X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
    Is Remy eligible?
    yeah...
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Thirdy, Ricci and Kai already started participating in the qualifiers. Including the other 23-for-23 players in the training pool would do us a lot of good.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        the program is in place now starting with their youth teams.
        but would they reach the top 8 in fiba asia cup let alone qualify for it? another question is that would those guys from their youth level competitve enough in 2023? i hope both will be affirmative.
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

SBP do your work now on Clarkson

The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) said they were working hard to have NBA star Jordan Clarkson declared eligible for this year's FIBA World Cup as they celebrated their "against all odds" qualification on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by shakenblake View Post
            Is the 2019 FIBA World Cup the qualifying tournament for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
            Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
            i think only the top 7 plus host japan. the rest of the slots will come from the wild cards.
            oceania will be seperated. so 1 slot for Oceania and the 2nd best one will go to OQT

As for Asia, host japan is already seeded so the best ranked asian team in World cup will go to olympics. the 2nd-4th spot goes to OQT..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              oceania will be seperated. so 1 slot for Oceania and the 2nd best one will go to OQT

As for Asia, host japan is already seeded so the best ranked asian team in World cup will go to olympics. the 2nd-4th spot goes to OQT..
              So safe to say we are not aiming for moral victories in the World Cup. As it will served as a qualifying tournament also for the Olympics

Comment

Is the 2019 FIBA World Cup the qualifying tournament for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
                So safe to say we are not aiming for moral victories in the World Cup. As it will served as a qualifying tournament also for the Olympics
                yep.. the PBA gave 2 weeks of preparation., hope they’re talk to PBA and extend it to 1 month preparation with one or 2 practices per week leading up to world cup,,
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                  I hope we can convince FIBA, would be awesome to have JC play as a local, I can just imagine how great it would be to have blatch and clarkson in the World Cup..

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    yep.. the PBA gave 2 weeks of preparation., hope they’re talk to PBA and extend it to 1 month preparation with one or 2 practices per week leading up to world cup,,

Would be great if they create a seperate team for the NT in the PBA..

Comment

will china group themselves to with an asiannteam to assure entry to second round?
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        will china group themselves to with an asiannteam to assure entry to second round?
                        For sure but in my opinion, based on their history, China always matchup well with euro teams.

Comment

For sure but in my opinion, based on their history, China always matchup well with euro teams.
                          and bad against americas teams... I think they can outskill african teams as they are like iran
                          Last edited by reamily; 02-25-2019, 11:00 PM.
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I hope and pray that Clarkson will be considered as a local. I hope FIBA has the heart at least in WC or Olympic competition that he will be allowed as local, and we are a basketball loving country and this can also be a good advertisement for them.

Sigh.. Greg Slaughter was a waste when he was given exemption, which i hope was given to Clarkson instead.

I do believe if we have a Clarkson in our roster, along with Blatche and add Remi Martin and Edu , i think we can reach the quarter finals.

But come to think of it, the game will be held in China, and China looks down on Philippines and does not us to best ever them so they will find away that Clarkson will not be allowed as local.
                            Last edited by yogaflame; 02-25-2019, 08:58 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                              I hope and pray that Clarkson will be considered as a local. I hope FIBA has the heart at least in WC or Olympic competition that he will be allowed as local, and we are a basketball loving country and this can also be a good advertisement for them.

Sigh.. Greg Slaughter was a waste when he was given exemption, which i hope was given to Clarkson instead.

I do believe if we have a Clarkson in our roster, along with Blatche and add Remi Martin and Edu , i think we can reach the quarter finals.

But come to think of it, the game will be held in China, and China looks down on Philippines and does not us to best ever them so they will find away that Clarkson will not be allowed as local.

Let's see..it will be very beneficial for CHINA if more NBA players play in the tournament they will be hosting. And besides, Chairman Yao is open-minded and a progressive thinker, if not fiercely independent. I think if SBP will gracefully ask Chairman Yao Ming to request to FIBA on our behalf, PHL might have a chance to play JC as a local. I'm sure FIBA will at least here Yao Ming's request., and it is not in their benefit to dismiss him completely. Shot in the dark, i know, but worth a shot asking Chairman Yao.

Comment

Given our team's needs, I think the young kid that should be inserted to the team is AJ Edu. Putting him in place of Poy will shore up our frontcourt. Even our wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information