Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 2538

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

  1. #721
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    they can get QMB as naturalized spot.. he’s 6’9
    2023 is still a long time away, we should turn our attention to the fiba asia cup qualifers after the world cup

  2. #722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    ...if he is going to play for gilas, he should play shooting guard not point guard.
    Lol i thought this is already the consensus given the abundance of talented upcoming pg (martin, kiefer, romeo, bolick) and our lack of wing players. Even in the past nba season, jc rarely played point guard and spent majority of his playing time as a sg. Im sure playing as sg/sf is no problem with him.

  3. #723
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,926
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    Lol i thought this is already the consensus given the abundance of talented upcoming pg (martin, kiefer, romeo, bolick) and our lack of wing players. Even in the past nba season, jc rarely played point guard and spent majority of his playing time as a sg. Im sure playing as sg/sf is no problem with him.
    i think you watched the asian games. he held the ball the majority of our possessions. he also brought the ball down the majority. he shot more often than pass the ball during that stint. heck, even as ballhog as james harden can feed the rockets by atleast 7 assists a game.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  4. #724
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    i think you watched the asian games. he held the ball the majority of our possessions. he also brought the ball down the majority. he shot more often than pass the ball during that stint. heck, even as ballhog as james harden can feed the rockets by atleast 7 assists a game.
    They played him like an import. I'm sure if they had more prep time JC would have played better with the team

  5. #725
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They played him like an import. I'm sure if they had more prep time JC would have played better with the team
    and were very efficient with him scoring and our guys complementing, remember our 5th window we were so lost as we didnt have that go to guy from perimeter
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  6. #726
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    and were very efficient with him scoring and our guys complementing, remember our 5th window we were so lost as we didnt have that go to guy from perimeter
    Yeah we we're able to hang with the best teams. And he is unguardable in the Asian level. We need talent and he's a bonafide NBA starter. Most of his teammates and the crowd wants him to take the shot anyways.

    What's the difference between him and let's say Paul Lee? Both are chuckers.

  7. #727
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Yeah we we're able to hang with the best teams. And he is unguardable in the Asian level. We need talent and he's a bonafide NBA starter. Most of his teammates and the crowd wants him to take the shot anyways.

    What's the difference between him and let's say Paul Lee? Both are chuckers.
    jordan clarkson can get anywhere he wants and. can still run back on defense.. with paul he cannot get any where he wants unless its a damian lillard range three and despite of that still cant run back on defense..

    he doesnt look like chucking in asuan level because like what parks doing in bwe he is just doing his offensive drills at asian level..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  8. #728
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    jordan clarkson can get anywhere he wants and. can still run back on defense.. with paul he cannot get any where he wants unless its a damian lillard range three and despite of that still cant run back on defense..

    he doesnt look like chucking in asuan level because like what parks doing in bwe he is just doing his offensive drills at asian level..
    Yeah and people are quick to criticize JC's game when our own homegrown chuckers are actually worst. Talent is talent. We're lucky if is even allowed to play. Beggars can't be choosers. Heck I even cheered for Gary David. Clarkson is a major wing upgrade.

  9. #729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,793
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Counting our chickens before they hatch. We still have no idea if he’s even eligible as a local.

  10. #730
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Counting our chickens before they hatch. We still have no idea if he’s even eligible as a local.
    kala ko 3x3 pinaguusapan natin hahahaj
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  11. #731
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Im having second thoughts about having troy rosario in our gilas roster. He’s supposedly the next coming of rdo i.e. stretch big. But at 6’7, he is not that big and lately cannot stretch the floor as much. His go to move of positioning himself under the basket waiting for a drop pass is very limited and honestly can be done by almost anyone.

    I see no improvement in his game, still cant put the ball on the floor, same spotty outside shooting, cant defend the perimeter, no post move, etc. No wonder he cant even start ahead of anthony semerad.

  12. #732
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    Im having second thoughts about having troy rosario in our gilas roster. He’s supposedly the next coming of rdo i.e. stretch big. But at 6’7, he is not that big and lately cannot stretch the floor as much. His go to move of positioning himself under the basket waiting for a drop pass is very limited and honestly can be done by almost anyone.

    I see no improvement in his game, still cant put the ball on the floor, same spotty outside shooting, cant defend the perimeter, no post move, etc. No wonder he cant even start ahead of anthony semerad.
    its like saying every tnt players are overrated.. di naman as far as the facts he is the most promising guy with that height as of today.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  13. #733
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Troy is gonna be a 3nD sf for us in the wc. The only reason he waits under the basket yesterday is because kelly williams wasn’t present

  14. #734
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    its like saying every tnt players are overrated.. di naman as far as the facts he is the most promising guy with that height as of today.
    i like pogoy’s game, and ive noticed trollano’s improvement lately. Parang pogoy clone na. Maybe thats why im noticing troy’s lack of improvement, there’s a contrast compared to his teammates.

    At this point its very discouraging to think of troy playing in the wing for gilas. Dude cant guard perimeter players, and with him not knowing how to put the ball on the floor, what will he do to counter hard closeouts on his outside shot?

  15. #735
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    i like pogoy’s game, and ive noticed trollano’s improvement lately. Parang pogoy clone na. Maybe thats why im noticing troy’s lack of improvement, there’s a contrast compared to his teammates.

    At this point its very discouraging to think of troy playing in the wing for gilas. Dude cant guard perimeter players, and with him not knowing how to put the ball on the floor, what will he do to counter hard closeouts on his outside shot?
    These are the things I hate to say in troy rosarios game..

    I dont really get basta magaling o nakakatira sa tres pang gilas.. nakupo..di dapat ganun
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #736
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Disappointed din ako knowing troy’s work ethic and attitude. Masipag talaga and knows how to sacrifice. Maybe he needs a personal skills coach. He can be so much more.

  17. #737
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    Disappointed din ako knowing troy’s work ethic and attitude. Masipag talaga and knows how to sacrifice. Maybe he needs a personal skills coach. He can be so much more.
    in tnt where you cant really get any dynamic to your game.. People hate how smb juices every skill of players but hey they really get all the skills.. you see ross improving his 3, cabaggie posting up...junmar doing mid range.. cs trying to go left etc. it is dissapointing that troy is taller than danny i maybe more athletic but doesnt have any inch of danny ildefonsos post game..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  18. #738
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Curious to see how our defense will do against the insane ball movement of the serbs

  19. #739
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,663
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Curious to see how our defense will do against the insane ball movement of the serbs
    Just re-watch the Kazakhstan game back in November/December. It's basically the same type of system multiplied by 50.

  20. #740
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,517
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    i like pogoy’s game, and ive noticed trollano’s improvement lately. Parang pogoy clone na. Maybe thats why im noticing troy’s lack of improvement, there’s a contrast compared to his teammates.

    At this point its very discouraging to think of troy playing in the wing for gilas. Dude cant guard perimeter players, and with him not knowing how to put the ball on the floor, what will he do to counter hard closeouts on his outside shot?
    I agree, Pogoy and Trollano have made strides in their game. Even Tautuaa seems to have improved at North Port. Troy is still more potential. The guy doesnt have a killer instinct.

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •