Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    The problem is that some of our SEA neighbors have gone beyond being mere mice. When a team like Thailand is capable to fielding 4 players with D1 or D2 experience, three of which are veteran pros, you can’t take them lightly.
    What I want to imply here is that we shouldn't send a team to the SEA Games with the sole purpose of winning the gold while taking for granting player development. If we are only concerned about winning the SEA Games basketball gold medal (and nothing else) then we send no less than the best of the best of the PBA - the Junmar Fajardos, the Jayson Castros, the Marcio Lassiters, the Japeth Aguilars, the Christian Standhardingers, the Stanley Pringles, the Moala Tautuaa, etc. But with this super strong line-up, what else would we gain aside from winning the SEA Games basketball gold?

The point here is, finding the balance between winnability & player development. The idea therefore of a line up of a mix PBA & collegiate players is the best option. The desire to win the basketball gold should be there but not at all cost. Not at the cost of player development.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

SEA games, bro. FIBA eligibility rules don't apply. They can field Bassey, Morgan, Lamb and Lish together.
    Oh yeah I forgot. Thanks. Anyway I also forgot, bassey is still playing in the NCAA? Maybe he won't be available. Anyway, if I'm coaching the all amateur team, I'll hVe this printed out and posted in the locker room too

"Thailand with Thai American's Morgan and Lamb plus 6-8 Klahan Patiphan and 6-9 Chanatip Jakrawan will be a handful. And Indonesia with Toroman as Coach and Bowles as naturalized will caused problem to an all amateur team"

Seriously, yeah, Thailand might be tougher than I initially thought but I'll still go with my 11+Blatche. Gold may not be guaranteed but excitement is.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Seriously, yeah, Thailand might be tougher than I initially thought but I'll still go with my 11+Blatche. Gold may not be guaranteed but excitement is.
    Our sports officials would have some sleepless nights worrying about the danger of losing the SEA Games basketball gold medal either to the Thais or the Indonesians.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

SEA games, bro. FIBA eligibility rules don't apply. They can field Bassey, Morgan, Lamb and Lish together.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Our sports officials would have some sleepless nights worrying about the danger of losing the SEA Games basketball gold medal either to the Thais or the Indonesians.
    I see it takes a lot of political will there

Oh yeah I forgot. Thanks. Anyway I also forgot, bassey is still playing in the NCAA? Maybe he won't be available. Anyway, if I'm coaching the all amateur team, I'll hVe this printed out and posted in the locker room too

"Thailand with Thai American's Morgan and Lamb plus 6-8 Klahan Patiphan and 6-9 Chanatip Jakrawan will be a handful. And Indonesia with Toroman as Coach and Bowles as naturalized will caused problem to an all amateur team"

No need for Blatche. Pati ba naman SEABA levels team kaipangan pa natin ng naturalized player.. It should be Collegiate players plus some PBA players for veteran leadership...

I see it takes a lot of political will there
    Not political will bro but slipping pills para makatulog sila

just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    No need for Blatche. Pati ba naman SEABA levels team kaipangan pa natin ng naturalized player.. It should be Collegiate players plus some PBA players for veteran leadership...
    Anung development meron sa established PBA pros sa SEA games? Between 7+5 pros and 11+blatche, which is the more developmental approach? And as if we didn't field in blatche in an asean level tournament before. Puro pros pa nga kasama. Two things, Indonesia has bowles and I want Kai to have the opportunity to play and train extensively with blatche.

Anung development meron sa established PBA pros sa SEA games? Between 7+5 pros and 11+blatche, which is the more developmental approach? And as if we didn't field in blatche in an asean level tournament before. Puro pros pa nga kasama. Two things, Indonesia has bowles and I want Kai to have the opportunity to play and train extensively with blatche.
    For Kai's development , dont get Blatche as Blatche will play 35 minites and Kai playing on crumbs... When I say PBA players, those players that have a realistic chance of making it to the 2023 team not the Aguilars, Ross, Pringle kind...if we go All Collegiate, there ia a good chance od upset loss as sino ang magiging go go guy or be the leader when the going gets tough. They need veteran leadership for guidance...

