Page 3 of 600 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    We hope to beat somebody outside Egypt and senegal. It would be easier for us to get tuneup games as teams might even go here for training (ahem team USA)
    if we get bracketed to the likes of venezuela, puerto rico, or dominican or maybe argentina, we'll have a better chance. but don't hope to win against euro teams. those are simply too tall too skilled for us.

america teams are relatively weak actually. the only teams their that are really strong are usa, canada, and brazil. the rest can be actually beaten by asians.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    i think only the top 7 plus host japan. the rest of the slots will come from the wild cards.
    Or the remaining teams will go into OQT.

now, i think indonesia should also gather their shits together in order for them to be automatically qualified as hosts. they should have to look at their co-hosts philippines and japan. they will play for this year's world cup and here indonesia are having difficulties to win seaba level and against guam. they must work harder now.i

i think only the top 7 plus host japan. the rest of the slots will come from the wild cards.
    which is their way to be able to include non world cup qualifying teams like slovenia and croatia..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    now, i think indonesia should also gather their shits together in order for them to be automatically qualified as hosts. they should have to look at their co-hosts philippines and japan. they will play for this year's world cup and here indonesia are having difficulties to win seaba level and against guam. they must work harder now.i
    the program is in place now starting with their youth teams.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    not quite sure if edu can play tho for this sea games. i wish remy martin and edu will be available.
    Is Remy eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Is Remy eligible?
    yeah...
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Thirdy, Ricci and Kai already started participating in the qualifiers. Including the other 23-for-23 players in the training pool would do us a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    the program is in place now starting with their youth teams.
    but would they reach the top 8 in fiba asia cup let alone qualify for it? another question is that would those guys from their youth level competitve enough in 2023? i hope both will be affirmative.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenblake View Post
    Is the 2019 FIBA World Cup the qualifying tournament for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
    oceania will be seperated. so 1 slot for Oceania and the 2nd best one will go to OQT

As for Asia, host japan is already seeded so the best ranked asian team in World cup will go to olympics. the 2nd-4th spot goes to OQT..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    oceania will be seperated. so 1 slot for Oceania and the 2nd best one will go to OQT

As for Asia, host japan is already seeded so the best ranked asian team in World cup will go to olympics. the 2nd-4th spot goes to OQT..
    So safe to say we are not aiming for moral victories in the World Cup. As it will served as a qualifying tournament also for the Olympics

Is the 2019 FIBA World Cup the qualifying tournament for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
    So safe to say we are not aiming for moral victories in the World Cup. As it will served as a qualifying tournament also for the Olympics
    yep.. the PBA gave 2 weeks of preparation., hope they’re talk to PBA and extend it to 1 month preparation with one or 2 practices per week leading up to world cup,,

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    I hope we can convince FIBA, would be awesome to have JC play as a local, I can just imagine how great it would be to have blatch and clarkson in the World Cup..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep.. the PBA gave 2 weeks of preparation., hope they’re talk to PBA and extend it to 1 month preparation with one or 2 practices per week leading up to world cup,,

Would be great if they create a seperate team for the NT in the PBA..

will china group themselves to with an asiannteam to assure entry to second round?

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    will china group themselves to with an asiannteam to assure entry to second round?
    For sure but in my opinion, based on their history, China always matchup well with euro teams.

For sure but in my opinion, based on their history, China always matchup well with euro teams.
    and bad against americas teams... I think they can outskill african teams as they are like iran
    Last edited by reamily; 02-25-2019 at 11:00 PM.

I hope and pray that Clarkson will be considered as a local. I hope FIBA has the heart at least in WC or Olympic competition that he will be allowed as local, and we are a basketball loving country and this can also be a good advertisement for them.

Sigh.. Greg Slaughter was a waste when he was given exemption, which i hope was given to Clarkson instead.

I do believe if we have a Clarkson in our roster, along with Blatche and add Remi Martin and Edu , i think we can reach the quarter finals.

But come to think of it, the game will be held in China, and China looks down on Philippines and does not us to best ever them so they will find away that Clarkson will not be allowed as local.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-25-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope and pray that Clarkson will be considered as a local. I hope FIBA has the heart at least in WC or Olympic competition that he will be allowed as local, and we are a basketball loving country and this can also be a good advertisement for them.

Sigh.. Greg Slaughter was a waste when he was given exemption, which i hope was given to Clarkson instead.

I do believe if we have a Clarkson in our roster, along with Blatche and add Remi Martin and Edu , i think we can reach the quarter finals.

But come to think of it, the game will be held in China, and China looks down on Philippines and does not us to best ever them so they will find away that Clarkson will not be allowed as local.

Let's see..it will be very beneficial for CHINA if more NBA players play in the tournament they will be hosting. And besides, Chairman Yao is open-minded and a progressive thinker, if not fiercely independent. I think if SBP will gracefully ask Chairman Yao Ming to request to FIBA on our behalf, PHL might have a chance to play JC as a local. I'm sure FIBA will at least here Yao Ming's request., and it is not in their benefit to dismiss him completely. Shot in the dark, i know, but worth a shot asking Chairman Yao.

Page 3 of 600 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast