Page 124 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4580

Thread: Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Out of all the SEA teams, I expect Indonesia to break away from the rest of the pack and solidify themselves #2 in the region. They're still gonna be miles away from the PH of course but their only goal right now is to show FIBA that they deserve a slot for the 2023 WC. The SEA games are basically their prep for the upcoming Asia Cup qualifiers and if they can't even qualify for 2021, well thats bye bye 2023 for them.
    i hope so. they have a strong program in place. now with toroman, i expect them to distance themselves further. they have the money too.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I somehow want our SEA team be made up by predominantly ineligibles and destroy the competition even worse than before- ultimately sending a message to FIBA. But then again, doing so would create more resistance from rival teams. Lol
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Question, How's Troy playing?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Can anyone provide insight on who are classification oppoenents in WC will be if we don't make 2nd round? Is it merging with a specific group?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Can anyone provide insight on who are classification oppoenents in WC will be if we don't make 2nd round? Is it merging with a specific group?
    Group C & D for us.

Iran, Tunisia, Philippines, Angola.

1st in group will end up rank 17–20
    2nd 21–24
    3rd 25–28
    4th 29–32

So if games go according to seeding, we play Tunisia and Iran? Those are winnable games, quite different compared to 2014.

If we make 25th to 28th that would an accomplishment (good performance

So if games go according to seeding, we play Tunisia and Iran? Those are winnable games, quite different compared to 2014.

If we make 25th to 28th that would an accomplishment (good performance
    Yup. The key here is that at the very least if Gilas wins against Angola then against a very winnable Tunisia & Iran, rank 17-20 would be a very very impressive feat. Knock on wood though.

Yup. The key here is that at the very least if Gilas wins against Angola then against a very winnable Tunisia & Iran, rank 17-20 would be a very very impressive feat. Knock on wood though.
    That should be the focus then of our preparation, beating those teams. we should look past the Serbia and Italy games
    The tune up games in Spain suggests that's our plan and target

And a possible qualification to the Olympics if China chokes big time.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

That should be the focus then of our preparation, beating those teams. we should look past the Serbia and Italy games
    The tune up games in Spain suggests that's our plan and target
    The Spain trip could tell us just how our WC campaign could end up. Gilas have to get past Congo(twice) and they need to stay competitive with Ivory Coast to stand a chance against the likes of Angola & Tunisia.

*In the FIBA Africa qualifiers Congo was very competitive. They beat Angola by 10 and lost by 9 in the 2nd game.

*Tunisia ended up #1 overall(beat angola by 20 in 1 game, lost by 6 in the 2nd)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/c...cho-cruz-reyes

Remember this incident between ross and yeng guiao, with Ross claiming Yeng called him an N word? Parks was the one who reacted/supported Ross against Yeng. Breadcrumbs on why this guy won't play under Guiao.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/c...cho-cruz-reyes

Remember this incident between ross and yeng guiao, with Ross claiming Yeng called him an N word? Parks was the one who reacted/supported Ross against Yeng. Breadcrumbs on why this guy won't play under Guiao.
    That's unfortunate if Parks thinks that way. Looks petty to me relative to representing your country in a world scale.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Out of all the SEA teams, I expect Indonesia to break away from the rest of the pack and solidify themselves #2 in the region. They're still gonna be miles away from the PH of course but their only goal right now is to show FIBA that they deserve a slot for the 2023 WC. The SEA games are basically their prep for the upcoming Asia Cup qualifiers and if they can't even qualify for 2021, well thats bye bye 2023 for them.
    I thought indones is to get a automatic slot as they're co-hosting?

Anyway, for SEA games, I'd like to see our cadets along with Kai, Dave and tamayo plus some ineligible filams who's been wanting to represent. It's not really that fun anymore watching an Overkill

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    That's unfortunate if Parks thinks that way. Looks petty to me relative to representing your country in a world scale.
    I've just watched the CNN interview of Ronnie Magsanoc, one of the things he says. Coach yeng is looking for a big guard, combo guard player that is a scorer and can defend the one or two spot (pesky defender ala Jalalon and LA Tenorio) Looking at the pool, CJ Perez definitely fits the bill.

Just saw the pool you gathered together. Know most of the names, but don't know how good they are this season. Are there any significant missings? Can't see Castro there, that's probably the biggest one. Also no Romeo, Parks or are there already better options?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Just saw the pool you gathered together. Know most of the names, but don't know how good they are this season. Are there any significant missings? Can't see Castro there, that's probably the biggest one. Also no Romeo, Parks or are there already better options?
    castro beg off due to illness of his child
    romeo wasn’t included because of “injury”
    parks jr declined the offer because he said the players who played during the qualifiers are the ones supposed to play for world cup and he just joined his new club in pba..

An all-pba team will always have decent fiba class players. The teamwork and will to win are usually the indecent parts.

Madaling sabihin na magaling ang pinoy na player. Mahirap sabihin na magaling ang pinoy na team.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 07-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Look at this way, if an American national team coach called a black person a n* do you honestly think they will play for that coach even if it's for the country? No, it's not petty it's a serious accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I thought "Hagop Rule" doesn't apply in the SEA Games.

Jeremiah Gray & Roosevelt Adams are solid options for the SEA Games-bound RP team
    Brickman
    Gray
    Adams
    Mikey Williams
    Brandon rosser
    Lawrence domingo

These guy I think will allowed to joining seagames this year.. in order for them to join pba draft next year without playing pba dleague.. pba wanted to have larger players to enter the pba draft...

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Every group is gonna be tough, with two teams per group clearly ahead over their counterparts. It's Korea and the Philippines in Group A, China and Japan in Group B, Australia and New Zealand in Group C. I don't see any of the third-seeded teams making a splash in the first round, with the exception of maybe Guam. The second round will be no less tough as Indonesia might go up against the likes of Iraq, Syria, and Kazakhstan or Palestine.
    Expecting that Indonesia makes 2nd round by placing 3rd seed.. they will go up vs Taipei (b), Guam (c), Iraq/India (d) , Syria/KSA (e) and Palestine/Kazakhstan (f).. only 4 teams will go to FIBA Asia main tournament..this is hard for Indonesia to advance.. coach toroman should let his Indonesian players to more matured and reach that peak when this 2nd round comes... All of these countries can give upper tier teams hard time before winning..

Page 124 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast