Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SF Prospects to replace Norwood in 2023 World Cup

I know this kid is still only 15 but he has all the physical tools to be like gabe I think. Long, tall, athletic, and has a good frame. He reminds me of the French kids that played at the fiba u17. I think he has D1 potential if he’s trained properly. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    its more of a necessity really, especially in the small schools in the provinces. where the tallest is just around 6'2, no choice but to play center. Local coaches really dont think that they should be developing players for NT duties. But if a coach really spot a talent with exceptional height and agility, he should at least train him to play the perimeter, facing the basket and work on his handles and long distance shooting. But our grassroot coaches are so unimaginative and lack vision.

6'9 College player Kenmark Carino now plays center , but we all know he is too thin and too weak to be an effective 5 even in the PBA, but he has the agility and athletic abilities to play small. Imagine if we was trained in his early years to play guard, the guy could have been PHL's version of Siakam.
    well i am not referring to small colleges/universities. of course i am referring to big time colleges/universities especially in manila who have the money to recruit quality players yet still see an agile 6'4 as pf or center.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    its more of a necessity really, especially in the small schools in the provinces. where the tallest is just around 6'2, no choice but to play center. Local coaches really dont think that they should be developing players for NT duties. But if a coach really spot a talent with exceptional height and agility, he should at least train him to play the perimeter, facing the basket and work on his handles and long distance shooting. But our grassroot coaches are so unimaginative and lack vision.

6'9 College player Kenmark Carino now plays center , but we all know he is too thin and too weak to be an effective 5 even in the PBA, but he has the agility and athletic abilities to play small. Imagine if we was trained in his early years to play guard, the guy could have been PHL's version of Siakam.
    Carino actually plays the forward spot in SBU's rotation. He has the license to shoot from the outside but the shooting isn't there yet. Donald and Eugene Cuntapay plays the C spot.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Carino actually plays the forward spot in SBU's rotation. He has the license to shoot from the outside but the shooting isn't there yet. Donald and Eugene Cuntapay plays the C spot.
    I stand corrected. Then he's not a hopeless case. Hope he improves more.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post

This is the same Carino who bangs bodies against the Chinese centers back in the Under17 tournament,I thought this guy will be a very physical PF of the future now he's more a SF but maybe he can be one of those players who can play both positions like a combo guard someday.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    This is the same Carino who bangs bodies against the Chinese centers back in the Under17 tournament,I thought this guy will be a very physical PF of the future now he's more a SF but maybe he can be one of those players who can play both positions like a combo guard someday.
    He doesn't bang as much now as he's being groomed to as a stretch forward. Even Toba doesn't bang as much. The only true bruisers on the team are Donald and Cuntapay.

They're bringing him along slowly hence the limited minutes playing behind Mocon and Oftana.

I just thought, if we can't tap Jordan Clarkson as a local, can we pick him as our naturalized player for 2023 if not for this year? I think he can fill our void at SF.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

If not for the Hagop rules, we have DJ Fenner and Ron Harper Jr. to fill the void that Norwood will be vacated when he retires from Gilas.(Gabe Norwood is a 1/4 pinoy just like Harper Jr. while DJ Fenner is a 1/2 pinoy)..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post

I know this kid is still only 15 but he has all the physical tools to be like gabe I think. Long, tall, athletic, and has a good frame. He reminds me of the French kids that played at the fiba u17. I think he has D1 potential if he’s trained properly. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.
    Saw him play hes the goods. Future game changer

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Saw him play hes the goods. Future game changer
    You said the guy is good, Enzo Flojo said this guy is good(best u16 prospect)... future 6'5 cj perez?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    You said the guy is good, Enzo Flojo said this guy is good(best u16 prospect)... future 6'5 cj perez?
    Didn't enzo flojo also once say that Matthew Wright will be an even better version of Marcio?

"Think Marcio Lassiter… only even better."
    "I have no reservations about putting this out there — barring injury, Wright will be a superstar in the PBA and should be a very effective player for Gilas Pilipinas."

Quote Originally Posted by DathirdIV View Post
    Didn't enzo flojo also once say that Matthew Wright will be an even better version of Marcio?

"I have no reservations about putting this out there — barring injury, Wright will be a superstar in the PBA and should be a very effective player for Gilas Pilipinas."
    for a time he was. then his game for some reason went downhill.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

how are kevin ferrer and matt ganuelas doing these days? they were supposed to be the norwood replacements not too long ago

How's Dwight Ramos playing? When does he graduate
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

That statement was when Super Ubo is bothering marcio and unable to represent gilas..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Isn't Wright one of stat leaders in the PBA, and he must have started for Gilas at SG for at least 10 games (includes Asia cup and 1st round qualifiers) not many players can say they've done that
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    how are kevin ferrer and matt ganuelas doing these days? they were supposed to be the norwood replacements not too long ago
    They regressed to the point if no return. Better look elsewhere

His shot has been missing internationally for several games now. Unfortunately his defense is not that good yet. Guiao even opted to play Scottie for defensive purposes over him. In PBA he is still good though. He and Perkins are leading their team to the no. 2 spot in the AFC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    More of a shooter than perez easily more polished than perez was at that age.
    He is really really good 6’4 wing at 15

Lassiter is what we wanted in wright. Good shooter and good defender.. and can slash to the hoop if needed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast