Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

For me I am not expecting any Hagop disqualification to be overturned. So I expect the same players except maybe if we can find another good defensive SF aside from Thirdy.

C - Blatche, Fajardo
    PF - Aguilar, Rosario, Erram
    SF - Norwood, Thirdy
    SG - Lassiter, Lee, Pogoy
    PG - Castro, Barroca

Almazan, Wright and Kiefer can be injury alternates.

We cannot expect a roster which os untested versus quality opponents..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    For me I am not expecting any Hagop disqualification to be overturned. So I expect the same players except maybe if we can find another good defensive SF aside from Thirdy.

C - Blatche, Fajardo
    SF - Norwood, Thirdy
    PG - Castro, Barroca

Thirdy might be at the UAAP during the WC so I'm not expecting him to be included in the roster.

UAAP Season 82 will still start in September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rap...2019-sea-games
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Cabagnot?

Paki justify? I wanna read your opinion.
    Yes why not? He’s averaging 8.3 pts, 2 rebs and 3.7 ast(number 1 in all the Philippine PGs) in 3 games. Castro is a scorer. Lee is a scorer as well. We need a PG who can lead and create for his teammates. Di puro score lang. He’s 6’0” bigger and taller than Barroca, Ravena, Jalalon. Stabilizer nga di ba?

Disagree this time.

There's a reason bakit hindi siya included on the last window? Bakit Hindi siya sinama? Maybe the coaching staff was n't impressed?

I give him props on the stat sheets. But somehow I am not impressed with his presence on the court I was more impress with Barroca. Not a fan of his game plus the age factor pang PBA lang laro like Arwind but if Cabagnot was part of previous Gilas, or if he is younger, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by LCM View Post
    Yes why not? He’s averaging 8.3 pts, 2 rebs and 3.7 ast(number 1 in all the Philippine PGs) in 3 games. Castro is a scorer. Lee is a scorer as well. We need a PG who can lead and create for his teammates. Di puro score lang. He’s 6’0” bigger and taller than Barroca, Ravena, Jalalon. Stabilizer nga di ba?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsonatics View Post
    Thirdy might be at the UAAP during the WC so I'm not expecting him to be included in the roster.
    Wright will be the best replacement for Thirdy.. or AJ Edu... If somehow Wright will still not effective in some tune up games prior to WC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Wright will be the best replacement for Thirdy.. or AJ Edu... If somehow Wright will still not effective in some tune up games prior to WC!!!
    Or Parks. I think it's about time for him to include in the pool.

Howabout the 3rd member of the PHL Bad Boys (Blatche and Abueva are the other 2), Terrence Romeo?

No more love for this guy? He can play both guard positions. I think at this point, TR is better than Remy Martin.

Instead of dreaming for an all star lineup or revamping the roster. I prefer to retain the current lineup and maybe change player for only one slot which will most likely be Thirdy's, since he'll be playing in the UAAP. Reserve it for Jordan Clarkson just in case, otherwise I would give it to either Almazan, Scottie, or even Matthew Wright. Parks could also be an option but I'm not sure how the other players will react since he hasn't been with the national team for quite some time.

With short time for preparation. Chemistry is the most important thing to achieve and changing the core will not achieve that.

If our goal is to participate sure we can try with an all star lineup including our young guys which will be our core for 2023 but if we want to qualify for Olympics and try to have the best Asian team standings (exlcuding Australia and New Zealand since they will be in the Oceania) then my suggestion above would be the logical choice.
    Last edited by ros; 02-27-2019 at 06:42 PM.

This team will be very defensive but will also be very offensive and nightmare for insurance providers of all teams going up against us.
    Jaworski, Pacquiao, Distrito
    Capacio, Gonzalgo
    Chito Loyzaga, Vic "Rambo" Sanchez, Yoyoy Villamin, Ricky Relosa
    Dong Polistico, Mick Pennisi, Mon Fernandez

Alt: Chris Tiu, Dante Gonzalgo, Alvin Teng
    Coach: Yeng Guiao
    Asst. Coach: Pido Jarencio
    " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Disagree this time.

There's a reason bakit hindi siya included on the last window? Bakit Hindi siya sinama? Maybe the coaching staff was n't impressed?

I give him props on the stat sheets. But somehow I am not impressed with his presence on the court I was more impress with Barroca. Not a fan of his game plus the age factor pang PBA lang laro like Arwind but if Cabagnot was part of previous Gilas, or if he is younger, maybe.
    Hahaha. They included Barroca to be the stopper for the Kazhakstan’s import. That’s the beauty of the new format. Strategic move yan kumbaga. Match-up wise. It doesn’t mean that if you were included in the line-up for the last window e ikaw na talaga yung gusto ng mga coaches.

My World Cup 2019 dream roster. Lets us hope and pray that Clarkson will be allowed as a local despite all odds and especially China factor. I hope CYG will remove his pride and tap Coach Tab Baldwin as assistant or adviser because his swing system will be very useful in WC stage.

My first five:

1. Clarkson
    2. Castro
    3. Blatche
    4. Lassiter
    5. Fajardo

Back up:

1. AJ Edu
    2. Eram ( but if Kai Sotto increase his strength, weight and body mass, then I go with Kai Sotto )
    3. Remi Martin
    4. Marc Barroca
    5. Aguilar
    6. Norwood
    7. Paul Dalistan

I believe with Jordan Clarkson in the lineup, we have a chance to shock the world and reach the quarter finals. But whatever happens , i will support and pray for our team.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-28-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post

C - Blatche, Fajardo
    SF - Norwood, Thirdy
    PG - Castro, Barroca

Give up on Rosario to be a PF at WC level,he barely was holding his ground the last two games,his spot should be for another SF,between Blatche,Aguilar and Erram the three of them plays the 4 and 5 positions with Fajardo the main 5.No more Barroca,he can't handle a 6'2 athletic PG,how more in the WC,heck even Gilas knows how to handle midget guards,like the Japanese team have more so the Euros.Thirdy if he can't play the 2 right now then he has no business playing 3 at this level,he's just too short,might as well get Abueva back in the lineup.If Clarkson gets in then either Pogoy or Lee has to go at the SG position.A tandem of Castro/Martin in PG would be awesome or even a Kiefer/Martin.

We laugh when we disagree on opinions hahaha right?

Anyway. Most of the posters suggest players which I agree with and Your stabilizer is not included.

I am to lazy now to explain. So yun lang yun. No Cabaggie for me

Quote Originally Posted by LCM View Post
    Hahaha. They included Barroca to be the stopper for the Kazhakstan’s import. That’s the beauty of the new format. Strategic move yan kumbaga. Match-up wise. It doesn’t mean that if you were included in the line-up for the last window e ikaw na talaga yung gusto ng mga coaches.

Agreed. Troy is a PF in Philippine standard but really is a SF. His handles isn’t fully developed kaya napipilitan mga coaches to put him at PF.

No love for Barocc? How about Cabaggie as the stabilizer according to LCM

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Give up on Rosario to be a PF at WC level,he barely was holding his ground the last two games,his spot should be for another SF,between Blatche,Aguilar and Erram the three of them plays the 4 and 5 positions with Fajardo the main 5.No more Barroca,he can't handle a 6'2 athletic PG,how more in the WC,heck even Gilas knows how to handle midget guards,like the Japanese team have more so the Euros.Thirdy if he can't play the 2 right now then he has no business playing 3 at this level,he's just too short,might as well get Abueva back in the lineup.If Clarkson gets in then either Pogoy or Lee has to go at the SG position.A tandem of Castro/Martin in PG would be awesome or even a Kiefer/Martin.

The last World Cup the reason we were defeated in the end game was because we had small guards. You say Barroca couldnt stop their 6'2 import but he was the best among our players in fighting through screens. In fact he was able to sit Castro for several minutes. This means the guy was doing his job. There is no backup PG better than him right now. If he can learn how to hide physicality from Fiba refs he could actually improve his defense still. He got a lot of fouls called in the 1st game.

You can always say no to smaller players but if there is no one bigger who can do the job better you have to use them. Calvin is not bigger than Thirdy. And he is a worse outside shooter. He can be in the pool I guess.

If only barroca passes his defensive pitpitan ng bayag sefense to aguy who commit degensivebly like parks... we would have no problem defending yhe lillards and hardens (although he will be known by these guys)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Agreed. Troy is a PF in Philippine standard but really is a SF. His handles isn’t fully developed kaya napipilitan mga coaches to put him at PF.

No love for Barocc? How about Cabaggie as the stabilizer according to LCM

For a team like Gilas who has a choice of at least a dozen or so PGs in the PBA,we here can't even agree who to really pick to be a tandem with Castro,its either they're too old,too short,too much offense,too much defense,the only one who has all of that is not even in the PBA,its Remy Martin.I would not like to be in the coaches shoes right now,I probably would put up a dartboard with the pictures of of the PGs and just throw darts on it.

I think Remy while obviously talented is doubtful, for 2 reasons , one he won't get to prepare with the PBA led Gilas team ( even Blatche may play as an import in the PBA) and two he isn't part of a league like the NBA that has an agreement to release him for the World cup. NCAA and Arizona will already have classes (Sept) and will probably say no to a request . That's even if the SBP will make the request.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast