No announcement yet.

Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dilemna of aussies rugby like defense, they get away with it but in the dying momebts referees will call it...its been like that since time immemorial...wait lang.. whats the highest placing of australia in the world cup?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• those 22 TO's hurt the boomers against spain..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        dilemna of aussies rugby like defense, they get away with it but in the dying momebts referees will call it...its been like that since time immemorial...wait lang.. whats the highest placing of australia in the world cup?
        5th place(94 world cup)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          Watching the Australia-Spain semis game last friday, I'm really impressed with Mark Gasol's turn-around fader which he does it without any fanfare but very effective. Hindi nga maganda panuurin mga galaw ni Gasol eh. Parang old school na mga galaw na walang finesse. Very simple looking move/shot but very effective.

I think the back-to-the-basket turn-around fade away shot is something that our bigs like Junmar Fajardo & Greg Slaughter should have developed some years ago. Such shot or move should be developed because a big man or a center would not be always be able to power his way close to the basket for a point-blank shot. If ranged against strong & very physical bigs or centers, mahihirapan ka na to power your way close to the basket. At kapag pinilit mo pa, its either you will be called for an offensive foul or you will be trapped deep in the paint resulting in a turn over.

The turn-around fade away shot could also served as a contingency move in case you are about to be trapped by a double team or you are about to be called for a 3-second violation while staying in the shaded lane too long.

I just hope that our young bigs like Kai Sotto, AJ Edu & Geo Chiu develops this move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFtBMTr8uho
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YodN4vo8P3s
          Lakay is one of the notable local big man's coach we have, if you noticed that some of Carl tamayo's move in world U19, specially on one-on one or post plays is clearly lakays move

Comment

• I’m cheering for Spain against Australia. This may sound childish, the Boomers played good basketball but I do not like them anymore after that brawl with Gilas I think that batch of Aussie players they have that superior mentality against Gilas.

I hope the Jurrasic filipino coaches, PBA pa-superstar, college “PRO” players are watching the games of Spain, Serbia and Argentina. Ganun dapat ang basketball.
            Sabi nga ng coach ng Serbia: Napakaganda na sport ang basketball kung sisimplehan mo lang.

Comment

• Puro papogi moves pa din in general yung mga UAAP players.

Comment

• Kinda miss Chot coaching and the drama that goes with it ( cheezy ) he mentioned that we really cannot go tall because other nation would be much taller than us so to negate that he puts in the line up 3 high IQ pgs Castro, Alapag and Tenorio and Romeo towards the latter version of Gilas.

Chot knows the PG spot can compete against the world elite eventhough we are overmatched heightwise.

Anyway we have an up and coming and much taller and talented PGs so we’ll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                  Kinda miss Chot coaching and the drama that goes with it ( cheezy ) he mentioned that we really cannot go tall because other nation would be much taller than us so to negate that he puts in the line up 3 high IQ pgs Castro, Alapag and Tenorio and Romeo towards the latter version of Gilas.

Chot knows the PG spot can compete against the world elite eventhough we are overmatched heightwise.

Dont forget the 5’8 Jio “the cyclone” Jalalon. Never understood why he included him tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                    Kinda miss Chot coaching and the drama that goes with it ( cheezy ) he mentioned that we really cannot go tall because other nation would be much taller than us so to negate that he puts in the line up 3 high IQ pgs Castro, Alapag and Tenorio and Romeo towards the latter version of Gilas.

tall line up playing small ball basketball.. would love to see that.. basta don't make kai a screener, rebounder, receiver of drop passes. should include some post plays in DDO. DDO has post play option it's just chot is not using it..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Watching the Australia-Spain semis game last friday, I'm really impressed with Mark Gasol's turn-around fader which he does it without any fanfare but very effective. Hindi nga maganda panuurin mga galaw ni Gasol eh. Parang old school na mga galaw na walang finesse. Very simple looking move/shot but very effective.

I think the back-to-the-basket turn-around fade away shot is something that our bigs like Junmar Fajardo & Greg Slaughter should have developed some years ago. Such shot or move should be developed because a big man or a center would not be always be able to power his way close to the basket for a point-blank shot. If ranged against strong & very physical bigs or centers, mahihirapan ka na to power your way close to the basket. At kapag pinilit mo pa, its either you will be called for an offensive foul or you will be trapped deep in the paint resulting in a turn over.

The turn-around fade away shot could also served as a contingency move in case you are about to be trapped by a double team or you are about to be called for a 3-second violation while staying in the shaded lane too long.

I just hope that our young bigs like Kai Sotto, AJ Edu & Geo Chiu develops this move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFtBMTr8uho
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YodN4vo8P3s
                      Marc Gasol is nice but I would rather they learn from Dirk. Dirk is more similar to the build of our prospects as he was a slim finesse guy who eventually learned to bang.

Dirk Nowitzki has one of the all time great and unstoppable moves of all time. So today we take a look at how he learned it! Don't forget to like, comment, a...

After becoming 6th on the all-time scoring list re-live some of Dirk Nowitzki's most memorable moments through his signature move!Subscribe to the NBA: http:...

Dirk Nowitzki. Once SIXTH on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. 15th in NBA career playoff scoring. NBA champion. NBA Finals MVP. NBA MVP. 13x NBA All Star. 12...

I agree that Kai with his height w/ a fade away is unblock-able, but imagine him with a pullup.

- Imo our guards need to watch tape of Steve Nash for mid range runners and reverses. Ditto for Mark Price.

Both were unathletic but quick. Both guys compensated with dribbling, shooting and play making. Our guards could learn from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw4sWZ7j4OQ (perfect for our slower guards)

For this video, I chose to highlight one of Nash's signature moves, the one legged runner/floater. It's one of the things people think of when they remember ...

Some highlights of Price's skills. Splitting defenses, ball handling and quickness, open court game, passing and playmaking, shooting and random stuff. After...

Also think our guards need to learn how to snake, they are to predictable during an iso w/ a straight line drive or a pound the ball cross over stepback.

Clips of James Harden attacking the ICE and drop coverages with the snake dribble and hold move.Twitter: @mwoodcock7If you enjoyed the video please leave a l...

James Harden is a master of this popular pick-and-roll technique: the snake back.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                      Last edited by anon9000; 09-15-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Labeyrie is what I envisioned Aguilar to be. Same build too.

Comment

• boomers doing a gilas 2014 WC style of collapse

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            Dont forget the 5’8 Jio “the cyclone” Jalalon. Never understood why he included him tbh.
                            I think because of the agreement that a team should nominate a rookie for GILAS. Jalalon was nominated by magnolia..
                            Ang PRIDE parang panty, pag hindi binaba walang mangyayari...

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              boomers doing a gilas 2014 WC style of collapse
                              Yup.. sadly..
                              Im rooting for boomer..
                              Ang PRIDE parang panty, pag hindi binaba walang mangyayari...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloner View Post
                                Yup.. sadly..
                                Im rooting for boomer..
                                smh.. they already controlling the game then collapse

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information