Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    sbp should keep the distance of gilas from our asean neighbors.
    I honestly think Thailand and Indonesia will improve. The talent pool is steadily growing. Thailand has the Bassey kid who I think is talented enough to play pro ball in Europe. Indonesia has a 6'6" Indonesian-African in the wings. Vietnam should also be interesting to watch if they manage to make the Juzang brothers eligible. Maybe if FIBA gives these countries the same exemptions they give the smaller European countries, they might have a chance.

I don't see them beating PH in the near future, though, and maybe up to the next decade.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
      I honestly think Thailand and Indonesia will improve. The talent pool is steadily growing. Thailand has the Bassey kid who I think is talented enough to play pro ball in Europe. Indonesia has a 6'6" Indonesian-African in the wings. Vietnam should also be interesting to watch if they manage to make the Juzang brothers eligible. Maybe if FIBA gives these countries the same exemptions they give the smaller European countries, they might have a chance.

I don't see them beating PH in the near future, though, and maybe up to the next decade.
      with toroman at the helm im sure they will improve a lot. i am hoping and praying they will become a contender soon.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        with toroman at the helm im sure they will improve a lot. i am hoping and praying they will become a contender soon.
        Yeah, pretty much like how Jordan was able to improve, like Gilas, they are in the FIBA World. Coach Toroman could really whip into shape a mediocre team to a contender. If you can believe that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
          Yeah, pretty much like how Jordan was able to improve, like Gilas, they are in the FIBA World. Coach Toroman could really whip into shape a mediocre team to a contender. If you can believe that!
          Only when you have the materials for it. Jordan & Iran's rise to Asian basketball prominence is a combination of good coaching & right materials. A coach can only do so much.

I say Indonesian basketball will significantly improve with Toroman at the helm. But will Indonesia make it to the Asian basketball elite circle (Say being in the top 6 among Asian teams excluding Australia & New Zealand)? I doubt that very much.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            I thought "Hagop Rule" doesn't apply in the SEA Games.

Jeremiah Gray & Roosevelt Adams are solid options for the SEA Games-bound RP team
            depends on the host.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
              Out of all the SEA teams, I expect Indonesia to break away from the rest of the pack and solidify themselves #2 in the region. They're still gonna be miles away from the PH of course but their only goal right now is to show FIBA that they deserve a slot for the 2023 WC. The SEA games are basically their prep for the upcoming Asia Cup qualifiers and if they can't even qualify for 2021, well thats bye bye 2023 for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                Out of all the SEA teams, I expect Indonesia to break away from the rest of the pack and solidify themselves #2 in the region. They're still gonna be miles away from the PH of course but their only goal right now is to show FIBA that they deserve a slot for the 2023 WC. The SEA games are basically their prep for the upcoming Asia Cup qualifiers and if they can't even qualify for 2021, well thats bye bye 2023 for them.
                Every group is gonna be tough, with two teams per group clearly ahead over their counterparts. It's Korea and the Philippines in Group A, China and Japan in Group B, Australia and New Zealand in Group C. I don't see any of the third-seeded teams making a splash in the first round, with the exception of maybe Guam. The second round will be no less tough as Indonesia might go up against the likes of Iraq, Syria, and Kazakhstan or Palestine.
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

i hope so. they have a strong program in place. now with toroman, i expect them to distance themselves further. they have the money too.

Comment

• I somehow want our SEA team be made up by predominantly ineligibles and destroy the competition even worse than before- ultimately sending a message to FIBA. But then again, doing so would create more resistance from rival teams. Lol
                    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Question, How's Troy playing?
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Can anyone provide insight on who are classification oppoenents in WC will be if we don't make 2nd round? Is it merging with a specific group?
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          Can anyone provide insight on who are classification oppoenents in WC will be if we don't make 2nd round? Is it merging with a specific group?
                          Group C & D for us.

Iran, Tunisia, Philippines, Angola.

1st in group will end up rank 17–20
                          2nd 21–24
                          3rd 25–28
                          4th 29–32

Comment

• So if games go according to seeding, we play Tunisia and Iran? Those are winnable games, quite different compared to 2014.

If we make 25th to 28th that would an accomplishment (good performance

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              So if games go according to seeding, we play Tunisia and Iran? Those are winnable games, quite different compared to 2014.

If we make 25th to 28th that would an accomplishment (good performance
                              Yup. The key here is that at the very least if Gilas wins against Angola then against a very winnable Tunisia & Iran, rank 17-20 would be a very very impressive feat. Knock on wood though.

Comment

Yup. The key here is that at the very least if Gilas wins against Angola then against a very winnable Tunisia & Iran, rank 17-20 would be a very very impressive feat. Knock on wood though.
                                That should be the focus then of our preparation, beating those teams. we should look past the Serbia and Italy games
                                The tune up games in Spain suggests that's our plan and target

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information