Page 428 of 600 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 11993

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

  1. #8541
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,981

    Default

    Very simple naman, you cannot simply lose to Serbia by 10 pts, win vs Italy and Montenegro and say palaging tsamba.. That's around 200 minutes of basketball of around 400 possessions, surely the odds of you not keeping up vs elite teams will show if you're not of that level. Nz while not top tier surely must be of a certain level to compete

    While Gilas can lose, iba usapan na yun if 50 plus loss for 2 games with a loss to Adelaide, obvious naman mababa yung level, regardless of prep and player availability issues
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  2. #8542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Nz numba wan

  3. #8543
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Very simple naman, you cannot simply lose to Serbia by 10 pts, win vs Italy and Montenegro and say palaging tsamba.. That's around 200 minutes of basketball of around 400 possessions, surely the odds of you not keeping up vs elite teams will show if you're not of that level. Nz while not top tier surely must be of a certain level to compete

    While Gilas can lose, iba usapan na yun if 50 plus loss for 2 games with a loss to Adelaide, obvious naman mababa yung level, regardless of prep and player availability issues
    Yes we know. You literally said the same thing in two posts again smh. We have been discussing for days now and you still wanna say it to rub it in. Very obvious agenda.

  4. #8544

  5. #8545
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Steps up to mic, straightens tie, clears throat, taps mic.

    "This thing on?"

    Murmurs of assent.

    Clears throat again.

    "New Zealand good."

    The crowd excitedly begins to talk amongst themselves, many holding bated breath.

    "Philippines..."

    A hush falls over the crowd, rapt attention held.

    "Bad."

    Suddenly, the crowd goes wild, screaming their praise, demanding awards, running over each other to hug a loved one. Whistles of elation are heard and many are seen sobbing. World peace is enacted in acknowledgement to this monumental speech that knit the world together.

  6. #8546
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,739
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    Lol he’s not gonna resign is he...

  7. #8547
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    19,060
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Japan losing to turkey (without wilbekin) and Czechs (without Vesely) makes them better than us definitely but still tier 6 for me in this wc. NZ win against Montenegro (low tier european team) makes them tier 4-5 in this wc. Seeing as a low tier Dominican Republic beat germany... I wouldn’t be too proud of Japan’s win over Germany. You don’t need to state the Obvious every single time that we are fucking TRASH compared to the rest of the world. You should audition for South Park’s voice actor for Captain Obvious.
    bro, your words.. if you want to swear like F*(k not like the one you type..

  8. #8548
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,634
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    perpetrating mediocrity as its finest. typical politiko. he is this world cup of version of master pogi against djordjevic's vegeta personality. until he does not accept the reality, we are still in trouble for the years to come.

    i doubt if he is going to resign and i sincerely hope that he will.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  9. #8549
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    bro, your words.. if you want to swear like F*(k not like the one you type..
    ok....

  10. #8550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    It wasn't for Korea we wouldn't be competing in the world cup. Imo we don't deserve it, our preparation has been terrible

  11. #8551
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,806
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Chot was decent but melodramatic. He was also TV 5 pres. So you couldnt really say he was only focused on Gilas. He was honest enough to know he needed outside help though.

    He also had prime Blatche. That World Cups best player. Now its even debatable if he is still the best player on the team.

    With prime Blatche we could put a midget lineup around him. It helped two of those midgets were very effective internationally. Easy to take advantage of Blatches spacing. We also had a stretch 4 who could drive it. We had prime Norwood and prime Pingris two excellent defenders. And we had the element of surprise. No one heard of a point center bringing up the ball and driving and a bunch of running and shooting undersized players.

    Basically we had excellent role players that you could put around a world level talent such as Blatche.

    Now we have bigger guards and a better June Mar. Basically taller players. But a subprime Blatche and no element of surprise. Blatche was totally ineffective from the perimeter or the post. His moves were called offensive fouls.

    Its not fair to say Yeng is a much worse coach than Chot. A prime Blatche and the element of surprise contributed greatly.

    Lets judge him tomorrow against Angola. I would say Tab is superior in that he demanded a level of fitness for players to play his system. The long prep for the OQT, on hindsight, paid dividends with competitive games against teams comparable to Serbia and Italy (edit: Those france and nz teams were much weaker than Serbia and Italy. ) At the very least I hope the team owners led by SMC realize this.O
    Last edited by IshmaelM; 09-03-2019 at 11:49 AM.

  12. #8552
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,171
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    Irreconcilable arguments ito. They are talking in different context. One, world. The other, Asia. Since we are in the WORLD Cup, Yeng should just man up and admit to the fact that we really lack quality world level players esp in this lineup. Look at our 2nd stringers and tell the Serbian coach he’s lying. Besides, it’s not like he said we don’t have quality players. I am sure he has seen some of our players are capable of slugging it out with the best of them.

    This is just a case of one’s pride getting poked.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  13. #8553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Lol he’s not gonna resign is he...
    He's a politician makakapal talaga mukha ng mga yan haha

  14. #8554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    334
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    perpetrating mediocrity as its finest. typical politiko. he is this world cup of version master pogi against djordjevic's vegeta personality. until he does not accept the reality, we are still in trouble for the years to come.
    May I add arrogant with limited coaching skills and a foul mouth? God I hate that this type of people represent us Filipinos in international event like this!

  15. #8555
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Ipasa nalang dapat sa SMC yung SBP. Tutal sila naman pinakamalakas both as a teams and pba politics
    Does SMC though know how to prepare Gilas from. Logistics, tuneups, contacts and the like... Baka parang Yeng Guaio din na Insular thinking, remember Chua their Basketball operations head was a former BCAP president..

  16. #8556
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,634
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Does SMC though know how to prepare Gilas from. Logistics, tuneups, contacts and the like... Baka parang Yeng Guaio din na Insular thinking, remember Chua their Basketball operations head was a former BCAP president..
    i don't trust smc. danding yes because he was able to bring ron jacobs here before but the current smc? definitely not. if danding is still running the show for smc, yes but it is now run by rsa so no.

    nagreklamo nga sila sa 50 million na nagastos nila for 6 months eh when they sponsored team pilipinas 2007, ito pa kayang long term? remember, they don't wanna sponsor team pilipinas as they said in 2008 that's it was the powerade that sponsored our team in 2009.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  17. #8557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Steps up to mic, straightens tie, clears throat, taps mic.

    "This thing on?"

    Murmurs of assent.

    Clears throat again.

    "New Zealand good."

    The crowd excitedly begins to talk amongst themselves, many holding bated breath.

    "Philippines..."

    A hush falls over the crowd, rapt attention held.

    "Bad."

    Suddenly, the crowd goes wild, screaming their praise, demanding awards, running over each other to hug a loved one. Whistles of elation are heard and many are seen sobbing. World peace is enacted in acknowledgement to this monumental speech that knit the world together.
    Objectively bro how would you describe our Gilas team, if not Bad? Among the 7 As Pac team, how would you rate Gilas....?

  18. #8558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Nz numba wan
    Let him gloat bro, we have not proven anything nor we have won over NZ.. Magyabang tayo pag natalo na natin sila... Especially if we were blown out by an average of 52.5 points 2 games...

  19. #8559
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Chot was decent but melodramatic. He was also TV 5 pres. So you couldnt really say he was only focused on Gilas. He was honest enough to know he needed outside help though.

    He also had prime Blatche. That World Cups best player. Now its even debatable if he is still the best player on the team.

    With prime Blatche we could put a midget lineup around him. It helped two of those midgets were very effective internationally. Easy to take advantage of Blatches spacing. We also had a stretch 4 who could drive it. We had prime Norwood and prime Pingris two excellent defenders. And we had the element of surprise. No one heard of a point center bringing up the ball and driving and a bunch of running and shooting undersized players.

    Basically we had excellent role players that you could put around a world level talent such as Blatche.

    Now we have bigger guards and a better June Mar. Basically taller players. But a subprime Blatche and no element of surprise. Blatche was totally ineffective from the perimeter or the post. His moves were called offensive fouls.

    Its not fair to say Yeng is a much worse coach than Chot. A prime Blatche and the element of surprise contributed greatly.

    Lets judge him tomorrow against Angola. I would say Tab is superior in that he demanded a level of fitness for players to play his system. The long prep for the OQT, on hindsight, paid dividends with competitive games against teams comparable to Serbia and Italy. At the very least I hope the team owners led by SMC realize this.
    of ciurse Yeng is a worse coach...why?... because he didnt prepare this team well enough...he didnt surround him with assistant coaches who have strong credentials in international competition....yeng is so proud to get assistance from knowledgeable people....thats the reason why Yeng is a worse coach

  20. #8560
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Objectively bro how would you describe our Gilas team, if not Bad? Among the 7 As Pac team, how would you rate Gilas....?
    In this wc? I would say a little better than Jordan (we are top 6 in As Pac)but its too early for rankings...lets wait for end of Classification.

Page 428 of 600 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •