Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2862

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    since half blood is the topic then include wright and lassiter.
    My point is even we use 3 ineligible players as advantage former gilas was stronger and dominant
    Last edited by drrrrrr; 12-06-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    since half blood is the topic then include wright and lassiter.
    You forget we had Blatche. Thats a pretty significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    You forget we had Blatche. Thats a pretty significant difference.
    dray didn’t play against Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by drrrrrr View Post
    dray didn’t play against Vietnam
    I stand corrected. Maybe the 5 or so Vietfors also made a difference.

This gilas while "lazy" still feels like a better team then the world cup version lol.

You guys are overreacting lol. This is a meaningless tournament. The real test to whether or not gilas is trash will be in fiba tourneys

Cone maximizes his bigs. He can get the best effort from everyone because they know somebody is relieving them. CS, Japeth, JF and Greg can score and defend. Its hard to defend and score on them for 40 minutes or so.

The next thing would be too see them without the ineligible guards Pringle and Ross. Bollick and Perez wont be enough. Maybe Nieto can swap for Tenorio.

Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    This gilas while "lazy" still feels like a better team then the world cup version lol.
    Because kots Yeng's system relies heavily on familiarity and chemistry inside the court which they can't develop in 3 months. Makes me wonder why sbp hired him knowing all this and the mediocre Asian games showing. I think no one was brave enough that time to coach gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Because kots Yeng's system relies heavily on familiarity and chemistry inside the court which they can't develop in 3 months. Makes me wonder why sbp hired him knowing all this and the mediocre Asian games showing. I think no one was brave enough that time to coach gilas.
    It was more on the lines of “who wants the job? Nobody”.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    In this 10-0 run you can see that Chot's bara-bara whatever offense is better than what they're running now.

Is it possible to bring in that ddm or ddo then just put some specialized play during Fiba tourneys?
    It works because all Pinoys, native or Fil For, have experience with that offense one way or the other.

If Tab were just more flexible and let us play our game in spurts during OQT, we might have stolen one over NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Nainis ako kay Andy Jao when he said the other ASEAN teams are sending “amateur” teams. Guy is living in the 90s.
    Andy Jao logic: Players not in the PBA = Amateurs

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    It was more on the lines of “who wants the job? Nobody”.
    TC is lucky his gold finish is assured before he even took the job. I'm sure most coaches before him would love to be in that position..

If you guys think Yeng is a jerk then listen to Chris Daleo(Thai coach) and how he scolds his team:

https://youtu.be/EmHEaH20q-8?t=170

BTW, he's one of the coaching candidates for Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by j_diddy View Post
    If you guys think Yeng is a jerk then listen to Chris Daleo(Thai coach) and how he scolds his team:

https://youtu.be/EmHEaH20q-8?t=170

BTW, he's one of the coaching candidates for Gilas.
    This guy will get punched here. Yeng's advantage over him is that he's also a politician.

Edit: I have to also say that this is what SBP nd gilas needs. A tab or daleo type of coach that they should allow to be as candid to them as possible. This was why tab got demoted as he said himself.

i rewatched the game between korea and the philippines in 2017 asia cup. i can point the turning points of that game -

1. the insertion of romeo - as good as romeo, he is a disruptor in our offensive flow. when gave us firepower in the first half to keep it close but killed the momentum of his other teammates.

2. the insertion of junmar - won he came from injury, junmar is still slow against the korean bigs. his poor pick and roll defense spells doom for us. imo, we should have stucked with cs, japeth and almazan for the remainder of the game.

romeo killed our offense while junmar killed our defense.

3. we are poor in perimeter defense as well as to defend the pick and roll - we are totally lost of the screen resulting to either korea's successful execution of pick and roll, a wide open three, or someone was able to cut and slipped to the basket. we tend to double team at the top. we also tend to double team in general which is not really a good decision in fiba set up.

what it's connection to our current sea games campaign? because we are committing the same mistakes from 2 years ago. we are only in sea games competition and we are already struggling to defend those guys. results and stats can be deceiving as to how our team fare in a particular game.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

the vietnam.team that we faced in last seaba consists of a guy who is a taekwondo athlete in his prime.. yeah their top big is a taekwondo practioner...

