Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I dont know about edu in the starting lineup or playing center. i think norwood should replace him in the starting 5, plus he would get bullied by the much bulkier and experienced opposing bigs
    Edu now playing good basketball in US NCAA, especially on defense, maybe a back up for 1 of our PF's... still better than Japeth, Rosario and Erram.. Japeth is always inconsistent and always rattled in crucial games, Rosario was small and thin, same as Erram.. they will also bully by oppenents because of height and heft!!! Edu's wingspan enough to contribute on defense...

Quote Originally Posted by gwapongkabayo View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mYpLk-mjcXM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Draw procedures has been released. If I understood correctly, here's our possible opponents:

Serbia Russia Nigeria
    Argentina Brazil Senegal
    Lithuania Italy Angola
    Greece

What's our best and worst case scenario?
    best case if we will group to Argentina's group.. in the top seeds, Argentina were weaker compare that 3 Euro squads.. the crucial are the next top seed that we possible to be our opponent.. Russia is still strong, but weaker compare to their past teams.. Is Mosgov still playing? but the worst case if we will group to Italy, they are strong.. they have 3 headed monsters (Bennineli, Gallinari, Hackkett), Is Bargnani still also playing? on African side, one thing i don't like.. the Nigeria, they are strong, strongest now in African region.. So the best is group with either Angola and Senegal, who latter we defeat last time at 2014 WC...

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    here is my most realistic Line - up that would have good balance on defense and offense mobile bigs and quick guards just lack a natural shooter on the starting 5 but we have Blatch, Clarkson and Castro who are scorers.

C - Edu 6'11"
    PF - Aguilar 6' 9"
    SF - Blatch 6' 11" (more conditioning 2014 world Cup blatch would fit for a 3 spot in the current Gilas pool)
    SG - Clarkson 6' 5" (crossing Fingers on this one)
    PG - Castro 5' 11"

Bench:

C - Fajardo
    PF/SF - Rosario
    SG - Pogoy or Wright
    SG - Lassiter
    SF/SG - Norwood
    PG - Martin
    PG - K. Ravena

Reserves:

Wright or Pogoy
    Erram
    Lee
    Tanginang ito, fuck you, another Kiefer nuthugger. Cheaters don't deserve to play competitive basketball anymore. Tangina mo.

Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    Tanginang ito, fuck you, another Kiefer nuthugger. Cheaters don't deserve to play competitive basketball anymore. Tangina mo.
    Wow Triggered si kuya. Move on, KF didn't cheat on Mika for Alyssa. It was a mutual breakup.

Or are you talking about the dick pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Wow Triggered si kuya. Move on, KF didn't cheat on Mika for Alyssa. It was a mutual breakup.

Or are you talking about the dick pic?
    I think he's referring to the PED issue

In going up against the top 20 nations, it is absolutely stupid to carry more than the minimum short guards, and suicidal not to maximize on the size and skills of forwards

The team can easily afford not bringing kiefer ravena, and would be very unwise not to bring the available aj edu and erram. Size and quickness are absolutely required for world-level tournaments.

People deserve forgiveness especially when they've paid their dues, and Im saying this as the opposite of a fan of the PEDnom.

lol people doesn't have a freedom to choose their favorite players anymore.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Did kief intentionally use the PEDs or he just doesnt know that its already a banned substance?

Quote Originally Posted by prince75 View Post
    Did kief intentionally use the PEDs or he just doesnt know that its already a banned substance?
    already a past issue and damage has been done..theres a story not all gilas players took the test and kiefer was ahem unluckily selected on this random drug test and then rest is history..What was unacceptable is that sbp is saying if only kiefer admit that he take peds he will be only suspended for two months..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

He claims ignorance that he was taking PEDs. Its up to the individual if you believe him. Most of Philippines sports media has his back for what thats worth.

I believe Ravena should be included in the pool. It will be how he performs on the tune-up games that will be the basis if he is taken or not. But before him Remy is the priority I guess. But that also brings up chemistry questions.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    I believe Ravena should be included in the pool. It will be how he performs on the tune-up games that will be the basis if he is taken or not. But before him Remy is the priority I guess. But that also brings up chemistry questions.
    By the time of the WC he’ll be less than a month off his suspension. He’ll be rusty as hell.

Again he got the drink in the locker room and wasnt the only one on it

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Again he got the drink in the locker room and wasnt the only one on it
    Delicate issue...thank Japn was a very good sport..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Wow! Since it me you quoted.. fuck you and tangina mo rin! Mods should ban this kind of post..

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920