Page 88 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2862

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

  1. #1741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    677
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I honestly can't blame the Indons. Our neighbors are putting effort on improving their own sports program by training their own local athletes, meanwhile our country are hoarding foreign born Filipinos to hide the fact we have sh!tty, corrupt, and disorganized sports program. Heck, I read a lot of post here encouraging race mixing so can we have advantages on physical build, lol. I mean have you seen Koreans, Japanese, Chinese with a lot of foreign born or mixed athletes? They don't need it because they can produce Olympic gold medalists and world class local talents. Not that I'm against fil-foreigners representing our country.

  2. #1742
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,831
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    I honestly can't blame the Indons. Our neighbors are putting effort on improving their own sports program by training their own local athletes, meanwhile our country are hoarding foreign born Filipinos to hide the fact we have sh!tty, corrupt, and disorganized sports program. Heck, I read a lot of post here encouraging race mixing so can we have advantages on physical build, lol. I mean have you seen Koreans, Japanese, Chinese with a lot of foreign born or mixed athletes? They don't need it because they can produce Olympic gold medalists and world class local talents. Not that I'm against fil-foreigners representing our country.
    Rui Hachimura says hi
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  3. #1743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    811
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    I honestly can't blame the Indons. Our neighbors are putting effort on improving their own sports program by training their own local athletes, meanwhile our country are hoarding foreign born Filipinos to hide the fact we have sh!tty, corrupt, and disorganized sports program. Heck, I read a lot of post here encouraging race mixing so can we have advantages on physical build, lol. I mean have you seen Koreans, Japanese, Chinese with a lot of foreign born or mixed athletes? They don't need it because they can produce Olympic gold medalists and world class local talents. Not that I'm against fil-foreigners representing our country.
    It's not that they don't need it. They're culturally not as inclusive.

    Korean example is the Sandrin Bros and Moon Tae Young and his bro. I'm sure there are Japanese and Chinese examples too.

  4. #1744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    677
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Rui Hachimura says hi
    Ehh, that's it? He's born and trained in Japan, what's wrong with that? The difference is Japan can produce 100+ Olympic gold medalist without relying too much on foreigners

  5. #1745
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,723
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Ehh, that's it? He's born and trained in Japan, what's wrong with that? The difference is Japan can produce 100+ of Olympic gold medalist without relying on foreigners
    Well most of the 3x3 team were developed here. Perkins and Newsome studied college here, Perez obviously is a local

  6. #1746
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,723
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Ehh, that's it? He's born and trained in Japan, what's wrong with that? The difference is Japan can produce 100+ Olympic gold medalist without relying too much on foreigners
    You wanna know another difference? We are a third world country therefore do not have the resources that China, Japan and Korea have.

  7. #1747
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    677
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    You wanna know another difference? We are a third world country therefore do not have the resources that China, Japan and Korea have.
    Ehhh, that's not an excuse. Korea was a third world country during the 70's and even 80's yet they won multiple gold medals. China is a literal Maoist dictatorship and they were able to obtain Olympic medals.

  8. #1748
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    You wanna know another difference? We are a third world country therefore do not have the resources that China, Japan and Korea have.


    Second world,not third world,the Philippine GDP is up par with the best in SEA.Its just not the resources its the political will and mandate that needs to be utilize also.

  9. #1749
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Ehh, that's it? He's born and trained in Japan, what's wrong with that? The difference is Japan can produce 100+ Olympic gold medalist without relying too much on foreigners
    Kai Sotto is the biggest chance to be the first pinoy in the NBA. I do think he can make it. He's really skilled. Hachimura isn't even as skilled as him, just has an NBA ready body and is more athletic.

  10. #1750
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    just to correct, rui hachimura is not totally trained in Japan.. in high school yes but the most important stage of development, college, he is US trained. same goes with yuta watanabe..

  11. #1751
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,723
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Second world,not third world,the Philippine GDP is up par with the best in SEA.Its just not the resources its the political will and mandate that needs to be utilize also.
    Third world because its still developing. The term second world refers to former communist/socialist industrial states

  12. #1752
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,897
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Well most of the 3x3 team were developed here. Perkins and Newsome studied college here, Perez obviously is a local
    Perkins, Newsome and Tautuaa may not be home grown but they are Filipinos who are living in the country. Perk and Newsome have been playing here since college. Other home growns could have caught up all those years but they didnt. What does it say when we not include Filfors for tournaments they are qualifed for? Who in the PBA would you have taken over those guys? Sanggalang was in the pool but he either quit or Tautuaa was just better. But who else, Romeo? But he wouldve been a defensive hole. Its a challenge for the homegrowns to show they are par or better. But in the PBA these guys are among the best for 3x3.

  13. #1753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    677
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Kai Sotto is the biggest chance to be the first pinoy in the NBA. I do think he can make it. He's really skilled. Hachimura isn't even as skilled as him, just has an NBA ready body and is more athletic.
    Come on, dude. How can you even say Kai is more skilled than Rui? He's already a proven player in Asia, Div 1 NCAA, and NBA so far. How can you say that when their level of competition is not even comparable. If you say that on a more neutral forum like on Reddit they'll definitely laugh at your opinion.

  14. #1754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Come on, dude. How can you even say Kai is more skilled than Rui? He's already a proven player in Asia, Div 1 NCAA, and NBA so far. How can you say that when their level of competition is not even comparable.
    Like if you compare them at the same ages it will be obvious. But yeah, even now I will still say Kai is "more skilled". More skilled doesn't necessarily mean a better player. Pros are pros because they are very consistent at a high level. Kai is more skilled but raw if that makes sense.

  15. #1755
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    677
    Country: Philippines

    Default


    Man, I don't know what you're smoking. Rui was already dominant even back when he was a teen.

  16. #1756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    811
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Comparing Philippines to Korea, Japan & China is like comparing a salaryman to MVP, RSA & Gokongwei. Sure the salaryman has potential to be those three but what's the chance can this dude have to become a billionaire without the same circumstances that these billionaire had. 5% or 1% chance? That's why there's more salarymen than billionaires.

  17. #1757
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Not black? Which means this silver medalist is pure Filipina!

    what's her name?
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  18. #1758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    811
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    what's her name?
    https://www.kimkilgroe.com/

  19. #1759
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post

    Man, I don't know what you're smoking. Rui was already dominant even back when he was a teen.
    I didn't say he wasn't dominant. You can be dominant even without being that skilled if you have the physical attributes and body.

  20. #1760
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,723
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't dominant. You can be dominant even without being that skilled if you have the physical attributes and body.
    I agree Kai is more skilled but the gap is closer than you think.

Page 88 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •