Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    ...if he is going to play for gilas, he should play shooting guard not point guard.
    Lol i thought this is already the consensus given the abundance of talented upcoming pg (martin, kiefer, romeo, bolick) and our lack of wing players. Even in the past nba season, jc rarely played point guard and spent majority of his playing time as a sg. Im sure playing as sg/sf is no problem with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
      Lol i thought this is already the consensus given the abundance of talented upcoming pg (martin, kiefer, romeo, bolick) and our lack of wing players. Even in the past nba season, jc rarely played point guard and spent majority of his playing time as a sg. Im sure playing as sg/sf is no problem with him.
      i think you watched the asian games. he held the ball the majority of our possessions. he also brought the ball down the majority. he shot more often than pass the ball during that stint. heck, even as ballhog as james harden can feed the rockets by atleast 7 assists a game.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        i think you watched the asian games. he held the ball the majority of our possessions. he also brought the ball down the majority. he shot more often than pass the ball during that stint. heck, even as ballhog as james harden can feed the rockets by atleast 7 assists a game.
        They played him like an import. I'm sure if they had more prep time JC would have played better with the team

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
          They played him like an import. I'm sure if they had more prep time JC would have played better with the team
          and were very efficient with him scoring and our guys complementing, remember our 5th window we were so lost as we didnt have that go to guy from perimeter
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            and were very efficient with him scoring and our guys complementing, remember our 5th window we were so lost as we didnt have that go to guy from perimeter
            Yeah we we're able to hang with the best teams. And he is unguardable in the Asian level. We need talent and he's a bonafide NBA starter. Most of his teammates and the crowd wants him to take the shot anyways.

What's the difference between him and let's say Paul Lee? Both are chuckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Yeah we we're able to hang with the best teams. And he is unguardable in the Asian level. We need talent and he's a bonafide NBA starter. Most of his teammates and the crowd wants him to take the shot anyways.

What's the difference between him and let's say Paul Lee? Both are chuckers.
              jordan clarkson can get anywhere he wants and. can still run back on defense.. with paul he cannot get any where he wants unless its a damian lillard range three and despite of that still cant run back on defense..

he doesnt look like chucking in asuan level because like what parks doing in bwe he is just doing his offensive drills at asian level..

Comment

jordan clarkson can get anywhere he wants and. can still run back on defense.. with paul he cannot get any where he wants unless its a damian lillard range three and despite of that still cant run back on defense..

he doesnt look like chucking in asuan level because like what parks doing in bwe he is just doing his offensive drills at asian level..
                Yeah and people are quick to criticize JC's game when our own homegrown chuckers are actually worst. Talent is talent. We're lucky if is even allowed to play. Beggars can't be choosers. Heck I even cheered for Gary David. Clarkson is a major wing upgrade.

Comment

• Counting our chickens before they hatch. We still have no idea if he’s even eligible as a local.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                    Counting our chickens before they hatch. We still have no idea if he’s even eligible as a local.
                    kala ko 3x3 pinaguusapan natin hahahaj

Comment

• Im having second thoughts about having troy rosario in our gilas roster. He’s supposedly the next coming of rdo i.e. stretch big. But at 6’7, he is not that big and lately cannot stretch the floor as much. His go to move of positioning himself under the basket waiting for a drop pass is very limited and honestly can be done by almost anyone.

I see no improvement in his game, still cant put the ball on the floor, same spotty outside shooting, cant defend the perimeter, no post move, etc. No wonder he cant even start ahead of anthony semerad.

Comment

Im having second thoughts about having troy rosario in our gilas roster. He’s supposedly the next coming of rdo i.e. stretch big. But at 6’7, he is not that big and lately cannot stretch the floor as much. His go to move of positioning himself under the basket waiting for a drop pass is very limited and honestly can be done by almost anyone.

I see no improvement in his game, still cant put the ball on the floor, same spotty outside shooting, cant defend the perimeter, no post move, etc. No wonder he cant even start ahead of anthony semerad.
                        its like saying every tnt players are overrated.. di naman as far as the facts he is the most promising guy with that height as of today.

Comment

• Troy is gonna be a 3nD sf for us in the wc. The only reason he waits under the basket yesterday is because kelly williams wasn’t present

Comment

its like saying every tnt players are overrated.. di naman as far as the facts he is the most promising guy with that height as of today.
                            i like pogoy’s game, and ive noticed trollano’s improvement lately. Parang pogoy clone na. Maybe thats why im noticing troy’s lack of improvement, there’s a contrast compared to his teammates.

At this point its very discouraging to think of troy playing in the wing for gilas. Dude cant guard perimeter players, and with him not knowing how to put the ball on the floor, what will he do to counter hard closeouts on his outside shot?

Comment

i like pogoy’s game, and ive noticed trollano’s improvement lately. Parang pogoy clone na. Maybe thats why im noticing troy’s lack of improvement, there’s a contrast compared to his teammates.

At this point its very discouraging to think of troy playing in the wing for gilas. Dude cant guard perimeter players, and with him not knowing how to put the ball on the floor, what will he do to counter hard closeouts on his outside shot?
                              These are the things I hate to say in troy rosarios game..

I dont really get basta magaling o nakakatira sa tres pang gilas.. nakupo..di dapat ganun

Comment

• Disappointed din ako knowing troy’s work ethic and attitude. Masipag talaga and knows how to sacrifice. Maybe he needs a personal skills coach. He can be so much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information