2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
    I prefer that most of amateur dribbles will compose the team for sea games, at least 9, for development purpose
    It won't happen bro. Tayo kasi host eh, so we need to send the best players. Pagnatalo kasi tayo sa SEA Games basketball, malaking kahihiyan daw. Di na tayo yung basketball king of South East Asia.

Basketball king my ass
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      It won't happen bro. Tayo kasi host eh, so we need to send the best players. Pagnatalo kasi tayo sa SEA Games basketball, malaking kahihiyan daw. Di na tayo yung basketball king of South East Asia.

Basketball king my ass
      Agree. Take no chances. Especially with the possibility of an Indonesian team with Bowles and coached by Toroman. Or a Thai team with Bassey, Morgan, Lish and Lamb playing together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
        I prefer that most of amateur dribbles will compose the team for sea games, at least 9, for development purpose
        theres a lot of chance for the eligible amateurs to show their stuff.not that they are less in quality as compared to the ineligibles,they have seaba,the fiba youth tournaments and the fiba qualifying windows and the world cup,while those who are ineligible have only the sea games and the Asian games (the Olympics,that's if we qualify).I say let's give them a chance to represent their country.
        Last edited by Alex07; 08-15-2019, 06:11 AM.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
          Just my opinion but I feel mighty sports is enough exposure for these guys. Unsung college kids (non 23 for 23 cadets) should get some burn over them. They deserve it more. Fil ams with whole hearted intention to play for the country should get chosen over them too. Chris Ross Chris Banchero
          I think Ross and Banchero had their chance but they refused to take it.remember when we were almost represented by rain or shine and some players of nlex in the Asian games(I think it was last year)? Where were they? It was only lee,pringle and Standhardinger who went to join the nt practices.
          Last edited by Alex07; 08-15-2019, 06:04 AM.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
            Agree. Take no chances. Especially with the possibility of an Indonesian team with Bowles and coached by Toroman. Or a Thai team with Bassey, Morgan, Lish and Lamb playing together.
            Take no chances at the cost of young player development
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I really get the point of jamskie, its agood thing better competition for our young guys to be pushed to the limit..
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

if im not mistaken. PBA offered so theres no point for SBP to refuse PBA boards offer.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• pasaol, rike, ababou and dehesa

Top 3x3 players Alvin Pasaol and Troy Rike are among those named to the national team pool for the 3x3 competition in the Southeast Asian Games.
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

It depends on what your priorities are. If you're ok with our youngsters losing the gold in front of a hometown crowd against pro players with US NCAA D1 and D2 experience (aka Bowles and the Thai-ams) with the excuse of "minamama sila", then by all means use a purely cadet team.

I'm not against having the cadets as part of the pool and fighting for slots against the pros though. If they're good enough, then they should be included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                      I think Ross and Banchero had their chance but they refused to take it.remember when we were almost represented by rain or shine and some players of nlex in the Asian games(I think it was last year)? Where were they? It was only lee,pringle and Standhardinger who went to join the nt practices.
                      Banchero couldve been with Gilas 1 before but refused, personally i wouldnt mind, he’s really nothing special. shame about Ross though, he blossmed after the Hagop issue

Comment

• probable shoo ins
                        belga
                        cs
                        pringle
                        almazan

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                          Banchero couldve been with Gilas 1 before but refused, personally i wouldnt mind, he’s really nothing special. shame about Ross though, he blossmed after the Hagop issue
                          banchero has acl that time that’s why gilas 1 didn’t get him
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                            Banchero never refused during Gilas 1. In fact, he was even present at Gilas 1's Vegas training camp even though he was still playing for SPU. He suffered a major injury while playing his last season with SPU. He was set to join Gilas 1 final form but failed because of the injury.
                            They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                              probable shoo ins
                              belga
                              cs
                              pringle
                              almazan
                              I pity Belga for not always making the final lineup, but if Sotto is available I would still prefer the young kid over him

Comment

• How is AJ Edu's recovery btw any updates? He should get invited to SEA Games if he has free schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information