2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

With Chris Ross expressing his desire to compete in the SEA games basketball tournament, it looks like we as hosts will be using the Olympic Charter for determining player eligibility. However, this also means the Thai-Am trio of Morgan, Lish and Lamb can be fielded together; and probably the Viet-ams currently playing for the Saigon Heat in the ABL. I'm thinking we play a mix of cadets and ineligbles (including new finds Roosevelt Adams and Jeremiah Gray, plus Jason Brickman-- the Gilas stint can do away with the D-league requirement for the PBA). And include two players who we've missed seeing in a Gilas uniform-- Romeo and Abueva. They're sure to draw the crowds and will be very effective at the Southeast Asian level.

Also, what do you think of having Kai play? Kaya ba niya ang mga men's teams? I have a feeling he can do well against older players at the SEA games level.

I think the pool(fiba eligible)for sea games might be used also for the 1st round of asia cup qualifiers.If Uaap will resume their season, will SBP rely to pba again for the players?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
      I think the pool(fiba eligible)for sea games might be used also for the 1st round of asia cup qualifiers.If Uaap will resume their season, will SBP rely to pba again for the players?
      The Asia Cup qualifiers for us is basically SEABA right?

Comment

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
        The Asia Cup qualifiers for us is basically SEABA right?
        Hindi na.. may sariling home and away na sila.. the one that Guam won last november window.. sa americas nag umpisa na rin sila ng qualifiers tayo tapos na.. The best 16 teams that qualify for asia cup sila na rin yun lalari sa home and away ng 2023 world cup which we japan and indonesia are hosting

Comment

Hindi na.. may sariling home and away na sila.. the one that Guam won last november window.. sa americas nag umpisa na rin sila ng qualifiers tayo tapos na.. The best 16 teams that qualify for asia cup sila na rin yun lalari sa home and away ng 2023 world cup which we japan and indonesia are hosting
          oh man its gonna be awesome in 2023 as PH is set to be the sole host for the semis and finals for that world cup!
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

this guy want to represent
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post

this guy want to represent
              damn!
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Kiefer is a lock here if my source is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  damn!
                  Ayan na..@sk did you already convince scub to try his luck here.. especially that chooks 3x3 is ongoing..

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                    The format will use for qualifying in FIBA Asia cup is home and away basis.. 24 teams will compete and will play by Nov. 2019, Feb. 2020 and Nov. 2020.. the top 2 teams of 4 in 6 groups will directly qualify for 2021 FIBA Asia cup and the third placed team of each group will fight for last 4 remaining spots on last qualifying process on Feb. 2021...
                    So whats sbp plan about this theres nothing exciting about having. home nd away with malaysia or hong kong..

Comment

I dont know but i think SBP knows this coming already.. That's why i dont like the idea putting all-PBA line up on SEAG... We have already tons of amateur players who definitely can stand out vs SEABA teams and w/ relax rule on SEAG on fil-foreigners.. so we can put also the likes of Brandon Rosser and some of Alab fil-am mainstays.. we can still get the job done even w/o PBA players.. As for the FIBA Asia cup qualifiers, they have already set the 24 teams... I think the Eastern region and Western region will be divided... The qualified teams are already waiting for groupings... So this is the opportunity for the cadets... Unlike the World Cup qualifiers, maybe this is the easy one..
                      the question is do we have a cadets program

Comment

Ayan na..@sk did you already convince scub to try his luck here.. especially that chooks 3x3 is ongoing..
                        someone should introduce him to the Chooks to Go Management and maybe he could play here in the SEA games,the Asian games and eventually if we qualify, the Olympics is a possibility for ineligible players like him.

We will have the likes of Pringle, Ross, Standhardinger, Gray, Adams and Holt who could suit up.That's a very solid lineup IMO konting fill in the blanks na lang.
                        Last edited by Alex07; 02-27-2019, 05:20 AM.
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

my sea games line up college/D-League

Centers: Go and Kouame (naturalized)
                          Forwards: Rike, Baltazar, Tolentino, Santillan, Paras
                          Guards: Munzon, Rivero, Juan GDL, Matt Nieto, Ravena
                          LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                          Morayta

Comment

Originally posted by tootch View Post
                            my sea games line up college/D-League

Centers: Go and Kouame (naturalized)
                            Forwards: Rike, Baltazar, Tolentino, Santillan, Paras
                            Guards: Munzon, Rivero, Juan GDL, Matt Nieto, Ravena
                            Will Congress be able to naturalize Kouame in time? Baka si Brownlee pa.

My lineup

Bigs: Slaughter, Rike, Domingo, Go
                            Wings: Abueva, Ravena (Thirdy), Parks, Brownlee (if his naturalization bill is passed), Paras (if Brownlee isn’t available)
                            Guards: Romeo, Brickman, Ross,1GDL

Comment

Lets give our Gilas elite players a break

I dont know but i think SBP knows this coming already.. That's why i dont like the idea putting all-PBA line up on SEAG... We have already tons of amateur players who definitely can stand out vs SEABA teams and w/ relax rule on SEAG on fil-foreigners.. so we can put also the likes of Brandon Rosser and some of Alab fil-am mainstays.. we can still get the job done even w/o PBA players.. As for the FIBA Asia cup qualifiers, they have already set the 24 teams... I think the Eastern region and Western region will be divided... The qualified teams are already waiting for groupings... So this is the opportunity for the cadets... Unlike the World Cup qualifiers, maybe this is the easy one..
                              Same sentiments here.

I think the worst decision by SBP people here is to send the Gilas "elite" team to the 2019 SEA Games. That would be too burdensome for our Gilas elite players to prepare & play in a low-level competition in SEA Games basketball. Just let the Gilas elite team focus on the 2019 FIBA World Cup preparation & let the "cadet" pool handle the SEA Games.

We actually have 2 cadet batches: the one we had 2 or 3 years ago -Kiefer Ravena, Rayray Parks, Rosario, Belo, Matt Wright, Jalalon, Pogoy, CBC, etc. (these are holdovers of the 2017 SEA Games) and of course the current cadet pool - Bolick, CJ Perez, Thirdy Ravena, 1GDL, Kobe Paras, Tratter, Matt Nieto, Arvin Tolentino, etc. Then reinforced the team with a Standhardinger, who by the way is also a holdover of the 2017 SEA Games & 2017 Jones Cup Gilas cadet team.

I believe this pool/team would be strong enough to defend our SEA Games basketball title.

Lets give our Gilas "elite" players a break. Let's spare them from the burden of having to prepare & play in a low-level tournament. Let them focus on for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information