Page 91 of 144 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2862

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Also, Bball crazy, have to remember that a reinforced gilas cadets routed Myanmar by 95 sea games 2017 and Seaba gilas 100 plus if I remember it right.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/speci...2017-sea-games

^Exactly. Lets be realistic here guys, no one is beating this team and we shouldn't be worried. Nothing against people who hope they can beat us though.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Also, Bball crazy, have to remember that a reinforced gilas cadets routed Myanmar by 95 sea games 2017 and Seaba gilas 100 plus if I remember it right.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/speci...2017-sea-games
    True. Just saying Vietnam is a dark horse. You guys keep talking about Thai and Indons being a threat (Albeit a minor one), but don't mention vietnam.
    I think Vietnam will beat Singapore this year, they keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    True. Just saying Vietnam is a dark horse. You guys keep talking about Thai and Indons being a threat (Albeit a minor one), but don't mention vietnam.
    having a domestic league is a good thing like tbl (thailand), ibl (indonesia) and vba (vietnam). singapore should follow suit or else, they will be left behind in southeast asia.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Yes, that broze in the 3x3 sends a message to Indo and Thai. I think Singapore is still ahead if we base it on cohesion, experience and skills. Like I don't think Khoa is better than Wei long and Dierker is certainly not better than Goh.

I've always said that since Saigon Heat joined the ABL Vietnam has become a SEAG medal contender... Vietnam's development just means that the race for silver and bronze just got tighter...
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

will wei long wong play for sg?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    having a domestic league is a good thing like tbl (thailand), ibl (indonesia) and vba (vietnam). singapore should follow suit or else, they will be left behind in southeast asia.
    I think that's not the main reason as we also have a league, but an amateur one. Another reason is because they have much much bigger population so naturally have half bloods who play basketball at a high level in US NCAAs or HS which then were scouted to play in their local leagues elevating their level of play. Eg, Vietnam has Chris Dierker, Justin Young and many more..Thai has Tyler Lamb, Freddie Lish, Moses Morgan...Indon has Brandon Jawato etc... Singapore has nothing.
    This Viet team consists mostly of Viet-Foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Sheesh, CJ Perez probably speaks more Filipino than Martin Nievera lol.
    100% true.

But for our PBA Fil-Foreigners, it would be a plus if they can speak Filipino more that they are used to be.

Look at Bright Akhuetie and Ola Adeogun, they love the country without being a Filipino by blood and they can speak fluent in Tagalog!
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    will wei long wong play for sg?
    yes he will.

Took me a while but here is live Thais vs Indons. welcome
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Me3PS...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    ^Exactly. Lets be realistic here guys, no one is beating this team and we shouldn't be worried. Nothing against people who hope they can beat us though.
    I'm more updating on how our ladies will fare.. this is their chance to finally get a hold medal in 5x5 basketball in seagames.. women's match are far more exciting than men's match..

This indonesian team is to small I think old school bully ball will beat them easily

^ Thank you!

Uh-oh Indonesia is in deep this early.

Indonesia now down by only 12.

Jakrawan pretty quick and effective underneath. Rebounds, defends and scores well against the smaller indons. If Indonesia plays like this then Vietnam and Singapore will give them a good fight.

Coach Tim Cone said there are 4 or 5 Singaporeans who could play in the PBA.

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/gilas/new...ingapore-63846

I wonder who is he referring to? I am probably guessing Wong Wei Long, Delvin Goh as the two most obvious ones,
    Maybe Leon Kwek and Wong Zhong Han are the two other ones.

Wong Zhong Han is someone to lookout for, very fast and good scorer, if i'm not wrong I did play against him in
    a streetball setting years ago before. I remembered once he was aggressively slashing in, he just disappeared in front of me
    in a literal blink of an eye, it was like magic teleportation *Poof* gone. I instinctively turned to my right side and saw him gliding through mid-air and realized he did an incredibly superhuman fast euro step, so fast it look like he teleported. Of course he also managed to lay the ball into the hoop mid air.

No Wuysang, no Wisnu, no Sitepu. Indonesia seems willing to lose and bank on their youths for future events.

This is only a 20 point lead heading into the 4th. Which should be much bigger if you factor in that Thailand is a veteran team and they're against a smaller team in a transitional period of their program.

Habol ng konte, 14 na lang into the 4th. Nakaupo na si Lamb so baka tambakan na ito sa 4th pagpinapasok pa yan.
    Last edited by allmight; 12-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Coach Tim Cone said there are 4 or 5 Singaporeans who could play in the PBA.

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/gilas/new...ingapore-63846

I wonder who is he referring to? I am probably guessing Wong Wei Long, Delvin Goh as the two most obvious ones,
    Maybe Leon Kwek and Wong Zhong Han are the two other ones.

Wong Zhong Han is someone to lookout for, very fast and good scorer, if i'm not wrong I did play against him in
    a streetball setting years ago before. I remembered once he was aggressively slashing in, he just disappeared in front of me
    in a literal blink of an eye, it was like magic teleportation *Poof* gone. I instinctively turned to my right side and saw him gliding through mid-air and realized he did an incredibly superhuman fast euro step, so fast it look like he teleported. Of course he also managed to lay the ball into the hoop mid air.
    singapore team is actually a strong team specially the first five. only thing left for singapore team
    is depth.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Thailand beats Indonesia by 19.

Page 91 of 144 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast