Page 238 of 600 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 11993

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

  1. #4741
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,709
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Di ko magets talaga lol

    I'm serious like dead serious.

    I don't even know where that pic comes from. I'm just commenting based on the guys has said. I don't even know who he is. lol
    You literally said nobody cares wtf. You should’ve said you didn’t care instead. wtf lol

  2. #4742
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,709
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    The US vs AUS showed us how important the mid range game is. I also think that's one of the missing link in our Gilas team specially during Chots era. I have never seen a single plays in a mid range puro iso drible drible kick out too predictable lmao.
    Thats why I hated watching Gilas under Chot. My eyes were bleeding watching his system

  3. #4743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    You literally said nobody cares wtf. You should’ve said you didn’t care instead. wtf lol
    whatever lol

  4. #4744
    Senior Member DRRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    usa vs aus

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw1wVCsxFnk

    what an ugly view, thats what happens when they play bball in a stadium, too low an angle

    you can see how big and athletic both teams are compared to gilas, the smaller gilas have to exert so much energy to defend the big shooters
    everyone in team usa can shoot threes, i hope we have this mentality if you are free shoot it
    another thing we dont have is a midrange threat, we either have 3s or drives and most of the time (like ivory coast game) they would rather take the three even in fast breaks
    we also play too much one on one when the shot clock is ticking down, we have to have better plays to get some easy points

    aus playing against can and usa
    gilas playing against adelaide backup players lol poor gilas
    Last edited by DRRC; 08-22-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

  5. #4745
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    527
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Thats why I hated watching Gilas under Chot. My eyes were bleeding watching his system
    Same here, the last time I enjoyed watching gilas was during Toroman there were less mid range also but their fluid ball movement was a joy to watch. Since Chot masyadong chaotic sila panuorin.

  6. #4746
    Senior Member DRRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTh0...O&index=2&t=0s

    italy vs turkey

    4th quarter is the way to beat italy

    my concern is we might be too small and all our games will be like the oqt almost there but not close enough and lose by 10-20
    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

  7. #4747
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,241

    Default

    i always believe that the ncaa final 4 camera view is the best view to watch basketball games
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  8. #4748
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,709
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTh0...O&index=2&t=0s

    italy vs turkey

    4th quarter is the way to beat italy

    my concern is we might be too small and all our games will be like the oqt almost there but not close enough and lose by 10-20
    Too small in the guard positions.

  9. #4749
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
    usa vs aus

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw1wVCsxFnk

    what an ugly view, thats what happens when they play bball in a stadium, too low an angle

    you can see how big and athletic both teams are compared to gilas, the smaller gilas have to exert so much energy to defend the big shooters
    everyone in team usa can shoot threes, i hope we have this mentality if you are free shoot it
    another thing we dont have is a midrange threat, we either have 3s or drives and most of the time (like ivory coast game) they would rather take the three even in fast breaks
    we also play too much one on one when the shot clock is ticking down, we have to have better plays to get some easy points

    aus playing against can and usa
    gilas playing against adelaide backup players lol poor gilas
    Even Jordan gets to play Janis Antiocampo and Greece. PHL, after 2 African teams cant even play the lowest tiered Euro and LatAm teams. so sad, considering we're just doorsteps away from the host country.

  10. #4750
    Senior Member DRRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Even Jordan gets to play Janis Antiocampo and Greece. PHL, after 2 African teams cant even play the lowest tiered Euro and LatAm teams. so sad, considering we're just doorsteps away from the host country.
    someone is underperforming in the SBP
    they should have a long term plan for the year and for the worlds
    its either they dont want to show our plays or they dont have the funds or no quality team wants to play
    they should have made a pocket tourney this week with a few other team wc bound or not, they should have invited big euro teams like iceland (sim serbia) and another team that plays like italy
    I dont know what is wrong with the sbp, too much pba brown nosing oh well
    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

  11. #4751
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,778
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
    someone is underperforming in the SBP
    they should have a long term plan for the year and for the worlds
    its either they dont want to show our plays or they dont have the funds or no quality team wants to play
    they should have made a pocket tourney this week with a few other team wc bound or not, they should have invited big euro teams like iceland (sim serbia) and another team that plays like italy
    I dont know what is wrong with the sbp, too much pba brown nosing oh well
    The reverse may also be true. They have a plan but other entities are making it difficult to pursue them.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  12. #4752
    Senior Member DRRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    games played by wc teams
    gilas vs adelaide lol

    http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...world-cup-2019
    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

  13. #4753
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    The reverse may also be true. They have a plan but other entities are making it difficult to pursue them.
    Consequence of the infamous Malice in the INC Palace. Oh how the dominoes have fallen...tsk tsk

  14. #4754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    241
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Japan just got beat by 15 against Argentina. Turkey and USA most likely gonna knock them out
    Argentina shot 16/28 from beyond the arc(!!!). Just goes to show the importance of the 3pt game in international basketball.

  15. #4755
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,688
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
    games played by wc teams
    gilas vs adelaide lol

    http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...world-cup-2019
    Playing in the biggest basketball tournament in the world and all we show up in our preparations are tune up games against 2 African countries and an Australian Club(NBL) and the team had a full attendance just last monday two weeks before the World Cup. I mean USA basketball the strongest team(even if lacking NBA stars) in the tournament had better preparation than our Gilas.

    More reason not to expect anything a win less tournament would be good wake up call for our Basketball Organization..

  16. #4756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    527
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    A lot of people are downplaying that brawl but they seem to forget that we're currently living in social media age. Millions of people saw that shameful incident. While majority of basketball fans are enjoying NBA caliber playing at their home turf, our federation can't even invite a 2nd tier European team here in our country. Hell, Adelaide requested for tight security and closed door game just to agree to play here, pretty much says it all.

  17. #4757
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    A lot of people are downplaying that brawl but they seem to forget that we're currently living in social media age. Millions of people saw that shameful incident. While majority of basketball fans are enjoying NBA caliber playing at their home turf, our federation can't even invite a 2nd tier European team here in our country. Hell, Adelaide requested for tight security and closed door game just to agree to play here, pretty much says it all.
    We live in a different age now. One small mistake and you're forever a meme in the internet. You see how NBA players clowned Abueva after his clothesline on TJ? That's how small the world is now.

  18. #4758
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,587
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    just a thought. in that brawl last year, i just realized how selfish chot was that night. moments prior to that infamous brawl, australia was up by 31 points and that was only midway of the 3rd quarter and that might have grown into 50 or 60 points. to save himself further humiliation, remember less than a year ago prior to the brawl, gilas was crushed by korea by 32 points.

    chot did not want that so instead of preventing players from bench to help other gilas inside the court, he let them participate because they were beating by the boomers black and blue. chot did it not because he cared about the team but only for himself that is to save him another humiliating. however, it turned out the brawl to be more humiliating than get beaten by 50-60 points.

    come to think of it.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  19. #4759
    Senior Member prince75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Will the tune-up tonight be shown on tv live?

  20. #4760
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,886
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prince75 View Post
    Will the tune-up tonight be shown on tv live?
    no chance..

Page 238 of 600 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •