having difficulties in the three paper shoo ins romeo babes and cj.. will he go one big or two with belo, mo perk..really fepends on the opposition
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

https://www.foxsports.ph/football/as...-in-sea-games/

Lester Prosper is set to fly over in Asia, albeit for a different reason than most would expect.
    The former Columbian Dyip import is said to represent the Indonesian national team as they prepare for the upcoming SEA Games which will start in December.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast