No announcement yet.

2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d rather use him fulltime 3 and maybe 4 for a few minutes depending on who the opponent is playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
      I’d rather use him fulltime 3 and maybe 4 for a few minutes depending on who the opponent is playing.

Lol you practically echoed what I (and jahe and sk) was saying.
      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
        Lol you practically echoed what I (and jahe and sk) was saying.
        As long as its on SEA or College level. Good luck trying that in Asian level lol.

Comment

• for me Kobe is an ideal 3,if he goes to the I league he may even play 2.the guy already played wing in high school plus he has better handles than Calvin and Arwind so he can play as a wing even in Asian competitions.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
            for me Kobe is an ideal 3,if he goes to the I league he may even play 2.the guy already played wing in high school plus he has better handles than Calvin and Arwind so he can play as a wing even in Asian competitions.
            As it stands, he and BRP are our only viable replacements for Gabe.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
              As it stands, he and BRP are our only viable replacements for Gabe.
              we are in dire need of players for that position, we are even "forcing" Rosario to play 3 and he has not even played small forward in college or in the pros.Now we have Kobe who has been playing wing since high school and we are always preaching about training our 6'5 guys to play the wing, yet we want Kobe to go back to be a traditional big.I think Kobe could be a tweener but we really need him to play the wing most of the time, in the G league level he is more of a swingman.Even a guy like Kelly Williams lost his shooting touch and his dribbling when he was relegated to play power forward yet he was a shooting guard in college.Kobe has lazy tendencies yes, but he was never unskilled.

Let's get back to topic, most posts here are for the Kobe paras thread.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                I’d rather use him fulltime 3 and maybe 4 for a few minutes depending on who the opponent is playing.
                Playing Kobe at 4 at times doesn't concur with the clamor to improve the ceiling of our National team players. I think its time we do away with 6-foot-5/6-foot-6 power forwards/fours in the National team specially since we now have 6-foot-8 and above natural "fours" in the youth levels.

Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                As long as its on SEA or College level. Good luck trying that in Asian level lol.
                Maybe against lower tier Asian teams like Iraq, Palestine, Qatar, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, it can work. But against Asia's elite team, I doubt it.

Well, I would be happy to be proven wrong.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

we are in dire need of players for that position, we are even "forcing" Rosario to play 3 and he has not even played small forward in college or in the pros.Now we have Kobe who has been playing wing since high school and we are always preaching about training our 6'5 guys to play the wing, yet we want Kobe to go back to be a traditional big.I think Kobe could be a tweener but we really need him to play the wing most of the time, in the G league level he is more of a swingman.Even a guy like Kelly Williams lost his shooting touch and his dribbling when he was relegated to play power forward yet he was a shooting guard in college.Kobe has lazy tendencies yes, but he was never unskilled.

Let's get back to topic, most posts here are for the Kobe paras thread.
                  You just echoed exactly what I'm trying to point out.

Back to the original topic.

How do U see the final-12 man roster of the SEA Games team as far player composition is concerned? I see 4 or 5 college players & about 8 or 7 PBA players making up the SEA Games team. I would have love it to see more college players in the SEA Games team but I doubt that.

BTW, how would you react guys if it would be a PBA-select team (without college players) that would make up our SEAG team?

Me, I won't like it.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

How do U see the final-12 man roster of the SEA Games team as far player composition is concerned? I see 4 or 5 college players & about 8 or 7 PBA players making up the SEA Games team. I would have love it to see more college players in the SEA Games team but I doubt that.

BTW, how would you react guys if it would be a PBA-select team (without college players) that would make up our SEAG team?

Me, I won't like it.
                    If it was a PBA select team they’d dominate but it would feel a little empty. The games might become blowouts but it just wouldn’t feel as fun as team USA because at least you ge to see the nba stars play together and with the way they play you can expect a ton of noteworthy highlights. If it’s anything like the seaba it’ll just be meh.

Comment

Me, I won't like it.
                      Bugbog na masyado(FIBA ASIA Qualifiers,PBA Season,FIBA WorldCup,Easy Asia Torunament).Same goes with the non Gilas players, halos walang pahinga yan.Non stop playing will eventually take its toll. I suggest we minimize the use of PBA players or we could get "amateur" players.We may get some ABL Fil-Ams who are willing to play for the national team, heck maybe Remy Martin wouldn't be too busy.If we are to get players in the PBA, I suggest we get those who were not included in the WC. like Poy Erram,Christian Standhardinger/Mo Tautuaa and Greg Slaughter.If Wright and Lassiter are healthy then maybe they could play.A naturalized player and Kai would definitely add some quality to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        think of it, kobe can play small ball PF for us.. depends who we play.. he can play 3 or 4 for us.. if a danny seigle exist in this day and age, possible.
                        Against Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Kobe will not have any problems playing the 4.

But against China, Korea, Iran, Japan, Lebanon?

Comment

Bugbog na masyado(FIBA ASIA Qualifiers,PBA Season,FIBA WorldCup,Easy Asia Torunament).Same goes with the non Gilas players, halos walang pahinga yan.Non stop playing will eventually take its toll. I suggest we minimize the use of PBA players or we could get "amateur" players.We may get some ABL Fil-Ams who are willing to play for the national team, heck maybe Remy Martin wouldn't be too busy.If we are to get players in the PBA, I suggest we get those who were not included in the WC. like Poy Erram,Christian Standhardinger/Mo Tautuaa and Greg Slaughter.If Wright and Lassiter are healthy then maybe they could play.A naturalized player and Kai would definitely add some quality to the team.
                          I say we spare Junmar, Norwood, Japeth & Castro from playing in the SEA Games. Bugbog na talaga ang katawan ng mga players na yan, specially Junmar. They need to take a much deserved rest.

Having Perez, Bolick, Pogoy, Kiefer, Rosario, Wright, in the SEA Games is ok with me. Bata pa naman ang mga yan at hindi pa masyadong bugbog ang mga katawan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                            If it was a PBA select team they’d dominate but it would feel a little empty. The games might become blowouts but it just wouldn’t feel as fun as team USA because at least you ge to see the nba stars play together and with the way they play you can expect a ton of noteworthy highlights. If it’s anything like the seaba it’ll just be meh.
                            It would also mean a wasted opportunity for our college players to get international game exposure. I think the SEA Games is a good experience for our college players who belong to the 19-23-year-old age bracket. I would even like to see a 17-year old Kai Sotto & a 18-year old Carl Tamayo in the SEA Games.

Comment

Against Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Kobe will not have any problems playing the 4.

But against China, Korea, Iran, Japan, Lebanon?
                              of course not against china, oz, nzl, iran, lebanon type teams. kaya i said depends who we play.. on those teams i mentioned, kobe at 3 and di pwede at 4. against japan, taiwan, qatar, ASEAN teams he can play 3 and 4.. and yes i can see kobe play at 4 against japan and 3 as well..

not necessarily kobe will play back to the basket if he plays at PF.. just used his speed against those PF of said countries i mentioned and on defense kaya naman to defend the opponents PF..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• lets wait and see when kobe plays na lang
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information