Slaughter for AJ Edu's slot.Either him or Junmar to guide the younger Sotto.I expect those 3(Kai,AJ and Junmar) to be in the 2023 roster.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

this guy is no joke.he's got height/length,atheticism and skill.Si Rosario medyo nahirapan dito sa match up nila that 's why we should not take Thailand for granted.Although we shouldn't be too concerned but baka magkagulatan,not to mention Thailand can also parade a couple of their foreign born players.Maybe Kai can match up with this kid but we also need tall,reliable veterans to make sure things will get the job done properly.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

For Kai's development , dont get Blatche as Blatche will play 35 minites and Kai playing on crumbs... When I say PBA players, those players that have a realistic chance of making it to the 2023 team not the Aguilars, Ross, Pringle kind...if we go All Collegiate, there ia a good chance od upset loss as sino ang magiging go go guy or be the leader when the going gets tough. They need veteran leadership for guidance...
    What makes you think kai will play on crumbs in that set up? Don't you think they can even be fielded in at the same time? And its not like every team will have a denzdl bowles who'll just bully ball Kai sotto.

PBA players who stand chance to make the 2023 lineup - names like bollick, perez, Rosario etc? What do they get from a stint at the SEA games? From the world cup to the southrast Asian games? I'm sorry but that does not makes sense to me at all.

sabihin na nilang overkill but if Brownlee is not naturalized in time for the SEA games then maybe we could tap Blatche for one last time.Blatche,Kai and Standhardinger in the front court we may not opt to get Slaughter anymore(pero pwede rin so Kai may play power forward most of the time,Blatche and Greg alternating in the center position).If Roose Adams is eligible then maybe we could get him too(as a temporary Norwood replacement).

What makes you think kai will play on crumbs in that set up? Don't you think they can even be fielded in at the same time? And its not like every team will have a denzdl bowles who'll just bully ball Kai sotto.

PBA players who stand chance to make the 2023 lineup - names like bollick, perez, Rosario etc? What do they get from a stint at the SEA games? From the world cup to the southrast Asian games? I'm sorry but that does not makes sense to me at all.
    Because Blatche will play 35 minutes and Standhardinger/ Baltazar and Go will play the entire 40mins at PF.... Kaya wag na isama si Blatche.. Maybe Slaughter at 20-20minutes sila ni Kai...

Well, hopefully a W so they don't forget how that feels like. 6 amateurs, 6 pros works for me. we can even go 7-5.

That Chanatip Jakrawan kid has the physique of Rak en Roll. Pero ang layo sa skill set. The guy is Japeth with a dribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kai has already proven he won't get pushed around anymore by most bugs. Frolling, the Argentines, and even against that Serbian twin towers who are considered NBA draft prospects next year and here we are worrying about some 6'8 lanky Thai? Blatche will be there to neutralize bowles and we will also have go, balti and Tamayo who most of you consider as future Gilas bigs? What's to worry about the front line there? We'll be unmatched at the shaded lane. If the Thai-ams all play, that's actually the fun part. That'll be tough and will be a good chance to test our wings and back court. Kobe, Thirdy, abando, dave, Juan, it's time to get them tested.

Kai has already proven he won't get pushed around anymore by most bugs. Frolling, the Argentines, and even against that Serbian twin towers who are considered NBA draft prospects next year and here we are worrying about some 6'8 lanky Thai? Blatche will be there to neutralize bowles and we will also have go, balti and Tamayo who most of you consider as future Gilas bigs? What's to worry about the front line there? We'll be unmatched at the shaded lane. If the Thai-ams all play, that's actually the fun part. That'll be tough and will be a good chance to test our wings and back court. Kobe, Thirdy, abando, dave, Juan, it's time to get them tested.
    Why bother including Blatche.. We have CS and maybe Slaughter plus Balti and Go.... Thats more than enough to cover against Bowles.. If we included Blatche, it means that we are not confident enough of Kai, GS, Balti and Go...

Quote Originally Posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
    Well, hopefully a W so they don't forget how that feels like. 6 amateurs, 6 pros works for me. we can even go 7-5.

That Chanatip Jakrawan kid has the physique of Rak en Roll. Pero ang layo sa skill set. The guy is Japeth with a dribble.

7+5 should've been done in the recent world cup if we talk of development and continuity, not in the SEA games

Quote Originally Posted by shootingbwakaw View Post

7+5 should've been done in the recent world cup if we talk of development and continuity, not in the SEA games

You're looking at his highlights against a Malaysian team. And he has ordinary hops, far from that of japeth

Why bother including Blatche.. We have CS and maybe Slaughter plus Balti and Go.... Thats more than enough to cover against Bowles.. If we included Blatche, it means that we are not confident enough of Kai, GS, Balti and Go...
    We're worried about the match up with bowles, nothing to be ashamed of admitting that. Plus, we want kai being mentored by blatche. That's for development.

The problem with Coach Tim is he favors veterans than development. He is known as rookie killer in PBA. I hope MVP and SBP will still be the one to decide the roster,not him. Let us not be afraid, this is for the preparation for world cup. And we have the best youth roster this generation,let us not be afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast