2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
    only saw the highlights but 81 pts by Thailand in a 40 minute game is not good defense. I agree with the ball movement though.

I disagree. Slaughter should have taken on Lamb. So he'd be led like a Lamb to the Slaughter.
    TC has a tendency to treat these games as all-star games.

I'll be damned if he is named HC post-SEA Games. I honestly don't like our chances against Korea with him on the reins.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• The Philippines reasserted its supremacy as kings of Southeast Asian Basketball as Gilas Pilipinas ran away with the gold medal at the 30th Southeast Asian Games in front of over 12,500 fans at the Mall of Asia Arena Tuesday. The all-professional quintet crushed Thailand, 115-81, for the country 18th medal since joining the biennial competition in 1979. READ MORE
      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
      Servinio's Blog of Sports
      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
        Cone coach the way that was enough the beat our SEA neighbors with 10 days practice if it was FIBA would you think cone would have prepared the team like that? Knowing he has been in the basketball for about 30years..
        Tim Cone has been coaching for 30 years yet he still don't understand how important to defend the perimeter?
        #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Lamb is really good. He is even better than Parks Jr right now. We need a player like Lamb in our Team Pilipinas, a tall shooting guard and slasher. Sadly we haven't produce a tall shooter guard yet. Sigh, if only Clarkson is eligible and if only Kobe Paras develop into a good player.

By the way, even if its expected that we will win, congratulations to Gilas Pilipinas. And congratulations to Gilas women which is a big accomplishment for our women team.
          sigpic

Comment

• Some might think I'm overreacting but you have to understand there's a high chance that SBP might reconsider and appoint Tim Cone as our 2023 Gilas Coach. If that happens we're doomed. It's not that I don't like Cone his coaching style just doesn't fit with FIBA competitions.
            #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
              Some might think I'm overreacting but you have to understand there's a high chance that SBP might reconsider and appoint Tim Cone as our 2023 Gilas Coach. If that happens we're doomed. It's not that I don't like Cone his coaching style just doesn't fit with FIBA competitions.
              Tab already said they are interviewing candidates. Its better to wait than to panic so early.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                Tab already said they are interviewing candidates. Its better to wait than to panic so early.
                Yes, I know but the problem here is would SMC even lend their players if we hire a foreign coach? What if SBP just say fvck it and assign a coach(Tim Cone) that has good connection with SMC camp so we can have the best player from the PBA. SMC don't like Tab Baldwin mind you.
                #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

Yes, I know but the problem here is would SMC even lend their players if we hire a foreign coach? What if SBP just say fvck it and assign a coach(Tim Cone) that has good connection with SMC camp so we can have the best player from the PBA. SMC don't like Tab Baldwin mind you.
                  Politics is killing PH sports. From Wesley So, to Gilas under Tab, and to the overrated but disappointing WVNT. I think we are very lucky to have the MVNT and the Gilas Women as the rays of light amidst all the darkness behind two of the most popular team sports in PH.
                  Originally posted by gideon
                  Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Tim Cone has been coaching for 30 years yet he still don't understand how important to defend the perimeter?

Its the players,coaches don't win the game but they can lose the game because of their decisions.Its just what you saw,had been a bad habit of Gilas no matter who's coaching,we have the same complaint from Reyes,Tab and Kalbo,you hear them say close the perimeter but to no avail.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                      Politics is killing PH sports. From Wesley So, to Gilas under Tab, and to the overrated but disappointing WVNT. I think we are very lucky to have the MVNT and the Gilas Women as the rays of light amidst all the darkness behind two of the most popular team sports in PH.

The WVNT is very overrated and overhyped,they actually believed without at least 2-3 players who's elevated from everyone else are not needed to win a podium finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                        The WVNT is very overrated and overhyped,they actually believed without at least 2-3 players who's elevated from everyone else are not needed to win a podium finish.
                        They actually believe we don't need a naturalized player and up to five of our best local players to finish at the podium in the SEAG. Puso lang daw ang kailangan. In Baldo We Trust daw amputa.
                        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

They actually believe we don't need a naturalized player and up to five of our best local players to finish at the podium in the SEAG. Puso lang daw ang kailangan. In Baldo We Trust daw amputa.
                          The players have also been acting like a bunch of prima donnas.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                            The players have also been acting like a bunch of prima donnas.
                            Not sure if you can say that about Jaja considering she did try to get clearance from her JP club team, but then the coaching staff still wanted her to try out first before letting her in on the team despite being the best local player in the country and better than both Baldo and Mika.
                            Last edited by judasmartel; 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Look at the Jaja situation,sure she didn't tryout,but does she needs to tryout? She's been playing with the NT for a long time,it won't take her long to know how things goes down as far as plays goes.Imagine if they have the Santiago sisters,Mau and maybe an eligible Filfor with legit credentials,it would be a very good team.I hope the MVNT keeps sending more guys overseas to play club ball,it sure did elevate the quality with just two and retain the coach at all cost. As for the WVNT,canned the coach his politicking should be kept on his personal time.You don't win games by looking good,you win by playing good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                                Look at the Jaja situation,sure she didn't tryout,but does she needs to tryout? She's been playing with the NT for a long time,it won't take her long to know how things goes down as far as plays goes.Imagine if they have the Santiago sisters,Mau and maybe an eligible Filfor with legit credentials,it would be a very good team.I hope the MVNT keeps sending more guys overseas to play club ball,it sure did elevate the quality with just two and retain the coach at all cost. As for the WVNT,canned the coach his politicking should be kept on his personal time.You don't win games by looking good,you win by playing good.
                                I don't know if the young Indon player Doni Haryono already plays in the pros but I would like to see our young gun Retamar play overseas soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information