Diyos ko po mahabagin
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Dierker had 28 points and also double digit in rebounds.I guess that's the weakness of this Gilas team.If the other team has a mobile big (6'6 and above) that could run the break and take it to the basket.Vietnam's Dierker is good enough to run the fast break and is good enough to make consistent three's that's why he scored that much.Our bigs are a bit slow in going down, while our guards will be too weak to stop that big specially if he is strong with enough handles to take the ball to the basket. Another thing that would be too hard to stop are those big enough players (6'5 and above) that can shoot well from the three's.Most specially if they are a dead shot and if they have a quick release. The reason why we are having trouble with European teams. That's why we have to make Tyler Lamb and of course Thailand's other shooters to miss a lot of shot without fouling too much. Junmar will always be the other team's problem while we have yet to see Chris Ross getting double digits in scoring.If guys like Pringle,Lassiter,Wright lights up the board,and Junmar picking up the rebounds coming from the misses and turning it into points, it's game over for any SEA games team.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    i rewatched the game between korea and the philippines in 2017 asia cup. i can point the turning points of that game -

1. the insertion of romeo - as good as romeo, he is a disruptor in our offensive flow. when gave us firepower in the first half to keep it close but killed the momentum of his other teammates.

2. the insertion of junmar - won he came from injury, junmar is still slow against the korean bigs. his poor pick and roll defense spells doom for us. imo, we should have stucked with cs, japeth and almazan for the remainder of the game.

romeo killed our offense while junmar killed our defense.

3. we are poor in perimeter defense as well as to defend the pick and roll - we are totally lost of the screen resulting to either korea's successful execution of pick and roll, a wide open three, or someone was able to cut and slipped to the basket. we tend to double team at the top. we also tend to double team in general which is not really a good decision in fiba set up.

what it's connection to our current sea games campaign? because we are committing the same mistakes from 2 years ago. we are only in sea games competition and we are already struggling to defend those guys. results and stats can be deceiving as to how our team fare in a particular game.
    i dunno why rewatched an awful game from 2 yrs ago..

no need to watch that again to make a post like this

and it’s like tim cone will coach this team after the february window or after the sea games..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    i dunno why rewatched an awful game from 2 yrs ago..

no need to watch that again to make a post like this

and it’s like tim cone will coach this team after the february window or after the sea games..
    hmm maybe because we played awful defensively against our asean neighbors which was really reminiscent of our awful korean match minus the three point shots (sorry vietnamese and singaporean friends hehe).
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Dierker had 28 points and also double digit in rebounds.I guess that's the weakness of this Gilas team.If the other team has a mobile big (6'6 and above) that could run the break and take it to the basket.Vietnam's Dierker is good enough to run the fast break and is good enough to make consistent three's that's why he scored that much.Our bigs are a bit slow in going down, while our guards will be too weak to stop that big specially if he is strong with enough handles to take the ball to the basket. Another thing that would be too hard to stop are those big enough players (6'5 and above) that can shoot well from the three's.Most specially if they are a dead shot and if they have a quick release. The reason why we are having trouble with European teams. That's why we have to make Tyler Lamb and of course Thailand's other shooters to miss a lot of shot without fouling too much. Junmar will always be the other team's problem while we have yet to see Chris Ross getting double digits in scoring.If guys like Pringle,Lassiter,Wright lights up the board,and Junmar picking up the rebounds coming from the misses and turning it into points, it's game over for any SEA games team.
    I believe only 9 rebs which is negligible if it's not double digits anyway since he dominated his matchups. I really believe that Gilas underestimated Vietnam. They think that Vietnam only beat Singapore by what 20 + so they know they can't beat them.

I think what off thing we can't pinpoint in this Gilas team is the lack of polis or quickness in every off and def sets that it looks so lame and not as impressive or dominating.

Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast