Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SF Prospects to replace Norwood in 2023 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    ilipat a sa north port o sa rain or shine.Trans: the guy needs to ne traded and used
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    I still believe in Matt Ganuelas Rosser
    problem is he’s injured prone..

hope to see a 6'5" - 6'7" junthy Valenzuela in the future, good offense and very tough on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    I still believe in Matt Ganuelas Rosser
    Outside shooting, which is a requisite for the small forward position, is suspect or non-existent at all.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    hope to see a 6'5" - 6'7" junthy Valenzuela in the future, good offense and very tough on defense.
    hitman heheheh..i believe in his bap days rdo is listed as 6'7 sf..he turns out to be one although the height is bit exagerrated but..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

kulang kasi yung malalaki.trans: its not as if we are abundant of tall players,i always preach that we have to be competitive height wise without disregarding skills of course.To put things to perspective,skills will always be a priority. Last 2014 World Cup, we were the smallest team (Source: https://themissinggraph.wordpress.co...n-infographic/)

Just like Marcio (although i hated the guy during his super ubo days)Matthew Wright might be a good fit for the SG position because of his height,but Marcio obviously is a more consistent and confident shooter at the moment.With that said,i don't think we have an eligible 6'4 player to play the position.Now if we find someone who has the same skillset who is atleast 3 inches taller than Marcio,then thats another story.
    Matt Wright's 3-pt. shooting seems to have deserted him. He still scores well for Phoenix in the PBA but he has really struggled with his outside shooting. RR Pogoy seems to be doing better than Wright in terms of outside shooting. This aside from the fact that Pogoy's defense is better.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Just let everyone, regardless of their height, learn every skill set.

Why should we pigeonhole 6'5+ guys to simply stay in the shaded lane like this is the 80s?
    one thing that we should also emphasize for 6'5 or more guys is the quickness and agility and also his body structure (meaning he won't be overweight).If the guy can't keep up against the opposing 2 guards or small forwards, then it will be useless.Just look at Carl Tamayo (although some may not agree with me),I don't know if he could shift to small forward but one thing he lacks which small forwards have is the quickness. Their skill-set (although this could be trained) should be somehow very natural to the position they are playing (hindi pilit). For me, a small forward is a bigger shooting guard that can sometimes play the post and get a good number of rebounds and has a consistent perimeter and 3 point shot.I think the best people to emulate still is Scottie Pippen and Grant Hill (during his prime with the pistons).,locally of course it would be Gabe Norwood(He would have been the perfect SF if he has a very consistent 3 point shooting and he is aggressive in the offensive end).
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Mostly, we train our bigs how to play stretch 4, I think we should train them how to play point forward, we can start it with tamayo, cortez, lina and cariňo, it is easier to learn it than to be a shooting guard or small forward,

one thing that we should also emphasize for 6'5 or more guys is the quickness and agility and also his body structure (meaning he won't be overweight).If the guy can't keep up against the opposing 2 guards or small forwards, then it will be useless.Just look at Carl Tamayo (although some may not agree with me),I don't know if he could shift to small forward but one thing he lacks which small forwards have is the quickness. Their skill-set (although this could be trained) should be somehow very natural to the position they are playing (hindi pilit). For me, a small forward is a bigger shooting guard that can sometimes play the post and get a good number of rebounds and has a consistent perimeter and 3 point shot.I think the best people to emulate still is Scottie Pippen and Grant Hill (during his prime with the pistons).,locally of course it would be Gabe Norwood(He would have been the perfect SF if he has a very consistent 3 point shooting and he is aggressive in the offensive end).
    They need to be lean and muscular with a body fat percentage of 10-11%. Difficult to achieve as the Pinoy diet is not the healthiest out there but it’s possible.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

They need to be lean and muscular with a body fat percentage of 10-11%. Difficult to achieve as the Pinoy diet is not the healthiest out there but it’s possible.
    kaya yan,Although genetics will also be a factor, I think we should also concentrate on the proper training regimen not only for basketball player but all athletes in general.I read somewhere that most ladies in the volleyball leagues are prone to injuries and a physical therapist reacted on how to avoid injuries.In basketball, we have a few options for some positions, SF,PF and C, this means that we can't afford to lose players in vital tournaments. A therapist said that injuries are avoidable if the athletes follow strict nutrition, proper amount of training (avoid over training), stretching, using of proper equipments etc. I think this should be something we should put premium on specially PBA players tend to have more games than any athletes.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

kaya yan,Although genetics will also be a factor, I think we should also concentrate on the proper training regimen not only for basketball player but all athletes in general.I read somewhere that most ladies in the volleyball leagues are prone to injuries and a physical therapist reacted on how to avoid injuries.In basketball, we have a few options for some positions, SF,PF and C, this means that we can't afford to lose players in vital tournaments. A therapist said that injuries are avoidable if the athletes follow strict nutrition, proper amount of training (avoid over training), stretching, using of proper equipments etc. I think this should be something we should put premium on specially PBA players tend to have more games than any athletes.
    One thing you’ll notice with Korean athletes of any sporting discipline is they almost all have Olympic-level bodies. Sobrang ganda ng strength at conditioning nila.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

One thing you’ll notice with Korean athletes of any sporting discipline is they almost all have Olympic-level bodies. Sobrang ganda ng strength at conditioning nila.
    well...not Kang Dong-hee though...he's the fatty point guard that looks like he's slow and cant keep up, all game long. He sure looked like it, but Johnny A and Racela, and the whole PHL had a rude awakening back in 1998.

Jeo Ambohot could be the guy if we are talking about offense but it seems he is now lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    well...not Kang Dong-hee though...he's the fatty point guard that looks like he's slow and cant keep up, all game long. He sure looked like it, but Johnny A and Racela, and the whole PHL had a rude awakening back in 1998.
    Hehehe!!! Sir Dotch your really that fascinated with that Kang Dong Hee guy who outsmarted and outplayed two of the best PG this country has ever produced. Well that rude awakening still haunt us until now..worth mentioning also is the 2002 Busan Asian Games and that QF match last 2017 Fiba Asia held in Lebanon that for me personally, is not only rude but it's nasty...kasi sa totoo lang po that QF game lumalabas na napaka engot natin maglaro sa ganung level.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    Hehehe!!! Sir Dotch your really that fascinated with that Kang Dong Hee guy who outsmarted and outplayed two of the best PG this country has ever produced. Well that rude awakening still haunt us until now..worth mentioning also is the 2002 Busan Asian Games and that QF match last 2017 Fiba Asia held in Lebanon that for me personally, is not only rude but it's nasty...kasi sa totoo lang po that QF game lumalabas na napaka engot natin maglaro sa ganung level.
    its like korea always finds a way to squash us..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    its like korea always finds a way to squash us..
    Sir as I said many times before, there blueprint are very much dependable and reliable since time immemorial so it will always be that way everytime we had a face-off with them..well for us...hmmm...our blueprint is "ampaw" so to speak.

i feel like edu could be the next taller norwood with a better offense, he is quick enough to play the sf/pf position. the only reason toledo is playing him as a center is because they only have one other big man in luke knapke.

We have the 6’6” William Navarro of Ateneo and 6’4” Ken Tuffin of FEU.

Is it true that 6'6 Ballungay is eligible? then we got one very strong prospect

Can anyone confirm Balungay's eligibility status?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LCM View Post
    We have the 6’6” William Navarro of Ateneo and 6’4” Ken Tuffin of FEU.
    Lazaro kid from San Beda is an intriguing option, around 6-6 , good ball handling and lengthy, had 4 blocks against US Team ,two of which on Green.. Just like Norwood though, he has no perimeter shot...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast