Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Southeast Asian Games (Nov 30-Dec 11, 2019) Manila/Subic/Clark

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I thought that was Quiambao or Lantaya. Didn’t the game happen just shortly after the u19?
    talking about bigs,I think he can also be matched up against Demisana.There are a lot of good sized players that we can train in the future.Aside from Demisana,there is Carino,Lantaya,Cortez etc.too bad Holmqvist want back to europe.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Tbh im actually happy for indonesian basketball. They will have continuity in their program with rajko overseeing everything. Hopefully in a few years they can be as competitive as some middle east countries. BUT Of course I still want us to be kings of SEA or even ASIA (not including oceania).

Quote Originally Posted by cuec View Post
    Tbh im actually happy for indonesian basketball. They will have continuity in their program with rajko overseeing everything. Hopefully in a few years they can be as competitive as some middle east countries. BUT Of course I still want us to be kings of SEA or even ASIA (not including oceania).
    me including oceania...as if they are not beatable..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

they now have a solid program with the right person at the helm. thohir has deep pockets so budget is not an issue. they also have good grassroots programs as well and its not commercialized like UAAP and NCAA. im happy for our indonesian brothers. hope they can compete toe to toe with PH in the next few years. their program should start in this years U16. we'll see.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    me including oceania...as if they are not beatable..
    One team is almost unbeatable. The other one we can win against on a good day. But not with the current roster and coaches.. pre brawl siguro. Our current team is so dysfunctional

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    very excited for SEA Games but not for basketball but for e-Sports. might actually go PH just to see the medal rounds of the e-Sports. hope its in clark tho or MOA so that its near the airport.
    I used to play a lot of dota but that was the dota 1 version we also joined local tournaments here in our area, E-sports has come a long way since then but I've read that the dota players that will be playing in the SEA Games are not our top tier players but rather the players who joined and won the qualifiers which means we might not have our best dota players play for Philippines in the SEA Games..

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    I used to play a lot of dota but that was the dota 1 version we also joined local tournaments here in our area, E-sports has come a long way since then but I've read that the dota players that will be playing in the SEA Games are not our top tier players but rather the players who joined and won the qualifiers which means we might not have our best dota players play for Philippines in the SEA Games..
    If the PBA will send their best basketball players to form the team for SEA Games. Since there are no particular eligibility issues except for only 1 naturalized player per team.
    OT:
    Trike Gutierrez should also form the best pinoy team possible with Abed,Gabbi,Kuku,Tims,DJ. Malaysia will come out strong with Midone,Moon,Ohaiyo,Mushi,XNova. Just super excited for this event lol

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    what was the team that almost beat Tab-led seagames? thai?
    That Thai team was a veteran-laden squad who bullied and outsmarted our Cadets. If not for our guards' skills and Kuya Marcus we would've lost that game. We had no answer for Wutipong Dasom
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    That Thai team was a veteran-laden squad who bullied and outsmarted our Cadets. If not for our guards' skills and Kuya Marcus we would've lost that game. We had no answer for Wutipong Dasom
    we were lucky that time. that team led by tab had so many problems i think they only had 2 weeks of practice.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

just goes to show that SEA games gold will only be in the bag if we prepare adequately. Gone are the days when we win the gold just by sending any team.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

If the PBA will send their best basketball players to form the team for SEA Games. Since there are no particular eligibility issues except for only 1 naturalized player per team.
    OT:
    Trike Gutierrez should also form the best pinoy team possible with Abed,Gabbi,Kuku,Tims,DJ. Malaysia will come out strong with Midone,Moon,Ohaiyo,Mushi,XNova. Just super excited for this event lol
    Maybe in Esports Phil. may politics narin... There are about 15 players who can represent our country that would easily take the gold sa Dota 2, TI9 TNC predator(kuku, eyyou, tims, gabbi, armel) sure na gold dyan ei.

I think we have the same problem in basketball as in e sports. Are the TNC boys willing to play in a non-bearing tournament such the SEAG? I mean its' not part of the pro circuit...
    And IIRC the TNC boys and the other Pinoy pros were already directly invited to the pool. SIBOL was created to fill the missing spots.
    -Margaret Mead

Glad to hear we are still a powerhouse in Dota. Never played the game but that win against G2 got me excited when I first saw it in youtube. Hopefully we can do the same things in other games

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Glad to hear we are still a powerhouse in Dota. Never played the game but that win against G2 got me excited when I first saw it in youtube. Hopefully we can do the same things in other games
    Yes we are still a powerhouse. I believe we have produced the most DotA 2 players (outside the Chinese of course) to play in TI (world cup of dota). But a possible super team from malaysia, singapore and even indonesia can pull off an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Depends on what team we send. With Bowles we can never tell.
    Bowles & Toroman in the side of Indonesia would be an interesting challenge for our team.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Does anyone have any insight what the best possible indonesian team would look like including ineligibles?

Standhardinger, Pringle lead 24-man Gilas pool of PBA, college players for SEA Games

Panlilio didn’t mention all the members of the pool but rattled off names such as Christian Standhardinger and Stanley Pringle, and collegiate standouts Thirdy Ravena and Isaac Go during an ambush interview held after Tuesday’s SBP press conference at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Gregorio said it was SBP chairman emeritus Manny V. Pangilinan who insisted that the SEA Games team should be a mixture of PBA and college players.

=====================
    Maybe its 4 players each from ateneo core + up core + pba

thirdy
    go
    navarro
    nieto

jgdl
    jgdl
    ricci
    kobe

CS
    pring
    Troy
    Erram

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Standhardinger, Pringle lead 24-man Gilas pool of PBA, college players for SEA Games

Panlilio didn’t mention all the members of the pool but rattled off names such as Christian Standhardinger and Stanley Pringle, and collegiate standouts Thirdy Ravena and Isaac Go during an ambush interview held after Tuesday’s SBP press conference at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Gregorio said it was SBP chairman emeritus Manny V. Pangilinan who insisted that the SEA Games team should be a mixture of PBA and college players.

=====================
    Maybe its 4 players each from ateneo core + up core + pba

thirdy
    go
    navarro
    nieto

jgdl
    jgdl
    ricci
    kobe

CS
    pring
    Troy
    Erram
    I hope they put Kai sotto already here.. he needs competition.. he needs to feel the game of seniors..

lol UAAP will not release their players during the season unless they are dying from consumption
    -Margaret Mead

Good to know MVP is on our side in terms of the pool. Doesn’t the UAAP season end or at least part of it when the Sea games roll around?

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast