Page 109 of 144 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2862

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

  1. #2161
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,847
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    You can say that with a lot of PBA players, lol.
    Manuel is different beast, He is as tough as they come with pretty good low post move and a very reliable mid range game and when he looks at you will be scared.. lol

  2. #2162
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,736
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Lol Vietnam Coach "don't let the fans feel the satisfaction of a 50 pt. win"..
    Sayang. We have to do with just 40 points lol

  3. #2163
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,847
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    What a shame.. I was hoping they can keep the game close. Vietnam is going to be good 3-5 years from now.
    Are all their Viet-ams FIBA eligible?

  4. #2164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    820
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Are all their Viet-ams FIBA eligible?
    I believe no.

  5. #2165
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,927
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    those opponents offensive rebounds, pick and roll and perimeter defenses are still the same complaints i have in this gilas team. little things but great affects the game. just imagine we are against the likes of china, korea and even japan.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  6. #2166
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,847
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Sayang. We have to do with just 40 points lol
    A little succes for Vietnam.. like their coach also said "You'll never know you might see these guys again".. they have set the pretty high expectations for themselves in this SEA... Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia battling it out for that Silver...

  7. #2167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    681
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Manuel is different beast, He is as tough as they come with pretty good low post move and a very reliable mid range game and when he looks at you will be scared.. lol
    To be honest with you I'm not a huge fan of undersized forward. He's decent enough in PBA and SEA but kakainin lang siya ng mga taller PFs and Centers in Asia. For me having a good defensive forwards is much more important than a scoring one.

  8. #2168
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,736
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Honestly I think Rosario has improved as a 3 offensively. He showed it in the 4th. The problem is we need a big who can guard an SF (Edu?)lol

  9. #2169
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,229
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Are all their Viet-ams FIBA eligible?
    no. i wish they are all eligible tho.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  10. #2170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    681
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    those opponents offensive rebounds, pick and roll and perimeter defenses are still the same complaints i have in this gilas team. little things but great affects the game. just imagine we are against the likes of china, korea and even japan.
    Seems their coach is also aware of our poor perimeter defense. He let his players shoot from 3s unfortunately they can't convert a lot of them

  11. #2171
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,736
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Good thing its just SEA competition. We desperately need a foreign coach who can solve the issues we are currently having on defense and offense

  12. #2172
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,927
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Honestly I think Rosario has improved as a 3 offensively. He showed it in the 4th. The problem is we need a big who can guard an SF (Edu?)lol
    it is easier to be an offensive wing but hard to become a defensive wing. that's the reason why defensive skills is the determining factor what position they will play. that's the reason why i am not sold with how kobe plays defense. he has shot blocking ability but what we would like him to see is his laterals.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  13. #2173
    Senior Member j_diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Seems their coach is also aware of our poor perimeter defense. He let his players shoot from 3s unfortunately they can't convert a lot of them
    Well, Tim told our players during the first timeout to "let them take their lousy threes.."

  14. #2174
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,229
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Seems their coach is also aware of our poor perimeter defense. He let his players shoot from 3s unfortunately they can't convert a lot of them
    actuall no. they dont have any threat inside. only chance is take threes.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  15. #2175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    681
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_diddy View Post
    Well, Tim told our players during the first timeout to "let them take their lousy threes.."
    That's always been his mentality. Let the opponent take 3s and hope they will miss. You can not do that with a lot of top teams in Asia because they will punish you.

  16. #2176
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,927
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    That's always been his mentality. Let the opponent take 3s and hope they will miss. You can not do that with a lot of top teams in Asia because they will punish you.
    yeah, he was indeed punished by south korea 21 years ago - 103-83.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  17. #2177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,057
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Nainis ako kay Andy Jao when he said the other ASEAN teams are sending “amateur” teams. Guy is living in the 90s.

  18. #2178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    681
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    yeah, he was indeed punished by south korea 21 years ago - 103-83.
    He hasn't learned anything since, ehh? Did he even watch our performance in recent WC? That should've been an eye opener already.

  19. #2179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    820
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Nainis ako kay Andy Jao when he said the other ASEAN teams are sending “amateur” teams. Guy is living in the 90s.
    Yes that was really weird and kinda miss informed veiwers.

  20. #2180
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,847
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    He hasn't learned anything since, ehh? Did he even watch our performance in recent WC? That should've been an eye opener already.
    Yeng Guiao got the Gilas job after the Asian Games I don't know why he got it, that Asian Games under achieve with Clarkson on the team his Gilas still ended got 0 medal,

    Now would this be TC's audition for Gilas? But unlike Yeng I hope will decline offers from SBP to coach Gilas our 2023 Gilas

Page 109 of 144 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •