2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
    I don't know if the young Indon player Doni Haryono already plays in the pros but I would like to see our young gun Retamar play overseas soon.

So many untapped potentials in the MVNT,there's gotta be at least 4 more players who can play at above level and should leave the country and play overseas.

Comment

• I think SBP already learned their lesson from yeng guiao experience... I believe they are not that dump to commit the same mistake again

.tab is already planning its a good sign, it's better to build a young team that has more time to prepare than PBA players with only few days preparation. if mananakot ulit PBA i think di na kakagat SBP... i hope...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
        Tab is already planning its a good sign, it's better to build a young team that has more time to prepare than PBA players with only few days preparation. if mananakot ulit PBA i think di na kakagat SBP... i hope...
        The less PBA players and the more young players on the roster, the better. That way we don't lose too much even if the PBA refuses to lend its best players.

If we get a better quality NT out of the players outside of the PBA then we don't need to rely on the PBA anymore and we get to enjoy the bansot basketball we like so much.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
          Tim Cone has been coaching for 30 years yet he still don't understand how important to defend the perimeter?
          I think the preparation has to a lot to do with that Tim knew they would be facing in inferior opposition maybe on the 10 days training they focused more on their offensive sets..

Comment

• There is no hagop shit in volleyball. With almost no stupid leaders in mens volleyball, getting young athletic and tall filams to create a far more savage frontline can take as little as two years.

For the gilas nt, it is imperative that they get asap at least two explosive wings (6'8 to 6'10 local or naturalized sg and sf). Lamb already showed how puny our perimeter fighters are against any good asian caliber player. The inferiority of pba players on this matter has to be publicly accepted, or no solution is ever forthcoming. The pba cant stop the music. Cant stop anything above chicken wings either.

Alleged phenoms like alyssa n kiefer will fall flat always even at just asian fighting.

Comment

I don't know if the young Indon player Doni Haryono already plays in the pros but I would like to see our young gun Retamar play overseas soon.
              It will be hard for Retamar to find work overseas, as foreign setters are not as in demand compared to hitters/blockers.

(and understandably so, to be honest)

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                It will be hard for Retamar to find work overseas, as foreign setters are not as in demand compared to hitters/blockers.

(and understandably so, to be honest)
                Hmm, interesting.

Why are hitters and blockers such in demand in foreign leagues overseas? Is this due to the high ceiling and/or skill required in these positions?

And also, what caused VB teams in Thailand and Japan to try and get more Filipino hitters these days?

Do certain regions excel in specific positions just like in basketball (Asian teams usually try to get bigs, Middle Easterns wings, and Europeans PGs) and football (from what I noticed if a football team wants to have a more technical player they usually try to get an Asian like a Japanese or a Korean, but if they want a workhorse they try to get an African)?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Malabunga, is he tall enough to be an international level blocker or no?
                Last edited by judasmartel; 12-10-2019, 09:32 PM.
                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• is it bad that I want Tim Cone to Coach for the first window and be humiliated by Korea? this would serve as a wake up call (how many wake up calls do we need?)??

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                    is it bad that I want Tim Cone to Coach for the first window and be humiliated by Korea? this would serve as a wake up call (how many wake up calls do we need?)??
                    first 2 games in february are against thailand and indonesia.. the SoKor game is next year november
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      first 2 games in february are against thailand and indonesia.. the SoKor game is next year november
                      damn, so most likely SBP would not take the February games seriously...

Comment

Hmm, interesting.

Why are hitters and blockers such in demand in foreign leagues overseas? Is this due to the high ceiling and/or skill required in these positions?

And also, what caused VB teams in Thailand and Japan to try and get more Filipino hitters these days?

Do certain regions excel in specific positions just like in basketball (Asian teams usually try to get bigs, Middle Easterns wings, and Europeans PGs) and football (from what I noticed if a football team wants to have a more technical player they usually try to get an Asian like a Japanese or a Korean, but if they want a workhorse they try to get an African)?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Malabunga, is he tall enough to be an international level blocker or no?

Heck even American football is recruiting Aus/NZ rugby players as Linebackers and Defensive Ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                          is it bad that I want Tim Cone to Coach for the first window and be humiliated by Korea? this would serve as a wake up call (how many wake up calls do we need?)??
                          If we win Thailand and Indonesia even if we lose big to Korea it's still not enough. At this point, we need the second incarnation of the Paranaque Jets (maybe an MPBL team beating Gilas?), Gilas finishing dead last again in 2023 (very likely if things don't change), and FIBA handing us the ban hammer (if SBP royally screws up) for PH basketball at large to wake up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            from all of our asean neighbors, i think thailand has the biggest chance to break their competitiveness in asian-level. the team has decent-size and quickness to compete against the likes of india, bahrain, saudi arabia, hong kong, guam and even chinese-taipei.

chanthchon (6'5), klahan (6'7), jakrawan (6'7), langsui (6'6) and there are atleast 10 players standing 6'5 or taller in the rotation of tbl teams. imo, thai's success in asian level will depend on the system of the coach.
                            Last edited by ja.he; 12-11-2019, 12:44 AM.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                              What is the average margin of victory here for Gilas I think the lowest winning margin the had was 27 pts. Against Indonesia in the semis?.. total overkill.. 10 day practice and still with wide margins and pa pitiks2x na laro, imagine what a well prepared Gilas that had no respect for the opponent would have done against our SEA neighbors...
                              You will look hood really of your against weak opposition... Just like boxers pitted against Trike driver, they will look loke world champions but against wuality opponents they get exposed... Same thing also with Gilas here, they looked so dominant against weaker opposition against ASEAN countries but gets raped by Sokor...

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                from all of our asean neighbors, i think thailand has the biggest chance to break their competitiveness in asian-level. the team has decent-size and quickness to compete against the likes of india, bahrain, saudi arabia, hong kong, guam and even chinese-taipei.

chanthchon (6'5), klahan (6'7), jakrawan (6'7), langsui (6'6) and there are atleast 10 players standing 6'5 or taller in the rotation of tbl teams. imo, thai's success in asian level will depend on the system of the coach.
                                di rin...hahaha they are insular in asean level imo..kita kagabiyeah they stopped big manuel but indonesia played better than them
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information