Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SF Prospects to replace Norwood in 2023 World Cup

fix the damn eligibility rules, we'll have candidates like Jeremiah Gray (6'5,Dominican U, NCAA div II), Roosevelt Adams (6'5,Idaho, NAIA), D.J.Fenner (6'6,Nevada, NCAA div.1) and Christian David (6'7, Butler,NCAA Div.1). Gray and Fenner have experience playing as an import in Europe and I think both (If allowed by FIBA to play as a local) are way better options than Paras.If we go back to the old rules we could also tap the services of Stephen Holt (6'4,St.Mary's,NCAA Div.1) as our tall point guard and a shooting guard which is a better,quicker player than Ray Parks.Holt also has played as an import in Australia,Europe and Kazakhstan.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Rhenz Abando has the tools I think to be a Gabe Norwood replacement. 6’4-5 long athletic and can hit from outside recently torched ateneo from three. Has hustle and all the tools to be an elite defender at the wing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVvIQxDKcx/

1:07 alleyoop dunk
    2:55 two handed power slam
    5:19 another power slam

If only either Fil-Ams Roosevelt Adams & Jeremiah Gray are FIBA eligible (kahit isa man lang sa dalawa), I think either player would be a perfect swingman for Gilas. It seems they are both decent perimeter defenders & are better offensive player than Gabe Norwood. Both are athletic, with good slashing moves, good finishers off the break & with decent 3-pt. shot. I think those who had seen how these guys performed with Mighty Sports in the Dubai international competition last month know what I'm talking about.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    If only either Fil-Ams Roosevelt Adams & Jeremiah Gray are FIBA eligible (kahit isa man lang sa dalawa), I think either player would be a perfect swingman for Gilas. It seems they are both decent perimeter defenders & are better offensive player than Gabe Norwood. Both are athletic, with good slashing moves, good finishers off the break & with decent 3-pt. shot. I think those who had seen how these guys performed with Mighty Sports in the Dubai international competition last month know what I'm talking about.
    if only sbp found them much earlier

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    if only sbp found them much earlier
    Did some of this Fil-American ballers' parents knew already of the hagop rules and still had not gotten their son a Phil passport even before their son is still not 16 years old? Some of this ballers only get Philippine passport if they know that they have no chance to play in NBA and playing in PBA is better than playing and hopping in different teams in different countries( Europe minor leagues, Asian leagues). I know it is anti-Filipino who are based in overseas and anti- Phil constitution but I want the PBA to only allow FIBA eligible player or limit to only one or two(not the current rules of PBA who classify a player as Fil-foreigners not FIBA eligible).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Rhenz Abando has the tools I think to be a Gabe Norwood replacement. 6’4-5 long athletic and can hit from outside recently torched ateneo from three. Has hustle and all the tools to be an elite defender at the wing.

Where did Abando came from... Was he the one from UE? Hope Aldrin Ayo is playing him at SF and not as PF because he stands 6-4....

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Where did Abando came from... Was he the one from UE? Hope Aldrin Ayo is playing him at SF and not as PF because he stands 6-4....
    He plays 3 and 4. He even plays point sometimes.

Edit: he’s a transferee from Pangasinan who did a 1 yr residency. Another hidden provincial gem it seems
    Last edited by TheRodster21; 03-08-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Did some of this Fil-American ballers' parents knew already of the hagop rules and still had not gotten their son a Phil passport even before their son is still not 16 years old? Some of this ballers only get Philippine passport if they know that they have no chance to play in NBA and playing in PBA is better than playing and hopping in different teams in different countries( Europe minor leagues, Asian leagues). I know it is anti-Filipino who are based in overseas and anti- Phil constitution but I want the PBA to only allow FIBA eligible player or limit to only one or two(not the current rules of PBA who classify a player as Fil-foreigners not FIBA eligible).
    I think Adams & Gray are around 22/23 years old at present. "Hagop Rule" was imposed in 2011. At that time, Adams & Gray are around 16/15 years old, so perhaps one of the two would have secured Philippine passport prior to his 16th b-day if only SBP people encourage the parents. Perhaps the hitch is that, neither Adams nor Gray were outstanding high school ballers so SBP people failed to detect these two in their radars.

I see Adams or Gray to make more impact for Gilas than a Rayray Parks if only they are considered locals by FIBA.

Sayang talaga.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I think Adams & Gray are around 22/23 years old at present. "Hagop Rule" was imposed in 2011. At that time, Adams & Gray are around 16/15 years old, so perhaps one of the two would have secured Philippine passport prior to his 16th b-day if only SBP people encourage the parents. Perhaps the hitch is that, neither Adams nor Gray were outstanding high school ballers so SBP people failed to detect these two in their radars.

I see Adams or Gray to make more impact for Gilas than a Rayray Parks if only they are considered locals by FIBA.

Sayang talaga.
    He was already 19 when he came into the radar of Ateneo in 2016.
    Keep running, big boy.

pwede, how old is he? baka pwede umabot hanggang 6'6 (trans: there might be room to grow), but if he is legit 6'5 all he need is of course continue to develop his skills and add up bulk and strength.If he's around 6'5 then maybe he can go up to 205-210 lbs.Currently he looks 190 or less.If he is 6'6 maybe he can go up to 220 lbs.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

I really see Jamskies fascination to great talented 2 way wing men as Alex 07 fascination to big men..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I really see Jamskies fascination to great talented 2 way wing men as Alex 07 fascination to big men..
    Parang ganun na nga. And I think such fascination is mainly becoz of the lack or the scarcity of talent of those type of players.

As you can see, there's not much fascination on guards simply becoz we have an abundance on that kind of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    kulang kasi yung malalaki.trans: its not as if we are abundant of tall players,i always preach that we have to be competitive height wise without disregarding skills of course.To put things to perspective,skills will always be a priority. Last 2014 World Cup, we were the smallest team (Source: https://themissinggraph.wordpress.co...n-infographic/)

Just like Marcio (although i hated the guy during his super ubo days)Matthew Wright might be a good fit for the SG position because of his height,but Marcio obviously is a more consistent and confident shooter at the moment.With that said,i don't think we have an eligible 6'4 player to play the position.Now if we find someone who has the same skillset who is atleast 3 inches taller than Marcio,then thats another story.
    Last edited by Alex07; 03-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.

He plays 3 and 4. He even plays point sometimes.

Edit: he’s a transferee from Pangasinan who did a 1 yr residency. Another hidden provincial gem it seems
    I think this vid is a better representation of this kid

I still believe in Matt Ganuelas Rosser
    "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

Cool

a taller version of lordy tugade perhaps, more athletic, better defense, handles but lordy is the better shooter and good looks

Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    ilipat a sa north port o sa rain or shine.Trans: the guy needs to ne traded and used

pwede, hopefully we get to see more 6'5 local kids with handles good defensive fundamentals and consistent shooting.Mga 6 foot 5 and up.Filipino skills are natural although we are very limited height wise,remove our height handicap and we will produce good quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    pwede, hopefully we get to see more 6'5 local kids with handles good defensive fundamentals and consistent shooting. Mga 6 foot 5 and up.Filipino skills are natural although we are very limited height wise,remove our height handicap and we will produce good quality players.
    Just let everyone, regardless of their height, learn every skill set.

Why should we pigeonhole 6'5+ guys to simply stay in the shaded lane like this is the 80s?
    SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN
    est. 2001

Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    As surprise hugot x factor guy yes..i think gilas needs 12th man guys who is not an ego guy who will be pissed being benched..Especially in the window settings where you can put different 12 man lineup every game
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast