Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    6’8 is pretty decent height for a power forward
    Yes it is. Its an upgrade actually for Philippine basketball size-wise considering that we are used to watching 6-foot-4 to 6-foot-6 power forwards or fours in the PBA.

It seems Baltazar's medium-range shot is decent, & he can even further improve it as he goes along with his career.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 05-23-2019 at 03:40 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Yes it is. Its an upgrade actually for Philippine basketball size-wise considering that we are used to watching 6-foot-4 to 6-foot-6 power forwards of fours in the PBA.

It seems Baltazar's medium-range shot is decent, & he can even further improve it as he goes along with his career.
    Him, Isaac go, Matt Aquino, kemark cariño and Troy rike are already good frontline for sea games height-wise.

Develop these guys, we will have an ample supply of power forwards and at best, stretch fours. You know, 6’7-6’8 are pretty decent height for a power forward in fiba game.
    Last edited by ja.he; 05-22-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Kinda OT.
    Since the SBP did a rebranding of the federation , I think its high time for Gilas to have an identity outside of socmed that stands out during home games. The Kiwis have their Haka The Finns have their Viking thunder clap. What about us?
    I always wanted Gilas to adopt a "yell/Cheer" group every time they play at home. The last time we had something like this is during the 2002 asian games where a unified collegiate cheering group flew to busan. I think we can adopt a cheer from our collegiate teams, San beda has the most bad ass yell. We could have something like that.
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict View Post
    Kinda OT.
    Since the SBP did a rebranding of the federation , I think its high time for Gilas to have an identity outside of socmed that stands out during home games. The Kiwis have their Haka The Finns have their Viking thunder clap. What about us?
    I always wanted Gilas to adopt a "yell/Cheer" group every time they play at home. The last time we had something like this is during the 2002 asian games where a unified collegiate cheering group flew to busan. I think we can adopt a cheer from our collegiate teams, San beda has the most bad ass yell. We could have something like that.
    Too many stakeholders spoiling the broth. The Ultras Filipinas were at the 2017 SEABA, but picked a fight with the San Beda band. Then again, the UF likes fighting with everyone else lol
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Too many stakeholders spoiling the broth. The Ultras Filipinas were at the 2017 SEABA, but picked a fight with the San Beda band. Then again, the UF likes fighting with everyone else lol
    Had no idea that there was a clash between UF and the San Beda band during the SEABA.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    With all respect to the Ultras , their style is sort of a controlled hooliganism. The non stop yelling and jumping wont pick up steam from the crowd. For me their beat also has no appeal and just noise ( no offense ) .
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

I remember the PBA in the 90s when each team had a full brass band to back them up. Aside from the commercial jingles of their products they'd play pop hits from the era.

I want to see that return for Gilas. They can play "Noypi" by Bamboo and "Pinoy Ako" by Oranges and Lemons. Plus Queen's "We Will Rock You" with the crowd stamping and clapping along.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Had no idea that there was a clash between UF and the San Beda band during the SEABA.
    The drama had already been simmering way before SEABA. Like 2016 and the OQT.
    Keep running, big boy.

lets send the core Columbian Dyip plus D-League player for the sea games i think they can perform.

Slaughter and Aguilar i think is enough to bring GSM fans to watch the games.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

I want to point out what I think is a flawed mentality of some of our sports/basketball officials that they are very concerned about Phi basketball dominance in South East Asia that its always a must that we send a very strong team (preferably a PBA-select team) in the SEA Games para masiguro natin that the basketball gold medal won't be stolen from us. Its as if if we send only an amateur-laden team in the SEA Games & Thailand or Indonesia beats us in the gold medal game, we could no longer claim basketball supremacy in South East Asia & that Indonesia & Thailand would trumpet to the whole world, "We beat the Philippines. We are now the best basketball country in South East Asia"

I remember in the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship, we beat China twice but that was a Chinese U-23 developmental team that we beat. Would it be right that we pound our chest & trumpet to the whole world, "We beat China. WE are now better than China in basketball"?

We would be like Hector who think he killed Achilles, only to find out it was only Achilles' cousin whom he killed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-LGB9tk2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxxaLSvUQl4
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Kinda OT.
    lol they have a battle cry " laban pilipinas puso'y".

if its guiao who is going to coach this team,more likely it will be an all pro team.me thinks Adams,gray,some Uaap stars and some of the pros are enough to win the gold medal in an entertaining fashion.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

it would be at the tail end of the elims of the governors cup , probably players from eliminated teams will most likely made up the pool plus some top college guys.

Kinda OT.
    I think everyone is forgetting the definitely not baduy super cool super awesome Chooks 2 Go dancers + mascot.

SMB just erased a 25 point lead in less than 10 minutes. Just send them to Sea Games. Haha. Just a wishful thinking.
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

Quote Originally Posted by rkaede View Post
    SMB just erased a 25 point lead in less than 10 minutes. Just send them to Sea Games. Haha. Just a wishful thinking.
    ... when your coach does not know the rules of the game, then your team is truly screwed (on coach Caloy saying he does not know he can call more timeouts in that telling half) ... sorry for the sidetrack ...

Am I the only one who notices Coach Leo slowly turn away from his Jurassic ways.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Am I the only one who notices Coach Leo slowly turn away from his Jurassic ways.
    credits to him.. they fought back without depending heavily on JF..

just five players from them will be more than enough.

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast