2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    If Manuel is 6'7 he'd be slow just like most 6'5 and up Filipinos.
    that's if has the same skillset.Let's not argue about this, this is more like fantasy create player stuff..
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Olympic Superpower? 1st things first, win one Olympic Gold medal, BTW is there a country with a population of 100 million without an Olympic Gold medal?

Read this
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics...we-adjust/amp/
      Sir Dave, I will never stop believing..that's my dream all the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
        Sir Dave, I will never stop believing..that's my dream all the way.
        Yes, that actually my dream for the Philippines to win a Gold medal and for us to return to the Olympics in basketball
        Yun lang muna, sa buhay ko, it is too much to ask to be a Superpower
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          that's if has the same skillset.Let's not argue about this, this is more like fantasy create player stuff..
          Well, a 6'7 with skillet of Manuel is definitely a good NBA prospect. I'm just trying to be realistic hehe
          #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• it's also my dream to see a filipino athlete to finally get a olympic gold medal.

Next year in tokyo is our biggest chance we have current world champions carlos yulo (gymnast) and nesthy petecio(boxing)

Eumir marcial has a shot too.

Btw congrats to our all athletes and administration for very successful SEA games hosting, we have still a long way to go but if we continue to support our athletes they will deliver.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
              Are you guys talking about the Derrick Michael kid? Isn't he only 6'7?
              no not him
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Yes, that actually my dream for the Philippines to win a Gold medal and for us to return to the Olympics in basketball
                Yun lang muna, sa buhay ko, it is too much to ask to be a Superpower
                i hope and pray we can. singapore did it.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  i hope and pray we can. singapore did it.
                  Considering the size of our population and how popular basketball is, it's really disappointing that we haven't won an Olympic Gold medal and "produced" an NBA player. There is no other way to look at it other than we've done very poor in developing athletes
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                    no not him
                    You got any pics/vids or names of these kids?

Comment

Considering the size of our population and how popular basketball is, it's really disappointing that we haven't won an Olympic Gold medal and "produced" an NBA player. There is no other way to look at it other than we've done very poor in developing athletes
                      its only now that our athletes have had ample support from government and private sector. look at sea games. although not all athletes but still this sea games many athletes got financial backing. with the current world class facilities we have now at clark, there is now a venue albeit a world class venue where they can hone their skills.

Comment

Kai Sotto will be the first pinoy NBA player. Olympic Gold in Basketball is almost impossible with USA and all the strong countries in Europe.

Comment

• Mansueto “Onyok” Velasco is a virtual Olympic gold medalist. That finals match stands as one of the most horrendous robberies of all time. Of course we can’t lay claim on what ifs. But it surely shows that getting Olympic gold isn’t exactly a tall order. We just have to identify the disciplines wherein we really have a decent shot.
                          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• There are only 13 countries in the world with populations of over 100 million people: China, India, the United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Mexico, Japan, Ethiopia, and the Philippines.

Of the 13, only Bangladesh and the Philippines have never won an Olympic gold.

Comment

• I do believe we have enough talents to produce an Olympic gold medalist. The problem is the lack of decent sport programs, funding, world class facilities and worst of all corruption. Outside of popular sports like Basketball and women's volleyball there isn't much support.
                              #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                                Kai Sotto will be the first pinoy NBA player. Olympic Gold in Basketball is almost impossible with USA and all the strong countries in Europe.
                                It's too early to say at this point, tbh. Internet hype doesn't mean he can reach the NBA that easily. Once Kai plays in a much higher level competition he won't get 15-20 minutes of playing time instantly he still has to fight for minutes and prove his worth.
                                #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information