Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cartman42 View Post
    I want Kobe to succeed, but he's crazy overrated by casual fans right now. Not to sound condescending, just talking facts.
    casual fans = up non basketball community? haha
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
      If we say NBA star potential, that definitely makes him overated. But if if we speak potential key piece for the national team, he's right there. Size, athleticism, speed, strength, and even skills are all there. Just has to put his head on the basketball court. Bad shot selection, star complex, those are both mental and is just a matter of maturity and the right coach to mentor him.

Kobe just won the BLIA Cup MVP and helped UP become the 2nd Philippine university to win the title. Last year, la sallw which won it in 2017, placed 5th. In the finals, was forcing shots after shotsband playing mediocre defense, took some lashing from the coach to fire him up and ended up with 37 pts. UP played without juan and Ricci.
      I agree. Hope he can continue to improve for he's a potential national team asset.

Comment

• I dont really get the reasoning of being unpatriotic when you opt out to be in the world cup, US players even in their offseason are declining weeks before the training camp, tayo ongoing pa yun playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          I dont really get the reasoning of being unpatriotic when you opt out to be in the world cup, US players even in their offseason are declining weeks before the training camp, tayo ongoing pa yun playoffs
          i guess the long pba season would be one major factor why they opt out,

Comment

I dont really get the reasoning of being unpatriotic when you opt out to be in the world cup, US players even in their offseason are declining weeks before the training camp, tayo ongoing pa yun playoffs
            I'm not even aware that PBA has an off-season. Hindi kasi halata eh.

About some NBA stars/superstars refusing to play for team USA in world tournaments, I think that's the tendency of being too popular & too rich. They don't give a rat's ass about tournaments like FIBA World Cup or even the Olympics. In reality kasi, NBA is much bigger than FIBA. You know what I'm implying.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• The World Cup is really water downed both in terms of the best players staying away and the dillusion of weak teams with a 32 team field and 8 Asian teams
              It's really the Olympics that is considered the top event where the best and limited to top 12 or so is represented
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

About some NBA stars/superstars refusing to play for team USA in world tournaments, I think that's the tendency of being too popular & too rich. They don't give a rat's ass about tournaments like FIBA World Cup or even the Olympics. In reality kasi, NBA is much bigger than FIBA. You know what I'm implying.
                not for long when this team got smothered by euro teams in world cup that want a piece of them.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

I can guarantee that more of the top American players will be inclined to play if they don’t get gold this year. However, I agree on the whole money factor. The contracts for even average level role players in the NBA are insane, so I wouldn’t be surprised if team representatives and agents just make all the decisions for players. I just hope there isn’t an asterisk next to the championship of a potential non-USA winner this year. We already know that there will be a bunch of people taking about how this version of team USA wasn’t their real team etc etc.
                  Last edited by Cyclone7; 07-23-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone7 View Post
                    I can guarantee that more of the top American players will be inclined to play if they don’t get gold this year. However, I agree on the whole money factor. The contracts for even average level role players in the NBA are insane, so I wouldn’t be surprised if team representatives and agents just make all the decisions for players. I just hope there isn’t an asterisk next to the championship of a potential non-USA winner this year. We already know that there will be a bunch of people taking about how this version of team USA wasn’t their real team etc etc.
                    Same thing with us harping around not being able to form the best team with best players before. Some would say that for sure, it's but natural. In the end, people need to live with the results and its consequences.
                    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Come on mamon even if serbia win it in 2016 olympics there still be asterisk no lebron no curry no kawhi

Comment

Come on mamon even if serbia win it in 2016 olympics there still be asterisk no lebron no curry no kawhi
                        Team USA is still pretty stacked with Lillard, Walker, Mitchell, Tatum, and Kuzma in the lineup.

They are vulnerable and can be beaten if they start getting cocky. The Boomers and the Serbs can give them scares if they are not careful.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• IMO, an Olympic Gold is an Olympic Gold. All others are mere excuses. Hence, if there were no Lebron, Kawhi, Harden, etc. etc. in Team USA then it is their fault or their loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            No Durant, harden, no kawhii etc won't hurt team USA as much as it hurts Gilas when SMC holds their players. That is why NBA players can get away with begging off from playing. Team USA with just college players can still win if given enough preparation. Besides, even if stars like harden skips, there would still be a handful of other NBA players who are near as good to take their slots
                            I disagree with the part about Team USA being able to win this tournament with just college players even with prep time. Some teams were competitive against the 2016 Olympic roster that included many All-Star players not named Lebron, Harden, Davis, Leonard, or Curry. It is true though that we don’t have the depth (especially in terms of centers) to be able to make up for the loss of guys like Junemar and Japeth. The good news is that Kai and AJ can fill that void in the near future, and that we have a bunch of promising guards as well.

Comment

• This year will be Team USA's most vulnerable since losing in 2004 and 2006. Maybe they are getting complacent again.

Good thing for them, almost all the big NBA names for the other teams won't be there as well:
                              the 18th tournament of the FIBA Basketball World Cup. The tournament will be hosted in China and it will mark a new era for the competition, with 32 teams participating.

Comment

• It seems like star NBA players just don't care about the world cup. They are more interested in playing in the olympics. Hope they don't win gold this August

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information